C-Class (W203) 2001-2007, C160, C180, C200, C220, C230, C240, C270, C280, C300, C320, C230K, C350, Coupe

6 hours left with my 27 year old gall bladder

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-11-2010, 03:23 AM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
"annoyance" and "self-righteousness", amoung others...
6 hours left with my 27 year old gall bladder

At 8am, sweet unconsciousness will come my way via a swift blow of versed and fentanyl, as well as a general anesthetic to lay me to sleep... all the while a tube will be placed down my throat and a scope is shoved into my belly... i feel my gall bladder quivering already...
2+ weeks of uncontrollable abdominal pain and nausea will leave a guy welcoming a knife to his gut.

anyone have a gall bladder extraction story to share? I cant press this pain button enough to knock my anxious butt out.
Old 12-11-2010, 05:25 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2007 ML500
You'll do just fine
Old 12-11-2010, 05:28 AM
Banned

ugh I hope so!!

if you put your ear too the ground, you can probably hear my heart beating.

holy crap 3 hours left with my last readily disposable GI organ!! ahhh!
Old 12-11-2010, 06:54 AM
Super Moderator

Received 175 Likes on 142 Posts
late 2009 CLK 350 Coupe Elegance, '65 Jaguar S Type wires
Don't worry - These days it's minor as ops go. Take some Vicodin! Just don't get on a hydrocodone buzz with the stuff. It can be difficult to come off of.
Old 12-11-2010, 07:20 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by Glyn M Ruck
Don't worry - These days it's minor as ops go. Take some Vicodin! Just don't get on a hydrocodone buzz with the stuff. It can be difficult to come off of.
Ya, it's a Laproscopic (spelling?) procedure, so that's what they tell me... just a few inch long incisions closed by not much more than band-aids.

Im just letting my mind run wild with the idea of getting cut open, poked, and prod'ed... which probably wont be a concern in an hour and a half with the right drugs but woooo-eee im sweating bullets!!

Im waiting for my wife to get here to come calm me down! so in the meantime, you guys are my life line

& Ive had a number of back issues which theyve thrown some pretty strong drugs at in the past... ugh, got off of them before i was in too deep, but it was hard enough just a few months in. taking them this time is unavoidable but if anyone can avoid them for any reason, do at all costs! even medically approved use, and the personal decision to stop, against the doctors wishes, was hard enough as it was... these drugs sneaks up on you

Last edited by cpbeasley; 12-11-2010 at 07:22 AM.
Old 12-11-2010, 07:28 AM
Super Moderator

Yes - I had a very bad hernia op in Dallas a few years back - carbon fibre mesh & all screwed to my pelvis - and was on Vicodin for weeks after that. Felt wonderful at recommended dosage but had trouble ditching them. One morning I woke up & just dumped them in the bin & went through unpleasant withdrawal for about a week.
Old 12-11-2010, 07:41 AM
Banned

Yes - I had a very bad hernia op in Dallas a few years back - carbon fibre mesh & all screwed to my pelvis - and was on Vicodin for weeks after that. Felt wonderful at recommended dosage but had trouble ditching them. One morning I woke up & just dumped them in the bin & went through unpleasant withdrawal for about a week.
Ouch... talk about permissable reasons! But as you know, your pain seems to become worse than what it really is, and backing off the narcs (following w/d's) allows you to realise you have a pain threshold that you can take advantage of instead of relying on the drug..

they serve their purpose well... as in I would've rather have blown my brains out than suffer with my gall bladder and pancreatitis pain over these past few days...but youre right... even normal doses make you feel amazing, a dngerous situation when youre at home and phsyical recovery is mostly over
Old 12-11-2010, 08:28 AM
Banned

My time has come. The gall bladder snatchers want my body onto their transport device.
the way i look at it, the real world application to this surgery is weight reduction in the c350! who needs a gall bladder? unsprung weight fo sho.

gulp. wish me luck. see you guys on the flip side.
Old 12-11-2010, 01:58 PM
Super Moderator

Received 21 Likes on 20 Posts
THE C350
I know exactly how you feel i had the same fears before my heart surgery and even my wisdom teeth. The worst part is the medical bills they start sending. $5 here $20 there lol
As it is know 2pm I hope you are recovering well.
Old 12-11-2010, 03:44 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
2006 C350 Sport 6MT
Originally Posted by samaritrey
I know exactly how you feel i had the same fears before my heart surgery and even my wisdom teeth. The worst part is the medical bills they start sending. $5 here $20 there lol
As it is know 2pm I hope you are recovering well.
Heart surgery?? What happened bro? Hope everything is alright.

------------
Beasley, don't worry about the gall bladder surgery. These days it pretty simple, I wish you a quick and easy recovery...you'll be back to shifting that beast in no time
Old 12-11-2010, 03:53 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Nike Turbo Shox
Bro I hope all went well and well you have a 6MT C350 to look forward to driving.
Old 12-11-2010, 04:10 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
2004 C320 Sport
Just remember what I told you, it's like you're modding your body
Old 12-11-2010, 04:46 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2007 c230
Good luck and get well!!
Old 12-11-2010, 05:09 PM
Banned

Trey, Karo, Trini, ND2020, and xzstarszx...
Thanks for the wishes! Im alive! totally feel like I got donkey kicked into the abdomen, and dont want to even get into the ooze coming from my incisions, yum. but thanks in part to my friends Versed, Fentanyl, Dilaudid, Demerol, and now Percocet... I made it!

back to dreaming of beind behind the seat of my C...the air blowing my hospital gown in the wind
Old 12-11-2010, 05:39 PM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
'02 C230 Coupe (Me) '03 SLK320 6MT (Wife)
Glad it went well, now rest up so you can go driving!
Old 12-11-2010, 05:51 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 795 Likes on 598 Posts
2019 G70 6MT & 2022 Ford Maverick XL
Yep, glad it went well. It would've been crass to ask you to will the C350 to me before surgery this morning.. so I refrained.

Percocet will keep you comfy if it doesn't make you hallucinate like it did me.. yikes.
Old 12-11-2010, 08:57 PM
Super Moderator

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
GMC - Miata - Trek - P-Car
Wishing you a speedy recovery…

Tried uploading a M272 tech PDF file to help ease your pain. Seems it’s too big to share here.
Send an e-mail if you’re interested.
Old 12-11-2010, 09:02 PM
Super Moderator

Received 21 Likes on 20 Posts
THE C350
Originally Posted by Karo
Heart surgery?? What happened bro? Hope everything is alright.
yeah i am fine it was years ago now.
Old 12-11-2010, 10:08 PM

R129
gall bladder

Hi; Mine was; Overnight-Stay, Three X 1cm Scars ! Drove home !!
Old 12-11-2010, 11:50 PM
Banned

C320 2002
Glad everything was alright I had my right lung collapse and had a tube in my chest for a few months talk about pain
Old 12-12-2010, 05:00 AM

2013 c63 amg
will pray, and when u wake, merry christmas.
Old 12-12-2010, 06:40 AM
Super Moderator

Good - you are on the mend! Get that damn anaesthetic out of your system. Listen to splinter & catch up on the M272 or do something no one ever seems to do on this forum. Read your owner's manual from cover to cover. Walk as soon as your doctor allows & then walk some more. I find exercise after surgery makes a big difference. I've only had surgery twice in my life but on both occasions getting mobile helped a lot.

Go well - You will be fine for Christmas.
Old 12-12-2010, 03:18 PM
Banned

Thank you all for the well wishes and prayers. Im home (for good this time hopefully). After Indiana Jones is over, gonna try to reassimilate into the real world a little bit by doing some chores... just as soon as the percocet kicks in!

Originally Posted by maska
Hi; Mine was; Overnight-Stay, Three X 1cm Scars ! Drove home !!
I think I may have 4? I was in for 2 days before they operated, but was let go the same day... it stunk to give up the relief their IV drugs brought, but so happy to be home. I move at a snail's pace, and still feel like my stomach was in the boxing ring for 12 rounds against Floyd Mayweather. Any insight into when the stomach pain will go away?

Originally Posted by Xhale707
Glad everything was alright I had my right lung collapse and had a tube in my chest for a few months talk about pain
Me too! I absoloutely hate going under general anesthesia... this time I was so uptight I fought the meds until I could feel a wave of paralysis take over... my eyes rolled back, I remember trying to swallow but couldn't...and then remember (while eyes closed) them taking my gown off before waking up again...

Why did your lung collapse!?

Originally Posted by moonrkr23
will pray, and when u wake, merry christmas.
Thank you so much moonrkr

Originally Posted by LILBENZ230
Yep, glad it went well. It would've been crass to ask you to will the C350 to me before surgery this morning.. so I refrained.

Percocet will keep you comfy if it doesn't make you hallucinate like it did me.. yikes.
LOL Matt! I actually had willed the 350 to ND2020 (a local, long time buddy) over the phone, but had you called me moments before, when I was LOADED on anxiety drugs, high fiving and joking with the people who were about to cut me open, I would've signed anything! Instead you are welcome to come steal it from me, I wont put up a fight anytime soon.

Percocet is making things quite nice and tingly, it knocked me out this morning.

Good - you are on the mend! Get that damn anaesthetic out of your system. Listen to splinter & catch up on the M272 or do something no one ever seems to do on this forum. Read your owner's manual from cover to cover. Walk as soon as your doctor allows & then walk some more. I find exercise after surgery makes a big difference. I've only had surgery twice in my life but on both occasions getting mobile helped a lot.

Go well - You will be fine for Christmas.
Slowly but surely on the mend. It's good to be home. Gonna start with cleaning up the house since my wife has been working double shifts the entire time Ive been away and has been too emotional to do any cleaning. Otherwise I appreciate and will take your advice... its too easy to want to lay around feeling sorry for myself. Considering the snow on the ground and the subzero wind chill, 1 time around the parking lot should be enough to do me in. Considering the 350 is still sitting at the hospital, I cant fake it and use it to take me around the block either Speaking of, gotta go get her today, abdomen willing.

Ive already dug into Splinter's manual and will surely crack the owner's manual too. Maybe I'll gain a good 1/16th of your knowledge on just my year and model alone if I pull that off
Old 12-12-2010, 03:34 PM
Banned

C320 2002
I was playing basketball i went up to do a dunk my lung pinched a rib.. I couldn't breath really for like 4 hours until i went to the hospital. I had like 10 friends over at my pad that night. I jumped in my window cuss it was like 10pm late after doing that i just fell on the floor friends rushed me to the hospital. Took about 10 xrays they found my lung was collapsed. i then had to wait for a doctor that has done this procedure before which took another like 3 hours. It was like 2 am when they put this tube in my chest and OMG!!! the anesthesia they gave me messed up my whole body.

Right when they gave me the anesthesia they didn't wait until i was passed out to start cutting my chest open.. I felt the first cut and second and then was out.. I woke up started crying because the doctor placed the tube in the wrong part of my chest and was causing so much pain they put be back under. I then woke up again in my whole own room with tv shower bathroom etc. it was bigger then my bedroom no joke..

I stayed in the hospital for like 3 days i believe. this all happened when i was 18.

Sad thing is after the anesthesia i couldn't pee or use the restroom.. So while i had a tube in my chest i had another one in my **** so i could pee

Ill never forget.. Now i believe i may have testicular cancer =(

The real sad thing is.. My parents kicked me off there insurance when i was 18.. so theres about 18k of medical bills on my credit =/

Thats the reason im in the car i am in.. I was making enough money to be in a S class 3 years ago at 19..

Nobody would give me a loan because of my medical bills.. But then i found a dealership by my pad. His name is RICK and he owns a BAD *** silver CLS AMG he is also a member on here.

Godbless that he gave me the loan i went to about 15 other dealers all being turned down.. I had 7k in my hand to let some money talk.

After getting my car everyone at work changed.. Saying i was too good for them.. My boss asked me how i was able to afford a car like that then told me he was paying me too much. I said nope not paying me enough haha.. anyways i got laid off a month later

Last edited by Xhale707; 12-12-2010 at 03:50 PM.
Old 12-12-2010, 03:39 PM
Banned

Xhale!! That's horrible! I HATE anesthesia... I had the toughest time peeing too... I had a catheter in for a little while... Id rather get my gall bladder taken out again then having a catheter. And ya, I usually get emotional and cry like a baby at some point too... those drugs completely upset the balance of your brain chemistry.

testicular cancer!? You're kidding right!!!?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: 6 hours left with my 27 year old gall bladder