C-Class (W203) 2001-2007, C160, C180, C200, C220, C230, C240, C270, C280, C300, C320, C230K, C350, Coupe

m272 c230 performance camshafts/heads...?

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average.

Old 10-30-2010, 05:28 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
"annoyance" and "self-righteousness", amoung others...
I'd love to own a C63 when the time is right. If I'm going to go V8 Mercedes, I'm going to go all the way.

The problem I found, is that I have a personality trait that begs to be different.

The problem with an inherantly fast V8 car, such as the C55, or in my previous case, my LS1 car; everyone not only has one, but everyone has a modded one.

Ya sure my hometown wasn't full of them, and I was damn well one of the fastest if not the fastest at the time, but they were still out there, and being an enthusiast who lives on the forums, you're exposed to the hundreds of other enthusiasts who have done everything you've done, plus some. There's always some guy who bought the next generation cam that pushed the limits that much further, or the outrageously rich fellow who not only had the next gen cam, but had a custom dual turbo setup to go along with it.

So, a big part of my curiosity in building a DOHC, v6 car is not only to do just that, but to also be different. I'd like to see how many others follow me in this pursuit. Considering the flaming I receive everytime I mention it, I'm sure not many.

It's ok for people to own an already engineered, supercharger v6 known as the C32, but not ok for me to build up a c350.

to each his own.
Old 10-30-2010, 06:42 PM

2009 blk/blk C63 AMG, 2010 wht/blk c300 sport, 06 c280, 12 Triumph Daytona 675R wht/blk/red
im really liking the idea of a sc or rear mount turbo at this point. i only wanna put another 5-6 grand into the car tops. i could have easily got myself a c55 or c32, but IMO that would not be half as fun as owning a c280 4matic with 350-400 horses. i mean cmon i already dropped 5 grand alone on the bodykit and paint/labor. the car looks exactly how i want it to, and its all coming together perfectly now. now its time for engine modding. i could easily have an rsx with 400 horses, but thats not what a want. i want a c280 with 400 horses.
Old 10-30-2010, 06:59 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Luke_Geezy
im really liking the idea of a sc or rear mount turbo at this point. i only wanna put another 5-6 grand into the car tops. i could have easily got myself a c55 or c32, but IMO that would not be half as fun as owning a c280 4matic with 350-400 horses. i mean cmon i already dropped 5 grand alone on the bodykit and paint/labor. the car looks exactly how i want it to, and its all coming together perfectly now. now its time for engine modding. i could easily have an rsx with 400 horses, but thats not what a want. i want a c280 with 400 horses.

Yikes, dreaming of 400 out of your c280 is a little too ambitious my friend.

Obviously anything is possible but my ambition of 325 out of a 3.5L is a slight bit more in the realm of reality.

For starters you're already missing out from not having the extra stroke and bore of the 3.5. By all means, invest in a set of cams and headers if you so desire ($5k+ installed), but beyond that you're either looking at spending a LOT to boost a little or spending even a lot more to have some custom forged internals made to get the boost and subsequent power up to your spec.

Sounds like you have a lot of money at your disposal for your presumed age, so... by all means, have at it.
Old 10-30-2010, 07:01 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
2006 C350 Sport 6MT
Originally Posted by cpbeasley
I'd love to own a C63 when the time is right. If I'm going to go V8 Mercedes, I'm going to go all the way.

The problem I found, is that I have a personality trait that begs to be different.

The problem with an inherantly fast V8 car, such as the C55, or in my previous case, my LS1 car; everyone not only has one, but everyone has a modded one.

Ya sure my hometown wasn't full of them, and I was damn well one of the fastest if not the fastest at the time, but they were still out there, and being an enthusiast who lives on the forums, you're exposed to the hundreds of other enthusiasts who have done everything you've done, plus some. There's always some guy who bought the next generation cam that pushed the limits that much further, or the outrageously rich fellow who not only had the next gen cam, but had a custom dual turbo setup to go along with it.

So, a big part of my curiosity in building a DOHC, v6 car is not only to do just that, but to also be different. I'd like to see how many others follow me in this pursuit. Considering the flaming I receive everytime I mention it, I'm sure not many.

It's ok for people to own an already engineered, supercharger v6 known as the C32, but not ok for me to build up a c350.

to each his own.
I agree, it all depends what you want. If you want a fast car then no not worth fixing it up. But if you want a project car and a car that no one has modded then totally go for it. I respect that!!

maybe 4 months ago I wanted to boost my car (turbo) as a project but people we apposed to it and i got a lot of negativity so I ditched the idea. The only solution I saw with a turbo was rear mount. Up front I don't have much room and I would have to relocate a lot of stuff. If you want to build a project car (c350) look into an auto. The manual can not handle as much power as the auto can. Centrifugal SC sound soo tempting

Good luck man, I really hope you can pull it off (it should be no problem). Worst case scenario you put a bottle on the car
Old 10-30-2010, 07:05 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
2006 C350 Sport 6MT
Originally Posted by Luke_Geezy
I would love to see a 4matic pushing 400hp. These engines are not fragile. I have 30k very hard miles on my car (52k total). The people that know me know how I beat my car. The m272 is a work horse, I think it can easily handle boost (if done correctly and monitored).
Old 10-30-2010, 07:41 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Nike Turbo Shox
Tuning Technologies Motorsports can build it. I mean to each his own of course, start with the headers and see where it goes from there.
Old 10-30-2010, 08:19 PM

2009 blk/blk C63 AMG, 2010 wht/blk c300 sport, 06 c280, 12 Triumph Daytona 675R wht/blk/red
400 horses is a bit of a dream, but 300+ or so is deff a reality. and yes, i would consider myself very lucky working for my dad who owns his own pharmaceutical company and at 19 being able to mod the hell out of my car. my stock c280 4matic is 230. my Evosport pulley kit added 12hp, eisenmann race added close to 25, Evosport headers and Schrick cams should add a good couple horses, and with the TTmotorsports tune thats easy 300 horses and AWD too and if TT can supercharge/turbo it up as well, thats pretty serious numbers for a c280. something that to my knowledge hasnt really been done.
Old 10-30-2010, 08:22 PM

Originally Posted by Karo
I agree, it all depends what you want. If you want a fast car then no not worth fixing it up. But if you want a project car and a car that no one has modded then totally go for it. I respect that!!

maybe 4 months ago I wanted to boost my car (turbo) as a project but people we apposed to it and i got a lot of negativity so I ditched the idea. The only solution I saw with a turbo was rear mount. Up front I don't have much room and I would have to relocate a lot of stuff. If you want to build a project car (c350) look into an auto. The manual can not handle as much power as the auto can. Centrifugal SC sound soo tempting

Good luck man, I really hope you can pull it off (it should be no problem). Worst case scenario you put a bottle on the car
haha a bottle would be a ton of fun on 95
Old 10-31-2010, 12:48 AM
Banned

Do the world a favor, find an AWD dyno and start posting some numbers if you seriously get into this. I'll be your #1 supporter if you are serious about even going as far as the cams. You'll be a pioneer for doing those alone. Even the headers are a rare mod for our m272 w203.

Not to burst your bubble but 25 hp for the exhaust is a little overrated for a small displacement v6 my friend. I was lucky to have gotten close to that with long tube headers on my old LS1 car. Just trying to save you from getting flamed if you go trying to claim that elsewhere.

Anyway. Get those headers on, order up your Schrick cams and you'll have broken new ground.

As far as boost, the STS system is your best bet. Affordable, rear mounted, and a seemingly realistic modification.

Think of where you'd be had you spent your cosmetic mod money on performance.

I wouldnt waste my time speaking with a 19 year old with big dreams about their car usually... however it seems as if you have the bank roll to get it done lol.

let us know when you get the headers