C-Class (W203) 2001-2007, C160, C180, C200, C220, C230, C240, C270, C280, C300, C320, C230K, C350, Coupe

aftermarket leather

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-12-2001, 01:49 PM
benzomonterey

Question aftermarket leather

Hi, I am getting ready to have leather installed in my c230k. I was wondering if anyone else has done aftermarket leather yet?

Thanks

Benzo
Old 11-12-2001, 02:02 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
black on black 2k2-230k auto/c1/c5/c7/k2c/COMAND/TELEAID/Stage II HIDS
i actually toured the classic soft trim installation center here outside of philadelphia, and was seriously considering going aftermarket for my leather.

however some issues arose.

1. they admitted to not having worked on a lot of coupes
2. they highly recommended leaving the door panels with the airbag alone (yuck mismatch cloth and leather )
3. it was no cheaper then a mb leather, but had a shorter warranty
4. it appeared that the leather was not as tight, or well fitted to the seats as i had hoped.

the only advantages i could really see.

1. faster then waiting for coupe
2. custom two tone interior

if you do deciede to go with it, be sure to WATCH them take apart your car, specially if you have power/heated seats. and ask if they have pics of other coupes they have done.

greg

edited for glaring spelling mistake
Old 11-12-2001, 02:43 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
GLB 250 4matic
heh, another coupe owner in philadelphia area!

i'm glad you checked out the leather at that place. i thought that they would, indeed, warranty the airbags (side panels). i meant to go but they don't have weekend hours and its not too convenient for me to go during a weekday.

see you around.
young
Old 11-12-2001, 08:41 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
black on black 2k2-230k auto/c1/c5/c7/k2c/COMAND/TELEAID/Stage II HIDS
young-

do you know any good tuning shops in the greater philly area???? all the shops i know of, only do rice work, and have never touched a mercedes.

AWE-tuning, is relatively close, but it specializes in audi/vw/porsche.... i need to find someone to install my (eventual) dyno sport chip and pully upgrade.

greg
Old 11-12-2001, 10:12 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
2004 Civic Si. FWD for the Win!
I don't think that there's much in the Philly area. Maybe if you talk to some of the MB mechanics in local dealerships, they may be able to point someone out to you.

If you do find anyone, post their info on the board. I'm probably moving back to the area next year, and will hopefully be ready to do some elementary stuff then.

I went to the local CST also. Their stuff seemed fine, but every single seat was being done in gray. I mean, come on! Has everyone lost their ability to think of anything different? Now, if only they had pumpkin-colored leather for my car, that would be sumthin'!:p
Old 11-12-2001, 10:55 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
GLB 250 4matic
Originally posted by greg230
young-

do you know any good tuning shops in the greater philly area???? all the shops i know of, only do rice work, and have never touched a mercedes.

AWE-tuning, is relatively close, but it specializes in audi/vw/porsche.... i need to find someone to install my (eventual) dyno sport chip and pully upgrade.

greg
sorry, greg230. i have no idea where you can get that kind of work done on your car around here. when it comes to tuning, i am a complete novice (i've changed oil, filters and lamps mostly )

the only thing i can think of is to find a really good mb mechanic who is willing to work on the car... of course, i don't know any of those either.

if you find any info, please post.

young