C-Class (W203) 2001-2007, C160, C180, C200, C220, C230, C240, C270, C280, C300, C320, C230K, C350, Coupe

words cannot explain my utter disappointment with my life in general right now.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-14-2003, 12:02 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2003 MB C230 coupe
Originally posted by FrankW
montereo sport is around $25-30k...
ooh man, that makes it even worse in a way since her damages were almost worth the price of the vehicle itself.
Old 04-14-2003, 01:04 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts
Mercedes-Benz
wasn't this an april fools gag?
Old 04-14-2003, 01:11 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally posted by AlBoston
wasn't this an april fools gag?
There was an April Fool's gag, but this is the real thing.
Old 04-14-2003, 08:07 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2003 MB C230 coupe
Originally posted by Lynn
There was an April Fool's gag, but this is the real thing.
which makes this all the more a kick in the ***.
Old 04-14-2003, 08:30 AM
taylor192

Re: words cannot explain my utter disappointment with my life in general right now.

Originally posted by truelove
EDIT: let me explain to everyone the situation. i was going to turn left at an intersection (stop lights facing all directions). i was in the left-turn lane with my blinker on, i was looking left pulling out into the intersection, then the two women in the car suggested i go straight, i flipped off my turn signal attempted to go straight (no cars around, very bare streets) only to see a taxi cab turning left in front of me (he was coming at me turning left so he was coming from my left and was turning onto the road on my right. i saw him too late, slammed on my brakes, almost got stopped, and then he hit the front right of my car with the side of his because he floored it attempting to get outta my way. i got a ticket for failing to reduce speed to avoid an accident (whatever the hell that means), and it's pretty much my fault (i didn't say that though) so my insurance will probably have to cover both cars. my insurance rates will skyrocket because of that plus the ticket (which i plan to fight or defer since i've never had a ticket before or an accident). the taxi cab saw i was a young guy in a mercedes and explained to the cop that i was speeding and attempting to swerve around a car in front of me that was also turning left (there were no other cars around). it was my fault (mostly), but speed was not an issue, i was barely moving.

... my insurance is gonna rape me, and the car only has 5000 miles on it.
I had a similar accident, turned left when I should've had an advance green (blinking green light for those in areas that don't have advance greens, meaning you have the right of way to turn left) but due to the time at night I never got the advance green, and $11K CND and 5 weeks later my car was fixed.

My accident also got me a by-law ticker for "failure to avoid a collision", NOT a traffice ticket, yet my insurance still assigned me 100% blame.

I am hoping not to get raped by the insurance company, but see it coming, I don't know your driving history, but I had 7 years driving clean, no tickets no accidents, so if my insurance company rapes me I already have a backup plan. With my good record I plan on finding a company that will give a break to those with good driving records and only a single blemish... they do exist you just have to search for them. Also if you have a group policy or home/auto it gives you leverage, threaten to pull the whole plan.

Its just an accident, these things happen, I just read a book and you have to "externalize" this. Its really not your fault, its the stupid women for making you change directions at the last minute, or the cabbie for being in a rush and not taking the time to make sure you were actually turning. Instead of saying "this always happens to me" say "I'm not listening to the stupid women the next time".
Old 04-14-2003, 10:49 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts
SLS AMG | S65 AMG | GL550
Did they give you a quote on the price of the headlight?

Erik
Old 04-14-2003, 12:24 PM

2017 GLA 250 4Matic
Truelove:

Like I said man! You should not have jinxed yourself with that April Fool's joke. You are cursed buddy!
Old 04-14-2003, 02:28 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2003 MB C230 coupe
Originally posted by Big Sheesh
Truelove:

Like I said man! You should not have jinxed yourself with that April Fool's joke. You are cursed buddy!
but i was knocking on wood all day that day!!!

i just got the estimate. $5532.75. keep in mind this is a very very good auto body so they know what they're doing. they're going to pretty much replace all the parts rather than try to repair anything since it's a brand new car. the headlight alone was $1000!! and no, i don't need a deal on a headlight. the insurance is gonna pay for it anyway so what's 1 grand. the dude said my car should be good as new in about 2 weeks, which is pretty good i think.

i'm just gonna be careful from now on and i won't listen to any backseat drivers anymore. hopefully, i won't see another accident for at least a few years. maybe my bad luck is hitting me all at once and it'll be smooth sailing from here on out. i can hope so anyway right?
Old 04-14-2003, 05:32 PM

C230K
Re: not too bad

Originally posted by Mike T.
How'd you do it?

In any case, it's not an old classic for which body parts are unavailable. It could be worse. You might only have been able to afford a 1978 Lada.

A new hood, a new fender, a new bumper, headlight and some trim and it'll be as good as new.

What you need is some PMA. Positive Mental Attitude. Think positively and good things will happen to you. Think negative thoughts and there will be a little black rain cloud over your head all the time. Try it!
speaking of Lada's, on my way back from england a couple weeks ago i was wathcing the inflight tv. They had some car show on, and on one of the segments they took an old lada to lotus to have them rebuild the car to make it track ready for some very lucky guy. They put over 100,000 pounds worth of mods in to that car.
Old 04-15-2003, 02:49 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
asdf
Originally posted by Big Sheesh
Truelove:

Ya I remember that awhile back. You really had me fooled too. I was totally feeling bad for you. But damn. That is some crazy timing . The damage doesn't seem to be all that severe and as long as your engine is fine then you shouldn't feel too bad. I'm still having transmission problems and it's a pain in the ***.

I think I said a few "forbidden" phrases in the past:

"I haven't gotten a ticket in awhile."
"I have never gotten into an accident in all the years I've been driving."

Out of habit I probably knocked on wood but it's still all superstition. I do try to watch myself and not say those things. Out of pure probability I'm due for some sort of bad luck anyday now.

I guess prevention of accidents all come down to your driving habits. For me, I always assume the worst case scenario. That the guy in the lane next to me will all of a sudden veer off course and plow into me....so I tend to avoid being directly next to someone when possible. Crossing intersections I assume someone will run a red light and T-bone into me...so I usually let off the accelerator and place my foot over the brake as I am crossing.

You can't prevent all accidents. Some are completely out of your control. But following simple prevention techniques will definitely make for safer driving.
Old 04-16-2003, 12:32 AM

'04 Mars Red C230K 6 sp.
Tuelove,
Keep your chin up. I respond to many auto accidents each week where people have much larger consequences. (putting it politely)
Metal and plastic can be repaired flawlessy. Insurance premiums are a pain in the *** at worst.

Flesh and bones are much harder to fix. I'm just glad none of you were hurt.
Old 04-16-2003, 04:44 AM
MBworld Guru

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
white and whiter
I never got jinxed and got a ticket or anything like that, but I'm probably cursed with SCRATCHES and stone chips more than anyone else. My hood is messed up.