C-Class (W203) 2001-2007, C160, C180, C200, C220, C230, C240, C270, C280, C300, C320, C230K, C350, Coupe

deciced to keep the coupe

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-20-2010, 02:15 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
02 C230 coupe
deciced to keep the coupe

I was thinking about getting rid of the C coupe. But I decided to keep it for my daily driver. I just bought an M coupe to have for my fun car, and to do performance upgrades, etc.

I also just ordered KW V1 coil overs for it today and am waiting for the body shop to get back to me with an appointment for painting/installing the Brabus kit.

I still wish I could get some more ponies out of her, but hopefully the KW's make the handling super fun.

My sunroof stopped working. When i do a search there is a bunch of threads. Is there a thread in particular someone can link me to that may have the best advice in it?

I know a handful of people have messaged me about buying the mods if I was to part with it. I just wanted to let anyone who was interested that I will not be selling the mods.

I'll post more as I do more.
Old 08-20-2010, 05:53 PM
MBworld Guru

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
white and whiter
congratz on the clown shoe is it the Z3 or the Z4 M?

don't forget about the sway bars to go along with the KWs. you'll be surprised how well the 203 actually handles minus the somewhat lack of steering feedback.

as for the sunroof, I don't have a coupe so can't help you on that, but should be a thread in the sticky DIY section I hope.
Old 08-20-2010, 11:52 PM

Hopefully another MB soon..
Like.. "The" M Coupe?

Props
Old 08-22-2010, 11:21 AM

02 C230 coupe
It's the Z3 M coupe angry clown shoe. I absolutely love it! The inside is pretty small (and I'm a small guy), but wow what fun it is to drive!

My buddy at the garage told me if I'm doing the KW's the larger sway bars probably wouldn't be needed. Thoughts?
Old 08-22-2010, 06:19 PM
MBworld Guru

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
white and whiter
wrong, sway-bar makes a huge difference in reducing body-roll and decrease understeer depends on your setup.

KW's gonna help, but not to the extend of the role of the sway-bars.

I did the eibach swaybars after the coilovers and it still made a huge difference.
Old 08-23-2010, 07:21 AM

02 C230 coupe
Originally Posted by FrankW
wrong, sway-bar makes a huge difference in reducing body-roll and decrease understeer depends on your setup.

KW's gonna help, but not to the extend of the role of the sway-bars.

I did the eibach swaybars after the coilovers and it still made a huge difference.
Thanks for the info. I am going to see if I can get them done at the same time this week. What is the stock sway bar thickness?
Old 08-23-2010, 09:56 AM
Out Of Control!!

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
2004 Civic Si. FWD for the Win!
There's a thread with comparisons of all the thicknesses of all of the bars. It shouldn't be too hard to find.

I agree with Frank, you need the sways as well. Hopefully, your buddy is better with installs than he is at advise.

Would love to see pics of the M; I've been thinking about the M roadster when the prices drop a little more in a year or two. Those Z3 Ms are very impressive at the autoxes I've been to - awesome handling.
Old 08-23-2010, 11:20 AM

02 C230 coupe
Originally Posted by tommy
There's a thread with comparisons of all the thicknesses of all of the bars. It shouldn't be too hard to find.

I agree with Frank, you need the sways as well. Hopefully, your buddy is better with installs than he is at advise.

Would love to see pics of the M; I've been thinking about the M roadster when the prices drop a little more in a year or two. Those Z3 Ms are very impressive at the autoxes I've been to - awesome handling.
I will hunt the thread down. My earlier searching looks like stock is 20 and 13. They are great with the install work there. The mechanic their has no love for the C coupe. He wants me to get rid of it, get a Mini and hook that up instead. So the advice I usually get is...you should sell it and get a Mini. My other buddy there said I should see how it feels with the coil overs first, then decide. I am pretty sure I will be doing them. I will post a pic of the M shortly.

I'd like to clean both the C coupe and M coupe up and do a little photo shoot. Maybe after I have the coil overs done. I'll post some pics of it.
Old 08-23-2010, 12:48 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
2004 Civic Si. FWD for the Win!
Originally Posted by shanarchy
He wants me to get rid of it, get a Mini and hook that up instead. So the advice I usually get is...you should sell it and get a Mini. My other buddy there said I should see how it feels with the coil overs first, then decide.
IMHO, if you replaced it with a Mini, that would be too close in features to the M. You'd have two fairly impractical cars that would be a tight fit. At least with the coupe, you have a car that is more practical and comfortable than the M to tote around people and/or crap in. And after autoxing the coupe once, you won't be tempted to do it again as you would with the Mini.
Old 08-23-2010, 03:48 PM

02 C230 coupe
I actually picked the C coupe over a Mini when I bought it. The cargo space in the C is pretty impressive. The Mini, not so much. Also, the stock C coupe (M111) is just as fast as an 02 stage 3 Mini (chip, intake, pulleys, exhaust). The handling on the other hand.....

Besides, I'd rather mod a car that isn't going to be the same modded car you see everywhere (VW, Honda, Audi). I love the look of the quirky hatch.