C-Class (W203) 2001-2007, C160, C180, C200, C220, C230, C240, C270, C280, C300, C320, C230K, C350, Coupe

Kleemann K20 Boost kit

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average.

Old 05-16-2003, 11:41 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
It's hard to say what's an isolated event since I don't think anyone on the forum in the US has this pulley anymore, most have removed it after their s/c failed. One dealer refuses to sell it anymore. My speculation is that it's not easy to align this ring by hand and not get runout/wobble. Also the screws rubbing against the pulley grooves over time given the vibration a crank pulley endures has to wear where the screws press against the grooves loosening this over time. Just a theory though, don't let that keep you from getting and enjoying it. While the vendor claims an alloy pulley is good for 9-10 more ponies I beg to differ. I've dynoed both alloy and steel pulleys of the same diameter and found unmeasurable differences on the dyno, even as a possible fluke, the heavier pulley dynoed slightly higher. I know in theory it sounds good but imagine what the dyno is reading at the rear wheels, the weight of the entire drivetrain is included, wheels, flywheel, read end ring and pinion gears, transmission gears, driveshaft, tires, axles, etc., what's a few pounds on a pulley when you take all that into consideration.
Old 05-22-2003, 04:35 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C200K
As USA is out of stock on the pulley, I have to get it from the Denmark head office, but the price is 50% more plus I dont know whether I am getting the all-alloy ones or the ring type, cos I believe the performance and price is a lot different between these 2 types. I still await positive confirmation from Kleemann DK as to which type of pulley they quoted me the price on.

Anyway its a bit sad when I wanted so badly the pulley but it seems so diificult for me to get hold of any
Old 05-22-2003, 10:49 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Just buy the Kleemann ring pulley from MagmaSLK, it's never been used and you can get it now! The truly ironic part about you getting an alloy pulley from DK is that it's made in U.S.A.
Old 05-23-2003, 06:38 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

r171
Re: Kleemann K20 Boost kit

Originally posted by pcbchow
I am extremely interested to put this kit in my car........but not sure

any comment??

Kleemann says it will increase power to 200bhp? so i guess it will be pretty fast.

anyone here fitted Kleemann pulley set in their car?? any suggestions? comments?
should have just got a c320.... its stock with 215hp... then you can put a kleemann kompressor and it will rival the C32. thats power!

Last edited by CarlssonCRS; 05-23-2003 at 07:02 AM.
Old 05-23-2003, 10:23 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Hmm, tough choice, $600 or $20,000 more for a Kleemanized C320..... Yeh, that's what I would have done
Old 05-23-2003, 10:29 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

r171
yea but the $600 pulley only gets you up to 200hp... the kleemannized c320 will get you up to 330hp!
Old 05-23-2003, 11:37 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Sure what for a lot less money I can get a C32, throw an ASP pulley it on it and it will blow the doors off the Kleemanized C320.
Old 05-23-2003, 11:43 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

r171
c320 cost about 40k and the kleemann compressor is 8k. no way you would find any new c32 for only 48k. the cheapest is gonna be 55k for it. leaves you 7Gs for your rims kit and exhaust!
Old 05-23-2003, 01:44 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Don't know about where you live but an equivalent C320 to a C32 is about a 10K difference. I've seen them sticker from 52K to 54K loaded, nav system and all and the equivalent C320s go for 42-44K. At my dealer they discount both so my guess is that you'll likely see 2-3K off each, maybe more. The Kleemann kit is $8,499 + install comes out to 10K+ so that makes the two cars roughly equal in price. Then consider that the C32 comes with AMG wheels, suspension, napa leather interior, brembo brakes then what would Kleemann charge for their better brakes, kleemann interior, kleemann wheels. My guess is that if you try and duplicate a C32 with Kleemann you'll end up paying $60K+ and still not have a car that's completely warrantied for 4 years by MB, has the resale of AMG cars, is as powerful and know it will hold up for many years. I'm not saying Kleemann is bad, it's just not my first choice if I were buying a new car. Now if I magically had a C320 thrown in my lap, it would be different.
Old 05-23-2003, 01:49 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

r171
well sure if i had the choice from the beginning i would go with the C32 AMG. but since i have a C320 theres nothing i can do about it. my c-class cost me 39k. i have been looking for a C32 AMG, but here in LA its gonna be atleast 55k. the brakes on the C32 are not Brembos.
Old 05-27-2003, 12:35 AM

C200K
Originally posted by Buellwinkle
Just buy the Kleemann ring pulley from MagmaSLK, it's never been used and you can get it now! The truly ironic part about you getting an alloy pulley from DK is that it's made in U.S.A.
Could you give me their contact details, ie. e-mail address, etc.. cos I am not in USA. So I guess I better e-mail them first to see about they can arrange for the pulley to be sent to me.

But after I heard about the reliability of the ring type pulley, I have some reservation. I have always in mind the alloy ones, the fact that it can increase power to 200bph is very tempting, some how I just couldn't buy one
Old 05-27-2003, 01:43 AM

01 C200 Kompressor, 02 C32 AMG
Could you give me their contact details, ie. e-mail address, etc.. cos I am not in USA. So I guess I better e-mail them first to see about they can arrange for the pulley to be sent to me.

But after I heard about the reliability of the ring type pulley, I have some reservation. I have always in mind the alloy ones, the fact that it can increase power to 200bph is very tempting, some how I just couldn't buy one
I think MagmaSLK has sold his ring pulley cos I read his reply in his ad a couple of weeks ago in classified section.

I could be one of the luckier ones with my ring pulley. Its been a little over 1 year since I installed it and its been problem free (LARGE KNOCK ON THE WOOD ).
Old 05-27-2003, 02:28 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

r171
pcbchow - what country are you in? they probably have a kleemann authorized dealer there. if you are gonna install kleemann parts in your engine, you really should have it done by an authorized dealer.
Old 05-27-2003, 02:35 AM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Originally posted by bajaiman
I think MagmaSLK has sold his ring pulley cos I read his reply in his ad a couple of weeks ago in classified section.

I could be one of the luckier ones with my ring pulley. Its been a little over 1 year since I installed it and its been problem free (LARGE KNOCK ON THE WOOD ).
The ring pulleys are not inherently dangerous, poorly designed or other wise dangerous. We've all heard saying that guns arent dangerous, people are??

- bajaiman is the poster man for proper installation.
Old 05-27-2003, 10:33 PM

C200K
Originally posted by CarlssonCRS
pcbchow - what country are you in? they probably have a kleemann authorized dealer there. if you are gonna install kleemann parts in your engine, you really should have it done by an authorized dealer.
I am from Hong Kong, and unfortunately we dont have a Kleemann authorized dealer here. But we do have a Brabus authorized dealer, and they basically agreed to install the kit for me, as I believe there is no much different to install the Kleemann K20 boost kit and the Brabus K2 kit.

However, I am still far from getting the kit, cos its out of stock in USA, and the price is about 50% more if I get it through Denmark, it costs me roughly 1,500 Euro. More importantly I cant get any confirmation that it is the price for ring type or alloy type (cos if it is ring type the price is almost double)

Actually I am quite disappointed cos I have been looking around for a long time and sending many e-mails, still cant get a kit from Kleemann, so dont know what it takes for me to get a kit. However, I must admit that the dealer in USA is very helpful.

If the alloy pulley is made in USA, I guess I will just have to wait until they have them in stock.
Old 05-27-2003, 10:47 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

r171
you should call up the kleemann authorized dealer in singapore.
Old 05-27-2003, 11:42 PM

C200K
Originally posted by CarlssonCRS
you should call up the kleemann authorized dealer in singapore.
Do you have their contact details, cos there arent any information on the Kleemann offical web-site, thanks
Old 05-28-2003, 08:39 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

r171
ummm i used to have it but i dont have it anymore... you can email germany and ask them the contact info for the kleemann in singapore... i think they are opening soon.
Old 05-28-2003, 12:21 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2002 C230 Coupe
Go to Kleemann's web site. They have contacts in Malaysia, Taiwan, Japan, and Korea.
Old 05-28-2003, 04:57 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Accoding to another post Kleemann dropped the pulley from their line. Oh well, guess you'll have to get a V6 to get a Kleemann upgrade.
Old 05-28-2003, 10:42 PM

C200K
Thanks guys, I have tried to contact the dealer in Taiwan and Malaysia but the phone numbers are incorrect. Given I cant speak or write Korean and Japanese, it appears quite difficult to contact the dealers there.

Fortunately I am able to contact the dealer in Malaysia by e-mail, and they have the pulley in stock (not sure its a alloy or ring type though) but they do not accpet credit cards, so there is a payment problem here, we are still working on it.

Anyway I have written many e-mails to Kleemann's head office in Denmark but never get any reply.

Any reason why Kleemann stop production of pulleys?? Is it because its not reliable?? On paper its very attractive cos it will give you 200bhp 20% more than stock!!! So I guess there must be a reason why the pulleys are not selling well..........
Old 05-28-2003, 10:53 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2002 C230 Coupe
Maybe you just get an ASP pulley and have the Brabus dealer install it. There shouldn't be any problem as it's pretty much the same thing as theirs anyway.
Old 05-28-2003, 11:23 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Thanks guys, I have tried to contact the dealer in Taiwan and Malaysia but the phone numbers are incorrect. Given I cant speak or write Korean and Japanese, it appears quite difficult to contact the dealers there.

Fortunately I am able to contact the dealer in Malaysia by e-mail, and they have the pulley in stock (not sure its a alloy or ring type though) but they do not accpet credit cards, so there is a payment problem here, we are still working on it.

Anyway I have written many e-mails to Kleemann's head office in Denmark but never get any reply.

Any reason why Kleemann stop production of pulleys?? Is it because its not reliable?? On paper its very attractive cos it will give you 200bhp 20% more than stock!!! So I guess there must be a reason why the pulleys are not selling well..........
KLEEMANN worldwide HAS NOT stopped production or sales of the M111 engine pulley. Only the USA has ceased sales and support of this product. The M111 engine is avaiable in MANY more chassis in EU and ROW than USA. Too short a model run coupled with low production/distribution in the USA has made it impractical to continue with this product.

If you have had no luck with the general sales mail box please try:

msj@kleemann.dk
Old 05-28-2003, 11:25 PM

C200K
I presume they are pretty much the same, can you give me their e-mail address or web-site......

BTW it is a ring type kinda pulley or an alloy type kinda pulley...
Old 05-29-2003, 12:43 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

I can understand why they dropped this product in the US due to product liability issues that are not a concern in other countries. The question is will you have any recourse if anything goes wrong if you buy this product in Singapore or Malaysia and then install it in HK. You should probably look for a product available locally, be Renntech, Brabus, Vaeth, Opera Design so you'll have a vendor to fall back on should feces happen.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: Kleemann K20 Boost kit