C-Class (W203) 2001-2007, C160, C180, C200, C220, C230, C240, C270, C280, C300, C320, C230K, C350, Coupe

New here!

Old 12-14-2010, 01:15 PM

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
2010 S550, & 2015 GL550
New here!

Hi everybody! I'm a noobie so hopefully you guys can bring me up to speed.

I have a 2004 C240 with about 44k miles on it. I know it desperately needs an oil change as one has not been performed in a long time. I also fear that I may have bad gas in the tank. The car is rarely driven (hence the low miles) and the last time I drove it around the block I started seeing smoke come out of the engine bay. Any thoughts or ideas as to what the issue may be? Prior to me driving it around a few weeks ago, it was literally months since I last touched her.
Old 12-14-2010, 03:08 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
C320 2002
Originally Posted by ocdjg
Hi everybody! I'm a noobie so hopefully you guys can bring me up to speed.

I have a 2004 C240 with about 44k miles on it. I know it desperately needs an oil change as one has not been performed in a long time. I also fear that I may have bad gas in the tank. The car is rarely driven (hence the low miles) and the last time I drove it around the block I started seeing smoke come out of the engine bay. Any thoughts or ideas as to what the issue may be? Prior to me driving it around a few weeks ago, it was literally months since I last touched her.
Welcome!!!!

If you need any help working on your car i would be more then happy to help you. As i see your in SO cal im in north county of San Diego. If you ever need an oil change i will do everything for free just for the price of your oil and oil filter.

I use a fluid extractor so i don't even have to get under your. Ive tested both methods. Fluid extractor sucks almost everything out expect about 100ML's

Smoke could be a number of things as oil being spilled on top of the head and it burning off. Power-steering i heard can smoke..

more ppl will chime in just throwin my offer out there

I have two C320 in our family so i take care of both of them =D
Old 12-14-2010, 03:17 PM

Received 35 Likes on 28 Posts
MB
Originally Posted by Xhale707
Welcome!!!!

If you need any help working on your car i would be more then happy to help you. As i see your in SO cal im in north county of San Diego. If you ever need an oil change i will do everything for free just for the price of your oil and oil filter.

I use a fluid extractor so i don't even have to get under your. Ive tested both methods. Fluid extractor sucks almost everything out expect about 100ML's

Smoke could be a number of things as oil being spilled on top of the head and it burning off. Power-steering i heard can smoke..

wow we need more members like you !!
Old 12-16-2010, 01:10 AM

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
2010 S550, & 2015 GL550
Originally Posted by Xhale707
Welcome!!!!

Thanks. Im looking forward to learning more about this car here. Anyhow thanks for that offer I may take u up on it sometime. I'm in Orange county so ur not that far from me. I am the type that likes to get my hands dirty though so I might just change the oil myself. BTW, i drove it again yesterday and she drove fine, no smoke. Weird.

Oh and where and what kind of fluid extractor do u use? I saw some on amazon for $20.
Old 12-16-2010, 01:56 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Aston Martin V8 Vantage
Originally Posted by wally AMG
wow we need more members like you !!
+1!
Old 12-16-2010, 02:21 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts
06 C230 SS 6spd
I would recommend getting some Techron fuel system cleaner and putting that in along with a new tank of gas.

Smoke can be a few different things depending on the color, now was it coming from the exhaust or was it directly from the engine bay?

here's a link of smoke color and maybe the cause of the problem
http://www.trustmymechanic.com/troubleshoot_smoke.htm

Post pics of the car
Old 12-16-2010, 04:59 PM
Banned

C320 2002
Originally Posted by phister
I would recommend getting some Techron fuel system cleaner and putting that in along with a new tank of gas.

Smoke can be a few different things depending on the color, now was it coming from the exhaust or was it directly from the engine bay?

here's a link of smoke color and maybe the cause of the problem
http://www.trustmymechanic.com/troubleshoot_smoke.htm

Post pics of the car
+1 Get some Techron fuel system cleaner that will improve your car so much!! A lot of friends think i waste money on it.. But when im riding in there lawn mower cars it just makes me love my ride even more..

http://www.amazon.com/Mityvac-7201-F...2536605&sr=8-2

Thats the pump i use works wonders!! ive used it for everything you can think of.. OIL , ATF , Power Steering , Rear DIFF

The pump can suck and spit ahahahah
Old 12-16-2010, 05:27 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts
06 C230 SS 6spd
Thats the exact pump I have too... Thing is AWESOME!!! I would highly recommend buying that one, as xhale says it i'll suck up the oil but it'll actually pump fluids, great for doing ATF, rear diff. changes.
Old 12-16-2010, 05:54 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2005 C230 Kompressor
Welcome!