C-Class (W203) 2001-2007, C160, C180, C200, C220, C230, C240, C270, C280, C300, C320, C230K, C350, Coupe

USA Road Trip

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-23-2010, 05:32 PM
Super Moderator

Received 21 Likes on 20 Posts
THE C350
wow why do all my threads end up the same. thanks for the tip glyn i might end up doing that. Mesa Verde is beautiful and amazing i use to spend every summer in Colorado so i have been there but might need to visit again. Yeah my stay in ca might be interesting i will have to barricade myself inside a room.
Old 11-24-2010, 07:59 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CL203
my advice is to go back to college and try a fresh approach to your education. if you like computers, then get a degree in computer science or computer engineering.

if you want to try to get back into school and give college another try i can try to help. i dont work in those fields, but am decent at helping manage a work/study/play schedule... but you have to want to go back to school first.

i think if you want to go on a road trip... do it for a week or two, but then focus on getting back into academics and get your degree.
Old 11-24-2010, 08:42 AM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
'02 C230 Coupe (Me) '03 SLK320 6MT (Wife)
OK, that is seriously good advice. However, if you want a compromise and can afford it....plan on going back to school next fall with a fresh look. Get the wanderlust out of your system over the next few months. Then settle down to work. Just remember, that is the most likely path to the fun toys!

That being said, if there are things you want to try on your trip, combine them if you can. For example: The first time I ever tried skydiving was a tandem jump just south of Sacramento. Made my first trip to CA memorable.
Old 11-24-2010, 08:57 AM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
"annoyance" and "self-righteousness", amoung others...
Originally Posted by midnight kompre
my advice is to go back to college and try a fresh approach to your education. if you like computers, then get a degree in computer science or computer engineering.

if you want to try to get back into school and give college another try i can try to help. i dont work in those fields, but am decent at helping manage a work/study/play schedule... but you have to want to go back to school first.

i think if you want to go on a road trip... do it for a week or two, but then focus on getting back into academics and get your degree.

the most fun you'll ever have = college (a 4 yr college you can get immersed in)
and get a degree while you're doing it.
Old 11-24-2010, 09:54 AM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
'02 C230 Coupe (Me) '03 SLK320 6MT (Wife)
Originally Posted by cpbeasley
fun you'll ever have = college (a 4 yr college you can get immersed in).
Even if it takes you 7 years to finish. Yep, I had fun.
Old 11-24-2010, 09:57 AM
Out Of Control!!

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
2004 Civic Si. FWD for the Win!
Originally Posted by MW_ATL
Even if it takes you 7 years to finish. Yep, I had fun.
I don't feel too bad now, at 4 1/2 plus a summer.
Old 11-24-2010, 10:24 AM

2003 c240
college is great but i think if you want to travel the country, you should do it before. Get it out of your system. My first couple years of college were terrible, I wasn't ready for it and i wish i had waited until i was ready. I moved out but Now i am back and love college. You don't want to screw your GPA up if your not ready for it. You have the rest of your life for school and work.
Old 11-24-2010, 10:31 AM
Out Of Control!!

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
2004 Civic Si. FWD for the Win!
That's true, but at 20, with one year (and credits that may not transfer), Trey's looking at being a 25-year-old college grad without any job-specific experience, if he does go back and get his degree. I'm all for enjoying life, seeing new things, etc., but there is a time to sh*t or get off the pot on the college vs. an alternate career path decision, and it's coming.
Old 11-24-2010, 10:38 AM

2003 c240
Im 25 and i graduate next semester as an electrical engineer. Sometimes you learn what you want when you go on an adventure. You can always intern during summers in school to get experience, thats what im doing.
Old 11-24-2010, 12:10 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 795 Likes on 598 Posts
2019 G70 6MT & 2022 Ford Maverick XL
I took a year and a half off of work.. helped me find myself again, put things in place, etc. It was a major refresh. Unfortunately not everyone can do such a thing. I should've taken a roadtrip like that during my 18 month sabbatical but I don't like to drive long distances alone. As I said, I'd rather fly.
Old 11-24-2010, 01:03 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
2002 Mercedes Benz C230 Coupe
I see youre coming up to Toronto as well...good call!

Let me know your schedule, so we can meet up. Youre welcome to crash on my couch if needed.
Old 11-24-2010, 03:28 PM

'05 c230 Kompressor SS Mistress
If you do visit Karo and are in LA you need to take a drive on Angels Crest HIghway and PCH
those two are also a personal favorite of mine
Old 11-24-2010, 04:45 PM
Super Moderator

Received 21 Likes on 20 Posts
THE C350
Thank for that advice guys. I know i need to get back to school but even if i don't do the trip i won't go till this fall. So i can either work all summer or take the trip that is where i am at right now. I think that when i go back i will be more dedicated then i was the first time i did not take it seriously enough and did not like what i was doing. I am so glad i got a job it has changed my way of looking at things and will help me focus on school like i should. I have a travel bug and if i don't do a trip before i go back to school i will continue to not focus and end up with a bad GPA and nothing to show for it. I have lots of family that i want to visit who are getting old and want to make sure i see them before i loose that chance and might loose them before i have the chance to see them again. I Know that i am going to graduate and be older then everyone but am fine with that i really don't have a choice there anyway any more. I have not stooped doing studying and stuff i am going to take another cisco test in a month or so and then am going to start working on Microsoft certifications. Like i said thanks for all the suggestions and advice I really do appreciate it i sometimes wonder what would have happened if i stuck with the school but i honestly think i would have burned out and given up on it and be working the rest of my life. I have matured a lot in the last year and think that i will take school way more maturely then ever so hopefully i will stay motivated and get through it.
Old 11-24-2010, 05:39 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Aston Martin V8 Vantage
Originally Posted by samaritrey
Thank for that advice guys. I know i need to get back to school but even if i don't do the trip i won't go till this fall. So i can either work all summer or take the trip that is where i am at right now. I think that when i go back i will be more dedicated then i was the first time i did not take it seriously enough and did not like what i was doing. I am so glad i got a job it has changed my way of looking at things and will help me focus on school like i should. I have a travel bug and if i don't do a trip before i go back to school i will continue to not focus and end up with a bad GPA and nothing to show for it. I have lots of family that i want to visit who are getting old and want to make sure i see them before i loose that chance and might loose them before i have the chance to see them again. I Know that i am going to graduate and be older then everyone but am fine with that i really don't have a choice there anyway any more. I have not stooped doing studying and stuff i am going to take another cisco test in a month or so and then am going to start working on Microsoft certifications. Like i said thanks for all the suggestions and advice I really do appreciate it i sometimes wonder what would have happened if i stuck with the school but i honestly think i would have burned out and given up on it and be working the rest of my life. I have matured a lot in the last year and think that i will take school way more maturely then ever so hopefully i will stay motivated and get through it.
i'm the youngest one on here and i'll give you this word of advice Trey, education is everything. The nice real nice cars, girls and friends will all come along once they see you have something to show for. i save all my activities for weekends (only sundays) and during long breaks (when i'm not working) never during my time of escalading my knowledge. as a business major in college, i'm always busy i rarely make time for friends. i'm either working on the company or homework late at night.
Old 11-24-2010, 05:45 PM
Banned

I took three years off after I graduated from college to find myself and my career path. Im one of the oldest ones in my Dental school class (27) and it makes no difference at all. I have made some of the best friends I have ever had. While theres a lot of emotional maturity that occurs between 19 and 25, really the ability to bond and have a good time is universal. Same goes with learning.

Go travel, but get your sh*t in gear and go back to school. Dont alienate yourself with the mentality you're old. Join a frat... go to parties... become socially involved and you'll forget about any gap. So will everyone else.
Old 11-24-2010, 07:10 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
2006 C350 Sport 6MT
Originally Posted by cpbeasley
I took three years off after I graduated from college to find myself and my career path. Im one of the oldest ones in my Dental school class (27) and it makes no difference at all. I have made some of the best friends I have ever had. While theres a lot of emotional maturity that occurs between 19 and 25, really the ability to bond and have a good time is universal. Same goes with learning.

Go travel, but get your sh*t in gear and go back to school. Dont alienate yourself with the mentality you're old. Join a frat... go to parties...turbo your car.... become socially involved and you'll forget about any gap. So will everyone else.
I couldn't agree more on turbo your car part.
Old 11-24-2010, 07:36 PM
Banned

ROFLMAO

couldn't have offered that advice better myself... wait, I guess I did!

but really, don't need too many peeps modding their cars, that way ours seem faster
Old 11-24-2010, 09:45 PM

Originally Posted by michael kuzni
i'm the youngest one on here and i'll give you this word of advice Trey, education is everything. The nice real nice cars, girls and friends will all come along once they see you have something to show for. i save all my activities for weekends (only sundays) and during long breaks (when i'm not working) never during my time of escalading my knowledge. as a business major in college, i'm always busy i rarely make time for friends. i'm either working on the company or homework late at night.
NO no i think im the youngest one on here
Old 11-25-2010, 01:12 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Aston Martin V8 Vantage
Originally Posted by havoc_vulture
NO no i think im the youngest one on here
What are you 18? Haha at least you're not that kid on the c63 threads that's 16 with daddy's car taking smack
Old 11-25-2010, 01:30 AM

Originally Posted by michael kuzni
What are you 18? Haha at least you're not that kid on the c63 threads that's 16 with daddy's car taking smack
and no hahah no c63 lol
Old 11-25-2010, 01:47 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2013 UFO
and no hahah no c63 lol
So WE are the youngest ones here!
Old 11-25-2010, 01:49 AM

Originally Posted by edgarinho10
So WE'RE the youngest ones here!
OK OK WE'RE the youngest ones here
Old 11-25-2010, 01:52 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2013 UFO
OK OK WE'RE the youngest ones here
No, it's we.

lol you misquoted.
Old 11-25-2010, 02:03 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
2006 C350 Sport 6MT
Who is the oldest??
Old 11-25-2010, 02:12 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2013 UFO
Originally Posted by Karo
Who is the oldest??
I've seen a few around mid 50's....

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: USA Road Trip