C-Class (W203) 2001-2007, C160, C180, C200, C220, C230, C240, C270, C280, C300, C320, C230K, C350, Coupe

Which parts are needed to install MB Timeport?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-04-2002, 07:34 PM
Almost a Member!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Which parts are needed to install MB Timeport?

I purchased a MB Timeport phone for my 2002 C230K. Does anyone know what else I need to install it and have it integrated into the audio system? I already have Tele-aid so I think some of the cell parts are already there since Tele-aid makes cellular calls - is this correct?

Are there any directions posted on any websites on how to do this??

Any help would be greatly appreciated...
Old 02-04-2002, 08:27 PM
Super Moderator

Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts
2003 CL55 AMG

Teli aid uses a totaly different system for it's cell system separate from the Timeport side of things. You will need a PSE (Phone support Electronics) modules, the installtion kit (includes cradle, compensators, cords, etc) and the Voice Recognition module (if available for your model) if you want the Voice Activation feature.

I would say without installation you are looking at around $1000.00 for the needed parts. There are several online vendors like Autowerkes and Autoclass that sell the parts needed.

On COMAND equipped vehicles, the dealer will need to program the fiber loop once installed for correct operation of the Phone/COMAND unit.
Old 02-05-2002, 07:21 AM
Almost a Member!

Thanks... you seem to know a lot about this.

Do you have the installation directions that you could either fax to me or post?? I will be installing this in a '02 C230k Coupe - if the directions are different between models.

Ken
Old 02-05-2002, 08:20 AM

2001 MB CLK55
Originally posted by C230Ken
Do you have the installation directions that you could either fax to me or post?? I will be installing this in a '02 C230k Coupe - if the directions are different between models.
Ken
The installation is different between models. I recently had my 01 CLK55 upgraded from a Timeport to a v60.c (in a car that already had the phone with voice activation installed) and wouldn't have even considered doing the work myself. Installation was only about $200 of a $1245 total (that includes phone, PSE, cradle, cable, and misc mounting bits).

In the US, CLK's are pre-wired for the phone - my understanding is that this is true for other models as well. It is also my understanding that non-US cars do NOT have the phone harness factory installed for any model.

My perception is that installing the phone in my car would have been more intense than a high-end stereo installation - and for $200 it wasn't worth my time nor the risk of me damaging my car. Check with your dealer or trusted local aftermarket house - installation may not add that much to your total cost.

Jim
Old 02-05-2002, 01:59 PM
Super Moderator

Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts
2003 CL55 AMG
I have installed a Timeport system into a C320. Although the install for me at least was pretty straight forward and simple, Jkelly is correct in saying there are a lot of parts and it can get confusing if you do not know much about the system. I do have schemetics for the Timeport system, however, the V60c system will be basically the same to install.

The dealer still needs to program the vehicle via the DAS laptop once your phone is installed to get the fiberloop to see it. At least this is the case in COMAND equipped vehicles.

When I get home later Ill see if I can post the pictures at least. If you want me to email them to you (They are in PDF format), send me a email requesting them and ill fire them off to you.