C-Class (W203) 2001-2007, C160, C180, C200, C220, C230, C240, C270, C280, C300, C320, C230K, C350, Coupe

What functionality will I lose?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-16-2010, 06:27 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Aston Martin V8 Vantage
Originally Posted by mistachy
I'm going to try and work out the raddle issue best I can but I only wanted deck speakers. I haved 2 mtx 12s ported in my bmw but I just don't bang like that anymore. I listen to mostly talk rradio now. And ill be watching movies in the car mostly.
it's all plastic, it's gonna be very hard to get rid of that rattle. but it also depends on how many watts RMS are coming out of those woofers. fiberglassing a box on the left side with 1 12" sub with around 400 watts RMS would have been the best way to go. saturday we're working on a group of mercedes, you're more than welcome to come check out the work we do as well as other members on here in the area.
Old 12-16-2010, 06:50 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C230 Sport Sedan 7-speed
Originally Posted by michael kuzni
it's all plastic, it's gonna be very hard to get rid of that rattle. but it also depends on how many watts RMS are coming out of those woofers. fiberglassing a box on the left side with 1 12" sub with around 400 watts RMS would have been the best way to go. saturday we're working on a group of mercedes, you're more than welcome to come check out the work we do as well as other members on here in the area.
ill drop by. heres some photos of them working on the deck and cutting it out
Attached Thumbnails What functionality will I lose?-img_20101216_154259.jpg   What functionality will I lose?-img_20101216_154305.jpg   What functionality will I lose?-img_20101216_154322.jpg  

Last edited by mistachy; 12-16-2010 at 06:52 PM.
Old 12-16-2010, 09:48 PM

2007 c230
Well here are some pics.. So if they're saying you can't change your clock, they're nuts.
Attached Thumbnails What functionality will I lose?-img_0015-1-.jpg   What functionality will I lose?-img_0016-1-.jpg   What functionality will I lose?-img_0017-1-.jpg   What functionality will I lose?-img_0018-1-.jpg   What functionality will I lose?-img_0019-1-.jpg  

Old 12-16-2010, 10:37 PM

C230 Sport Sedan 7-speed
Originally Posted by xzstarszx
Well here are some pics.. So if they're saying you can't change your clock, they're nuts.
you would be correct sir. my dual den kenwood ddx616 works great. the only functionality i lose is the dashboard display feed back of what radio station the radio is on, but the station seek buttons on the steering wheel work fine.

The 10's definately dont bang or sound like my previous ported mtx 12's, but they get the job done of delivering the low tones i wanted. There is no raddle by the way. AMS did a good job of mounting these 2 10's to my rear deck. Here are pics.

I still have to go back up there tomarrow for them to tune the system and finish installing the front door speakers. Ill post more pix later.
Attached Thumbnails What functionality will I lose?-img_20101216_164448.jpg   What functionality will I lose?-img_20101216_170023.jpg   What functionality will I lose?-img_20101216_173709.jpg  
Old 12-16-2010, 11:13 PM

2007 c230
you would be correct sir. my dual den kenwood ddx616 works great. the only functionality i lose is the dashboard display feed back of what radio station the radio is on, but the station seek buttons on the steering wheel work fine.

The 10's definately dont bang or sound like my previous ported mtx 12's, but they get the job done of delivering the low tones i wanted. There is no raddle by the way. AMS did a good job of mounting these 2 10's to my rear deck. Here are pics.

I still have to go back up there tomarrow for them to tune the system and finish installing the front door speakers. Ill post more pix later.
haha same thing with me! there's just ----- on the cluster on what's playing. not sure what's wrong.
Old 12-17-2010, 12:14 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Aston Martin V8 Vantage

clean on the install. i'd still love to hear it. would you be comfortable PMing me the price? i see a jl xd and i believe an hd amp behind it. HD's were set to recall for a while. i still can't believe they went free air with these woofers! i can't say anything though, hearing is believing.
Old 12-17-2010, 01:09 AM

C230 Sport Sedan 7-speed
Originally Posted by michael kuzni
clean on the install. i'd still love to hear it. would you be comfortable PMing me the price? i see a jl xd and i believe an hd amp behind it. HD's were set to recall for a while. i still can't believe they went free air with these woofers! i can't say anything though, hearing is believing.
whats the address to meet you at? i can email you the quote. they basically installed a 5.1 system with 2 subs in the deck acting as the .1. the dashboard speaker is a 3 inch little thing. I think they put a pioneer there as the center channel. im also having my sirius installed. its the Mirge radio...

Last edited by mistachy; 12-17-2010 at 01:15 AM.
Old 12-17-2010, 01:25 AM
Banned

"annoyance" and "self-righteousness", amoung others...
So how do you like it?!? You still have all functional steering wheel controls? How well does the GPS work?? And wheres the antennae?

I love it. If I cant find a COMAND unit, this is def on my wish list!
Old 12-17-2010, 01:36 AM

2007 c230
Originally Posted by cpbeasley
So how do you like it?!? You still have all functional steering wheel controls? How well does the GPS work?? And wheres the antennae?

I love it. If I cant find a COMAND unit, this is def on my wish list!
So far I really like it. The screen sensitivity is great! I had an installer install it since I didn't really want to mess with anything. The USB cable were in the back, but it was short so the installer never extended out to my glove box. Same thing with my AUX input. He did, however, extend the iPod/iPhone cable to the glove box. Second thing I don't like is the pick up/end call button on the steering wheel doesn't work. I'm not sure if it only work when you get a call in or just doesn't work all together because when I press on it, I get function unavailable. Haven't try to use it to pick up a call yet since I haven't had the chance to test it. Third and final thing I don't like about it is the audio information on the instrument cluster, it just shows -----. I emailed the guy who sold it to me who said he forwarded it to the manufacture to get some answers. If it turn out that it's the installer's problem, I'll definitely take it back for him to fix it. The installer did a great job at hiding the antenna, he told me he stuck it under the dash so it's nowhere to be seen. I drove around my neighborhood and the signal is pretty good. Regarding the GPS software, it came with an old version of iGo. I'm still messing around to get a better software, currently finding iGo 8.3 which has TTS and latest map.

Oh and about the regarding the USB, there's a mini-usb input in the front and a SD card slot for media. The parking break can be grounded so video in motion is possible. I have an iPhone 4 on 4.1 and AD2P (bluetooth music streaming) works wonder! Haha sorry for the lengthy post, and to mistachy for jacking his thread

Let me know if you need anymore info on it.
Old 12-17-2010, 01:38 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Aston Martin V8 Vantage
whats the address to meet you at? i can email you the quote. they basically installed a 5.1 system with 2 subs in the deck acting as the .1. the dashboard speaker is a 3 inch little thing. I think they put a pioneer there as the center channel. im also having my sirius installed. its the Mirge radio...
yea go ahead and private message me actually. i'm not gonna be in at work in our san leandro location this weekend actually, i'll be at the modesto location for the high end car meet. but please do this, ANYTHING you don't like or question, please contact me
Old 12-17-2010, 01:53 AM
Banned

"annoyance" and "self-righteousness", amoung others...
Very informative, thank you so much.

Once you get answers to the questions you had about the info screen and the phone buttons, could you start a thread about with all this info plus the answers you get? I really think this is info the forum could use for reference since IMO this is an awesome alternative to COMAND for those of us who want OEM!!
And if you dont start a thread if you could at least PM me and keep me updated!

So you said the GPS signal is 'pretty' good? Does it cut off? If so, does the map keep going or does it cut out while it searches for new signal?

Im super jealous.

Did you pay the retail price for this listed on that website??

love it

So far I really like it. The screen sensitivity is great! I had an installer install it since I didn't really want to mess with anything. The USB cable were in the back, but it was short so the installer never extended out to my glove box. Same thing with my AUX input. He did, however, extend the iPod/iPhone cable to the glove box. Second thing I don't like is the pick up/end call button on the steering wheel doesn't work. I'm not sure if it only work when you get a call in or just doesn't work all together because when I press on it, I get function unavailable. Haven't try to use it to pick up a call yet since I haven't had the chance to test it. Third and final thing I don't like about it is the audio information on the instrument cluster, it just shows -----. I emailed the guy who sold it to me who said he forwarded it to the manufacture to get some answers. If it turn out that it's the installer's problem, I'll definitely take it back for him to fix it. The installer did a great job at hiding the antenna, he told me he stuck it under the dash so it's nowhere to be seen. I drove around my neighborhood and the signal is pretty good. Regarding the GPS software, it came with an old version of iGo. I'm still messing around to get a better software, currently finding iGo 8.3 which has TTS and latest map.

Oh and about the regarding the USB, there's a mini-usb input in the front and a SD card slot for media. The parking break can be grounded so video in motion is possible. I have an iPhone 4 on 4.1 and AD2P (bluetooth music streaming) works wonder! Haha sorry for the lengthy post, and to mistachy for jacking his thread

Old 12-17-2010, 02:04 AM

2007 c230
Originally Posted by cpbeasley
Very informative, thank you so much.

Once you get answers to the questions you had about the info screen and the phone buttons, could you start a thread about with all this info plus the answers you get? I really think this is info the forum could use for reference since IMO this is an awesome alternative to COMAND for those of us who want OEM!!
And if you dont start a thread if you could at least PM me and keep me updated!

So you said the GPS signal is 'pretty' good? Does it cut off? If so, does the map keep going or does it cut out while it searches for new signal?

Im super jealous.

Did you pay the retail price for this listed on that website??

love it
Haha definitely will keep it updated. I'll start a new thread and take some more pictures or something. I said the signal is pretty good since I didn't do very much testing. It's also my first time using iGo so I wasn't really familiar with it because I've always used TomTom. But for the time that I used it, say an hour total of driving around, I never lost signal. My park is parked in a parking garage where there's no cell service. When I start the unit, the GPS seems to be picking up fine, but I'm not so sure since the navigation screen never goes gray, or maybe that's just iGo? I payed the "group buy" pricing of $650 even though everyone backed out haha. I just really wished I bought a USB extension for the USB and AUX in the glove box though, but I don't want to bother the installer... just wished he called me to ask me about it before putting everything back together. It's not like I really need it since there's a SD card for all my music. The USB only reads up to 32 or 64 Gb I think, so the USB port in the glove box wouldn't be too much use for an external hard drive. I'm just really amazed at the quality of AD2P since the COMMAND couldn't even do that with an iPhone! I think the only downside of this unit is that it's chinese-made lol, but the pros weighs much more than the cons.
Old 12-17-2010, 08:34 AM

C230 Sport Sedan 7-speed

i sent you a PM