C-Class (W203) 2001-2007, C160, C180, C200, C220, C230, C240, C270, C280, C300, C320, C230K, C350, Coupe

Beasley's 2006 C350 6MT Thread, come one, come all!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-24-2011 | 02:34 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2006 C350 Sport 6MT
Originally Posted by cpbeasley
Interesting. So whyd they change it if the dipstick is inaccurate?
Fck bro, you question everything that anyone posts. Because you damn car takes 8.5 quarts and if you don't measure it at the right temperature it'll show it's completely off.

You do have a sensor but it's when it's low and tells you to add more not a real sensor where it tells you your engine level.

I never wanted to butt in or anything because you sounded like a cool guy but you sound like a totall douche. When people try to help you and post stuff you question them and try to make it seems that you know what you're talking about. You posted a freaking thread because you were interested into making power and people post you other alternative to make more power and you start making up stories. People try to save you headaches and you start attacking them. You really sound like a stuck up little girls whose on her rag. Seriously if someone criticizes something about your car or you, you get defensive and starts BSing.

I made many turbo threads and I was being criticized but I never got butt hurt. Take a chill pill man.
Old 01-24-2011 | 05:07 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2019 G70 6MT & 2022 Ford Maverick XL
Cale & Karo were never going to get along for long.. too much alike in a lot of ways.

Cale: It's a compliment.
Karo: No offense. I love you.
Old 01-24-2011 | 06:09 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Silve...#ht_500wt_1182

Anyone?
Old 01-24-2011 | 06:17 AM
Banned

C320 2002
Originally Posted by LILBENZ230
Left headlight is broken fogged up ill take the motor
Old 01-24-2011 | 11:28 AM
Banned

"annoyance" and "self-righteousness", amoung others...
Karo -

It was a real question. Not questioning the accuracy behind Matt's statement. Am I the only one who is curious about the whys/whats and hows? Jesus people. I admire the inginuity behind our vehicles. I wondered why I didn't have the digital readout like the previous models. FML. I like to know how sh*t works FFS.

You and Eric can feel to ignore me if I bother you guys THAT MUCH.

Last edited by cpbeasley; 01-24-2011 at 11:35 AM.
Old 01-24-2011 | 11:45 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

It's my guess that they changed it because they were eliminating features to keep costs down. The 06 lost the electronic oil measuring feature, and IIRC, any real leather in the interior. My 05 has genuine leather inserts.

By 2007, the tow sensor, interior-colored headlight switch surround, double-din center console, rear side airbags, and a few other items that aren't coming to me now joined the electronic oil measurement in deletion from the W203.
Old 01-24-2011 | 11:45 AM
Banned

LoL and what stories did I make up?
Wait, I don't care anymore. I'll stay inside my little hole of a thread here since my SINCERE questions **** PEOPLE OFF. Don't like me? Don't read.
Old 01-24-2011 | 11:48 AM
Banned

It's my guess that they changed it because they were eliminating features to keep costs down. The 06 lost the electronic oil measuring feature, and IIRC, any real leather in the interior. My 05 has genuine leather inserts.

By 2007, the tow sensor, interior-colored headlight switch surround, double-din center console, rear side airbags, and a few other items that aren't coming to me now joined the electronic oil measurement in deletion from the W203.
That totally makes sense, and it's also interesting to know what was deleted over those few years. The more I know about this generation, the more interested I am. I still wish they would have kept the digital oil level sensor to tell me exactly how much it has. Sucks. I always wondered why I saw the leather door inserts on almost any other car aside from the 06 and 07 in our family.

Thanks Matt, I really do appreciate it.

EDIT: That's the kind of response I was looking to get. Never was I saying, "Hey Matt, I don't like what you just said, and I really don't believe you, so, why don't you stick it up your @$$ and then tell me why you think they did that... chances are though, I won't care what you say anyway."

Seriously people.

Last edited by cpbeasley; 01-24-2011 at 11:52 AM.
Old 01-24-2011 | 11:50 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

FWIW, your questions won't bother me and I'll answer them if I can. I still think you're for messing with such a winning formula that is the C350 Sport 6MT.. but it's your car, your money, time, etc. It'll certainly be unique, but so is a pink Pinto.
Old 01-24-2011 | 11:54 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

I always wondered why I saw the leather door inserts on almost any other car aside from the 06 and 07 in our family.
Leather on the door panels indicates the car has full leather package like this:

Leather inserts were in cars up to 2005, but no leather on the doors. All cars with MB-Tex & inserts or just MB-Tex have door panels like this:
Old 01-24-2011 | 11:58 AM
Banned

Are the inserts then like in the butt and back of seat?

pink pinto - LOL!!!
Ya I know I'm loco. I thank my dad. The logo he puts on the cars he restores is "SS" for stock sucks.
Old 01-24-2011 | 12:07 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

It looks to me that the inserts are for your *** only and only the front two seats. The rears and every other part of the fronts are 100% MB-Tex. Which is fine, to me anyway. It's low maintenance and still looks new. But you can most definitely tell the seat bottoms on my car are real leather.

What I'm saying is that different isn't always good. For the record, not that you haven't read this before during the period of time you read all 3400 of my posts, my car is stock but not treated like most people treat their cars here. I use the absolute hell out of my car. It is not a garage queen, I am not going to baby it. It's been off-road. A (very adorable) soccer player covered and soaked literally from head to toe in mud, muddy water, and grass has climbed into the front seat. It's carried trash. It's carried kids. It's had dirty rims in the back seat. It's been overloaded and driven 1000s of miles. It's been rained in. It's had diesel fuel sprayed all over it. It's had mud thrown all over it. It's been hailed on. It's ran over a very ripe, very dead possum in 95 degree heat that exploded on it. It's hit rabbits, a dog, several possums, and a curb. Everyone and everyone everyone knew has driven it.

So.. I love this car. It's led a more demanding life with me than any car before it and yet it has remained the most reliable one of all. All that said, it IS aging. The cold really brings that out sometimes.

Last edited by LILBENZ230; 01-24-2011 at 12:13 PM.
Old 01-24-2011 | 04:58 PM
Banned

It looks to me that the inserts are for your *** only and only the front two seats. The rears and every other part of the fronts are 100% MB-Tex. Which is fine, to me anyway. It's low maintenance and still looks new. But you can most definitely tell the seat bottoms on my car are real leather.

What I'm saying is that different isn't always good. For the record, not that you haven't read this before during the period of time you read all 3400 of my posts, my car is stock but not treated like most people treat their cars here. I use the absolute hell out of my car. It is not a garage queen, I am not going to baby it. It's been off-road. A (very adorable) soccer player covered and soaked literally from head to toe in mud, muddy water, and grass has climbed into the front seat. It's carried trash. It's carried kids. It's had dirty rims in the back seat. It's been overloaded and driven 1000s of miles. It's been rained in. It's had diesel fuel sprayed all over it. It's had mud thrown all over it. It's been hailed on. It's ran over a very ripe, very dead possum in 95 degree heat that exploded on it. It's hit rabbits, a dog, several possums, and a curb. Everyone and everyone everyone knew has driven it.

So.. I love this car. It's led a more demanding life with me than any car before it and yet it has remained the most reliable one of all. All that said, it IS aging. The cold really brings that out sometimes.
Guilty as charged

I already knew your position, and I do respect and understand it. I owned an '08 Chevy Equinox Sport that I should NOT have gotten rid of at all. It was absoloutely perfect during the two years it serviced my comings and goings. In 18 months it had over 30,000 miles. By the time I traded it in I believe it was pushing 45 w/o one hiccup. Not one time did a thought cross my mind, despite my auto mechanic tendencies, to touch the car. It had gobs of acceleration, comfortable as all get out, 18" polished wheels factory, fully loaded, as sporty as a mini-SUV can get, and could knock through up and over any terrain w/ just FWD. I do and will regret having gotten rid of it. To me, there was no way to improve upon it. That and honestly despite my ravings nothing about it inspired me to do so.

My little c350. Honest to god, 75% of my question re: the whole slk bit was just research and curiosity. I HATE knowing half the story. Anyway. It's loads of fun, comfy, pretty, all that jazz... but to me it has room to grow. Personally, life has slowed down now that I work in the dental clinic 75% of my week, and my mechanical interest, my hobby, is rearing its head. Im not about to hack it to pieces and live with a service engine light permanently on, but a little inginuity translates into a lot of fun in the garage for me. It's also something my Dad and I share. He wants nothing to do with a mercedes lol, but it's how we bond. He's not going to live forever so I also charish whatever excuse I can muster to get out there with him.
Old 01-24-2011 | 05:06 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Interesting that an Equinox could not be improved upon but the holy grail of the W203 has room for improvement. Not knocking your opinion, but it doesn't speak well of the W203 line at all - at least for you. We all have our different takes on these cars. There are things I think they could definitely do better and not all performance mods do I see as a waste of time.

For me it is more about convenience. I don't want to mess with anything that might even slightly jeopardize reliability. I need it to go every day. It doesn't have down time for modifications. I have my favorite rims. I have HIDs. Little things like that. I hate lowering, I think it's stupid in practice and in look. I think CF has no place on a car, that a "lip" spoiler makes the car look like it has a double chin, that the exhaust is just fine, the brakes exceed my expectations, and I'm not taking the interior apart to have better audio because nothing looks as right to me as the stock unit in the dash. I have always been this way with every car. I just hate the look of an overtly modded car.
Old 01-24-2011 | 05:59 PM
Banned

I'll say that this car inspires me to want to work on it moreso than it needing improvement. I know you love your car, but your C sounds like a means to an end for you. That was what my equinox was to me. My C is more than that to me, and again, it inspires me to make it my own.

Yes in my opinion, knowing MB got 37 extra hp without major modification to the R171 does however lead me to feel disappointed that the *sport* edition c350 was and is without the same parts. I realise someone could now list off 10 reasons as to why they didnt, so let me reiterate... its my opinion.

EDIT: Take my word on the '08 Equinox Sport.

Last edited by cpbeasley; 01-24-2011 at 06:01 PM.
Old 01-25-2011 | 08:57 PM
Banned

The tune for my c350 really woke up what should have been from the factory. The deeper grumble of the exhaust, throttle response, the torque and acceleration all are significantly improved. After really hammering on the throttle tonight, I feel as though it's a new car. You can almost feel that it's just running with greater efficiency. But anyway, It's now hard to keep the tires from wanting to break loose through most of even 2nd gear if Im careless. The torque is best described as in-yo-face. This car has a pretty flat torque curve, so combined with the high peaking horsepower - the further in the rev range I go, the more of a freight-train quality the new tune carries with it.
And to put icing on the cake, I now get 2 mpg more on the highway at 70mph @ 32.5mpg.

Looking forward to the future. Having the 3.47 gears installed Thursday.
Old 01-25-2011 | 09:44 PM

'02 C230 Coupe (Me) '03 SLK320 6MT (Wife)
I don't want to mess with anything that might even slightly jeopardize reliability. I need it to go every day. It doesn't have down time for modifications. I have my favorite rims. I have HIDs. Little things like that. I hate lowering, I think it's stupid in practice and in look. I think CF has no place on a car, that a "lip" spoiler makes the car look like it has a double chin, that the exhaust is just fine, the brakes exceed my expectations, and I'm not taking the interior apart to have better audio because nothing looks as right to me as the stock unit in the dash. I have always been this way with every car. I just hate the look of an overtly modded car.
I'll say that this car inspires me to want to work on it moreso than it needing improvement.
It is so strange that I can see both of these points of view. I love the Coupe, but really don't like the lowered look so much, have only seen one "lip" that I would like, and I think I would drag it off in short order. The interior is great and nothing aftermarket would look as well, to me. The brakes do everything that I could want. It is my daily driver, to the tune of an 80 mile commute round trip. Reliability is the most important concern, and there is very little I will touch in the drive-train.

However, on the other hand I *love* tinkering in some way, and have with everything I own. The Coupe asks me to tinker. My oddity is that I don't want anyone that doesn't know to be able to look at it and know I have tinkered. That is why I like using factory parts, sort of like I were allowed to dig in a giant MB toy box of tinker toys. It is one thing that I like about the MB line. They make their cars very modular, so a lot of these things are very easy to do, especially adding options that were not destined for a market (I think folding mirrors or IMS that have been done on a lot of W203s are a great example!)

Now, while my car was in the shop recently I spent a week with a GLK350. Great ride, wonderful to commute in, and overall a very nice vehicle. However, if I were to find one in my garage there is almost nothing I would want to do to it (only one option missing I would have wanted). My wife's SLK is the same way, I think it is *perfect* the way it is, but then there was only one option it didn't get - the Automatic.

Oh, and congrats on the tune - It is nice what can be done when they are not having to satisfy a world full of customers at once.
Old 01-25-2011 | 10:43 PM
Banned

Well said MW! And as I said, my old '08 Equinox Sport (which Im sure most "Mercedes" owners will turn their head in disgust at the thought), was that "perfect" car to me. Nothing left undone for my needs and wants. Then again, it didn't inspire me to want to touch it either.

I too appreciate the look (and quality!) behind using MB factory items. In my mind, the Brabus wheels I have waiting for the summer are close enough considering they were built for the Merc... I digress; which is why other than a item or so less than a handful will be the only things without MB's stamp. I can appreciate others modifications, but usually would never consider equiping such. My speak of wanting to modify has 90% to want to do w/ improving the "fun factor".

& I still don't really understand why they didn't carry through with the more efficient tuning. Great power AND mpgs. How can you go wrong?
Old 01-26-2011 | 04:25 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

I mean this as no offense, as you know I think the car you have is the holy grail of the W203 line - better than the AMGs with their automatics, etc. But I can't help but chuckle a little at the talk of in-your-face torque and stuff. Obviously you're a fan of this stuff so let me ask you.. Have you ever driven a BMW with the N54 or N55 turbo engine? If not, you should do so ASAP as I think you would ***** rainbow colored frisbees and your head would explode into kittens. In 28,500 miles with the 135i it has seen a high of 34.7mpg on the highway and has 300lb-ft of torque at 1,400rpm. It's absolutely brilliant.
Old 01-26-2011 | 04:40 AM
Super Moderator

THE C350
I mean this as no offense, as you know I think the car you have is the holy grail of the W203 line - better than the AMGs with their automatics, etc. But I can't help but chuckle a little at the talk of in-your-face torque and stuff. Obviously you're a fan of this stuff so let me ask you.. Have you ever driven a BMW with the N54 or N55 turbo engine? If not, you should do so ASAP as I think you would ***** rainbow colored frisbees and your head would explode into kittens. In 28,500 miles with the 135i it has seen a high of 34.7mpg on the highway and has 300lb-ft of torque at 1,400rpm. It's absolutely brilliant.
Whenever i come to visit and get my rims i need a ride
Will txt you Saturday to see whats going on and if we can meet up on my way back north.
BTW got your pic you sent me but it got to late to respond.
Old 01-26-2011 | 05:24 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

03 g35 coupe...........02 c32 Sold
I think he probably means in your face tq for a c350. The guy use to drive ls1's so i'm sure he's aware of what real tq is.

In terms of in your face tq, American v8 muscle > all, except there power delivery isn't as refined as the german motors.
Old 01-26-2011 | 05:37 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by TemjinX2
In terms of in your face tq, American v8 muscle > all, except there power delivery isn't as refined as the german motors.
Yep, neck snapping torque from American V8s. Of course, I never liked that type of delivery.
Old 01-26-2011 | 10:15 AM
Super Moderator
MBWorld Ambassador

late 2009 CLK 350 Coupe Elegance, '65 Jaguar S Type wires
I like sleepers that go like hell but look untouched. I also only like fitting things from the Benz parts bin (toybox) that could have been ex works.

But as I've grown older I'm like Matt - I want perfect running & absolute reliability. I would rather chat on the forum than have my head under the hood.
Old 01-26-2011 | 11:01 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by TemjinX2
I think he probably means in your face tq for a c350. The guy use to drive ls1's so i'm sure he's aware of what real tq is.

+10
Couldn't have said it better myself, Mike. What I was prepared to say, verbatim.

Thanks bud

EDITED CONTENT FOR QUALITY ASSURANCE:
Only parts I can go without MBs stamp of approval are things that have proven to me to be better. IE Mike's s2k projector headlamps that arrive on Friday! Excited!

Last edited by cpbeasley; 01-26-2011 at 08:48 PM.
Old 01-26-2011 | 03:45 PM
Out Of Control!!

a quarter mile at a time
+10
Couldn't have said it better myself, Mike. What I was prepared to say, verbatim.

Thanks bud

Only parts I can go without MBs stamp of approval is things that are proven to be better. IE Mike's s2k projector headlamps that arrive on Friday! Excited!
uh, just exactly how are they "proven" better?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Beasley's 2006 C350 6MT Thread, come one, come all!