C-Class (W203) 2001-2007, C160, C180, C200, C220, C230, C240, C270, C280, C300, C320, C230K, C350, Coupe

Help Locating Door Pull

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-17-2010, 07:19 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2001 C320
Help Locating Door Pull

Hey... new member here... and new 2001 C320 owner (picked it up 3 days ago). This forum has already proven invaluable in locating how to remedy a few thrown codes, as well as removing some trim pieces and such.

I'm no stranger to german autos having grown up cutting my teeth on a few bimmers since age 16... and definitely no slouch when it comes to tinkering with autos (owned a '95 Mustang GT that I "rebuilt" for SCCA racing and poured more money than sense into while in the military). However, this C320 is my first venture into the Mercedes-Benz world. Well aware of this model's "character" and "nature" so I'll muster through those battles when they arise... but, as I said, this car is in very nice shape and has had a lot of the replacement and maintenance already performed before I purchased it.

That said... the passenger, front, inner door pull is broken (at the top mounting point, more specifically). Removed the pieces from the door panel and have it JB-welding, in an attempt to try and fix it, but not sure it's going to be salvageable due to the nature of the break points.

Does anyone have a line on a replacement door pull, aside from going through the beloved stealerships? Looked on eBay with no luck, and the typical google search isn't any more promising. So figured I'd turn to you guys for help.

Again... glad to be on the forums and learning a wealth of knowledge already. Thanks!

-VK
Old 10-17-2010, 07:36 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
'11 SL550 - '08 ML350
Been there done that. Very common issue. Here is my thread on it. Click on the Trademotion link and type in your car.

https://mbworld.org/forums/c-class-w...placement.html