C-Class (W203) 2001-2007, C160, C180, C200, C220, C230, C240, C270, C280, C300, C320, C230K, C350, Coupe

w203 Audio Replacement

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-01-2011 | 03:52 PM

w203
w203 Audio Replacement

Hi I'm new to the forum and have a 02 c240. I'm planning to upgrade the audio system and have been searching the forum extensively. I'm looking at putting a standard Alpine Din radio and Boston Accoustics Component Set powered by an amp (Will put a small sub). I have a coupple of questions and if they can be answered I would greatly appreciate it. I'll be ordering everything from Crutchfield. Just to make sure weather or not I have the Bose system or not i opened a panel in the trunk and it read Motorola and I dont hae the Bose logo on any of speakers so im almost positive I have a stock system correct? I'll be using the wiring harness supplied by Crutchfield but from my understanding I'll not get power to the head unit unless I tap into the cigarette lighter? I've never installed components. Is there a speaker size that will fit perfect?(6.5 is stock size) Will I be able to use the stock brackets to mount the speakers, or is there something I can use or buy besides fabricating one out of MDF. When mounting the crossover does it have to be screwed down is there space in the panel or can I just use double sided velcro? Thanks you so much for the help- jster611
Old 02-02-2011 | 02:59 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Aston Martin V8 Vantage
Originally Posted by jster611
Hi I'm new to the forum and have a 02 c240. I'm planning to upgrade the audio system and have been searching the forum extensively. I'm looking at putting a standard Alpine Din radio and Boston Accoustics Component Set powered by an amp (Will put a small sub). I have a coupple of questions and if they can be answered I would greatly appreciate it. I'll be ordering everything from Crutchfield. Just to make sure weather or not I have the Bose system or not i opened a panel in the trunk and it read Motorola and I dont hae the Bose logo on any of speakers so im almost positive I have a stock system correct? I'll be using the wiring harness supplied by Crutchfield but from my understanding I'll not get power to the head unit unless I tap into the cigarette lighter? I've never installed components. Is there a speaker size that will fit perfect?(6.5 is stock size) Will I be able to use the stock brackets to mount the speakers, or is there something I can use or buy besides fabricating one out of MDF. When mounting the crossover does it have to be screwed down is there space in the panel or can I just use double sided velcro? Thanks you so much for the help- jster611
this has been discussed before on here, but PM me i have every single answer for you.