C-Class (W203) 2001-2007, C160, C180, C200, C220, C230, C240, C270, C280, C300, C320, C230K, C350, Coupe

CEL from electrical?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-07-2010, 04:58 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C230K Coupe
CEL from electrical?

So, as I'm driving down the interstate my car goes into limp mode, shows the "Coolant! Visit Workshop!" message and throws the following CELs

P0010 - "A" Camshaft Position Actuator Circuit (Bank 1)
P0020 - "B" Camshaft Position Actuator Circuit (Bank 2)
P0135 - Oxygen O2 Sensor Heater Circuit Malfunction (Bank 1, Sensor 1)
P0365 - Camshaft Position Sensor "B" Circuit (Bank 1)

Coolant levels are fine. I checked around for any pinched/cut wires but couldn't find anything. Basic junk all checked out.

Since all the CELs are circuit related I'm hoping there's just one underlying cause.

No clue where to go from here. I had the camshaft solenoid recall performed 2 months ago and wonder if the dealer messed something up in the process.

Anyone with a good idea where to start that would be great

Cheers
- dym
Old 09-07-2010, 05:30 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 148 Likes on 132 Posts
'17 Jaguar XF
Originally Posted by dymmeh
.... I had the camshaft solenoid recall performed 2 months ago and wonder if the dealer messed something up in the process.

Anyone with a good idea where to start that would be great...
Take it back. Those symptoms are consistent with the solenoid leaks. Just guessing....some leftover oil made it's way to the failure point?
Old 09-07-2010, 06:41 PM
Super Moderator

Received 177 Likes on 144 Posts
late 2009 CLK 350 Coupe Elegance, '65 Jaguar S Type wires
+1
Old 10-07-2010, 04:19 PM

C230 K
What was the resolution to your problem? I also had the Camshaft Solenoid Campaign performed and after 5000 miles / 9 months I'm getting P0010. Right after the solenoid was replaced, the cam advance mechanism started to make a clicking noise. Also it leaked oil and was resealed at the dealership.

Took the car back to the dealership and the are suggesting to replace the camshaft advance mechanism due to an internal failure. Cost $1500. They don't want to acknowledge they broke something during the service campaign. I have no trust in their ability to diagnose of fix problems.

I called MB customer service but they were useless. Any advice?
Old 10-07-2010, 07:27 PM

C230K Coupe
Originally Posted by totita
What was the resolution to your problem? I also had the Camshaft Solenoid Campaign performed and after 5000 miles / 9 months I'm getting P0010. Right after the solenoid was replaced, the cam advance mechanism started to make a clicking noise. Also it leaked oil and was resealed at the dealership.

Took the car back to the dealership and the are suggesting to replace the camshaft advance mechanism due to an internal failure. Cost $1500. They don't want to acknowledge they broke something during the service campaign. I have no trust in their ability to diagnose of fix problems.

I called MB customer service but they were useless. Any advice?
Fortunately for me it was just some wiring being "pinched" by the valve cover which caused my problems. I think it was caused by the dealer but they say otherwise. I even looked for snagged wires but couldn't find anything before I took it to the dealer.
Simple fix..

Hopefully yours is something simple too. but it almost never is the case