C-Class (W203) 2001-2007, C160, C180, C200, C220, C230, C240, C270, C280, C300, C320, C230K, C350, Coupe

Went in for Schedule A and walked out with a $1117 tab!! Jeeze

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-16-2010, 10:09 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Nike Turbo Shox
Originally Posted by LILBENZ230
WTF you guys! Stop taking them to the dealer if you don't want to pay ridiculous amounts.

Ahh, it's aright, I rather have the service records straight since im selling it.
Old 06-16-2010, 10:10 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 795 Likes on 598 Posts
2019 G70 6MT & 2022 Ford Maverick XL
I've got all my service records, too.. just they end with the dealer once the warranty was up. Good luck on your sell.
Old 06-16-2010, 10:17 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Nike Turbo Shox
Originally Posted by LILBENZ230
I've got all my service records, too.. just they end with the dealer once the warranty was up. Good luck on your sell.

Thanks man, this lady wants to buy it, waiting for her to come up with some money.
Old 06-16-2010, 10:19 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 209 Likes on 200 Posts
2003 C230K Coupe Orion Blue
ANY job short of the engine can be DIYed. It's actually not bad what you paid for the brake job. Up in Canada the front rotors are $260 for the pair, then $80 for the pads. Add 1h labour and it actually looks about right.

To be honest, based on the amount of work, it looks there honestly isn't much to complain about? Sure the dealer charges a bit more but that's to be expected? Nothing there looks too bad. Here in Vancouver they want $250 for an alignment.
Old 06-18-2010, 06:22 AM
MBworld Guru

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
white and whiter
Originally Posted by DrgnflyZ28
Keep in mind, it was all about getting it done by the dealer while still under manufacturer basic warranty. Regardless, I still think the prices are a bit exuberant for what they perform.
I DIY for most of the repairs on my cars and will do the same for this one once out of warranty.
1. MBUSA warranty does not cover service A OR B.
2. MBUSA warranty does not cover BRAKES unless they're warped under normal circumstances.
3. MBUSA warranty does not cover Brake fluid flush.

you can get these done at any other shop that works on MB. all three out of pocket and does not influence anything on your manufacturer warranty.

if anyone thinks that doing all these at the dealership will impact your car's resale value in anyway, don't keep your hopes too high.

front brakes on the 230 sport parts does not cost more than $260 + 1hr labor $60. $495 is raped.

if you are going to bring the car to the dealership, then don't complaint about how much you are spending.

Last edited by FrankW; 06-18-2010 at 06:33 AM.
Old 06-18-2010, 07:55 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2007 W203 SS
Originally Posted by FrankW
2. MBUSA warranty does not cover BRAKES unless they're warped under normal circumstances.

you can get these done at any other shop that works on MB. all three out of pocket and does not influence anything on your manufacturer warranty.

if anyone thinks that doing all these at the dealership will impact your car's resale value in anyway, don't keep your hopes too high.

front brakes on the 230 sport parts does not cost more than $260 + 1hr labor $60. $495 is raped.

if you are going to bring the car to the dealership, then don't complaint about how much you are spending.
Well good morning to you too!
Uh, yeah, what is NOT covered is common knowledge for anyone who has owned a car Frank. I never said anything about the resale value, that would be your assumption. Your opinion on the brakes as being "raped" is exactly why I expressed my freedom of speech regarding the dealership being overpriced. I've owned, worked on and modded plenty of vehicles and if you think for a minute you can battle a dealership and/or manufacturer when they decide your warranty is void due to ANY circumstance, your sir are mistaken. I wasn't taking that chance but wasn't expecting the exuberant pricing either. This is my first MB and with any car I've owned, I do plenty of research before attempting DIY maintenance or repairs. It's a PITA to put your daily driver on the jack stands only to find that you need that special tool or part. Plus, I've never had a trustworthy INDY (probably due to residing in Florida) that I would do repeat business with.

Last edited by DrgnflyZ28; 06-18-2010 at 07:57 AM.
Old 06-18-2010, 11:49 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
2003 CLK 320

+1. DIY brakes are easy. first DIY i actually did on my car. bought all the oem stuff straight from mercedes the first time too.

Uh, yeah, what is NOT covered is common knowledge for anyone who has owned a car Frank. I never said anything about the resale value, that would be your assumption. Your opinion on the brakes as being "raped" is exactly why I expressed my freedom of speech regarding the dealership being overpriced. I've owned, worked on and modded plenty of vehicles and if you think for a minute you can battle a dealership and/or manufacturer when they decide your warranty is void due to ANY circumstance, your sir are mistaken. I wasn't taking that chance but wasn't expecting the exuberant pricing either. This is my first MB and with any car I've owned, I do plenty of research before attempting DIY maintenance or repairs. It's a PITA to put your daily driver on the jack stands only to find that you need that special tool or part. Plus, I've never had a trustworthy INDY (probably due to residing in Florida) that I would do repeat business with.
most of the time, if they cant justify what you did caused the problem, they arent going to do **** to you. and from the looks of it, you have warranty...they def arent going to do **** to you cuz you can get most of your problems out of the way for free.

and also the tool you need for a brake change is a torque bit. the star looking ones. i found out i need it when i took the wheel off. put it back on. went to kragen. came back and did the brake change. im sure that was the only special tool you needed.

we are just saying that you got owned from the dealer. dont take it harshly. i went to the dealer all the time when i first got the benz as well. but then i realized through this forum that a lot can be done on my own. but dont get me wrong i still bring my benz to the dealer every once and awhile to get a service B and sometimes a service A.

just a word of a advice tho, if you want to mod your car and still go to the dealer, you better make some friends. and with the price your paying, lol you should have friends in the service department. or better yet, find a way to make friends with one of the techs. they can help you out and work on your car after hours.

when i was doing my audio mod, my car was is pieces. door trim was off. SRS warning light was on. no radio connected. drove to my friendly mbz dealer to talk to a tech. and he pointed me out in the right direction. didnt say a thing about it. haha. he told me theres no way you can **** this up after i told you which wire. so yeah like i said, best to make friends
Old 06-18-2010, 12:15 PM

2007 W203 SS
Originally Posted by bheng
just a word of a advice tho, if you want to mod your car and still go to the dealer, you better make some friends. and with the price your paying, lol you should have friends in the service department. or better yet, find a way to make friends with one of the techs. they can help you out and work on your car after hours.

when i was doing my audio mod, my car was is pieces. door trim was off. SRS warning light was on. no radio connected. drove to my friendly mbz dealer to talk to a tech. and he pointed me out in the right direction. didnt say a thing about it. haha. he told me theres no way you can **** this up after i told you which wire. so yeah like i said, best to make friends
That is sound advice that I agree with. I had friends in car clubs that worked at Chevrolet so when I had aftermarket parts that I wanted installed on my Z28, I "contracted" them. Of course, once I needed warranty work, I called upon their services too.
I had one dealer try to void my warranty for a simple cold air induction
Old 06-19-2010, 06:08 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Hmm, my Warranty covered Service A & B and free car washes for life.
Old 06-19-2010, 06:10 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 209 Likes on 200 Posts
2003 C230K Coupe Orion Blue
^ Buellwinkle, you serious??

Anyone else get that with their W203 as well? That's literally a few grand worth of savings..
Old 06-20-2010, 11:00 AM
MBworld Guru

white and whiter
Originally Posted by slammer111
^ Buellwinkle, you serious??

Anyone else get that with their W203 as well? That's literally a few grand worth of savings..
when we bought our cars in 2002, yes, they did have free schedule A & B service during manufacturer warranty. It was removed in 2005 partially to keep msrp down to attract more buyer as well as because MBUSA were losing money when dealership over-bill the mother company.
Old 06-20-2010, 11:02 AM
MBworld Guru

white and whiter
resale value comment was towards whoever made the comment, not towards you.

just clearing few things up since you mentioned you want to keep the warranty.
Old 06-21-2010, 07:08 AM

2007 W203 SS
resale value comment was towards whoever made the comment, not towards you.

just clearing few things up since you mentioned you want to keep the warranty.
Thanks for the clarification