C-Class (W203) 2001-2007, C160, C180, C200, C220, C230, C240, C270, C280, C300, C320, C230K, C350, Coupe

Kleemann K20 Boost kit

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average.

Old 05-29-2003, 01:15 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2002 C230 Coupe
Did you check the price for the Brabus pulley?

BTW, I read in a HK magazine a short while ago showing a Brabus SLK 6.5 from a male actor. It even has the Brabus sound system. Brabus everything. That car kicks!!
Old 05-29-2003, 01:19 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
1996 C36 AMG, 1995 Volvo 850 Turbowagon
Originally posted by pcbchow
Thanks guys, I have tried to contact the dealer in Taiwan and Malaysia but the phone numbers are incorrect. Given I cant speak or write Korean and Japanese, it appears quite difficult to contact the dealers there.

Fortunately I am able to contact the dealer in Malaysia by e-mail, and they have the pulley in stock (not sure its a alloy or ring type though) but they do not accpet credit cards, so there is a payment problem here, we are still working on it.

Anyway I have written many e-mails to Kleemann's head office in Denmark but never get any reply.

Any reason why Kleemann stop production of pulleys?? Is it because its not reliable?? On paper its very attractive cos it will give you 200bhp 20% more than stock!!! So I guess there must be a reason why the pulleys are not selling well..........

i'm in the process of getting one (thinking actually) for the c200 kompressor in taiwan. no luck with the dealer listed on kleemann's website?
Old 05-29-2003, 02:01 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Any reason why Kleemann stop production of pulleys?? Is it because its not reliable?? On paper its very attractive cos it will give you 200bhp 20% more than stock!!! So I guess there must be a reason why the pulleys are not selling well..........
Most people on the forums took the lower cost option from ASP and still do. Consider that before ASP, Kleemann was the low price leader, heck at $599 for the ring they were $1,000 cheaper than the next nearest competitor. In my opinion people bought pullies from Kleemann because they were the cheapest and maybe a few heard of Kleemmann and bought for that reason but they certainly don't have the name recognition of AMG, Brabus or Renntech, I never heard of them and I subscribe to at least 2 car magazines at the time. Along comes ASP and a group buy for this forum that Timmy put together and they put pulleys out on the market for a fraction of the cost and many people coming from Fords, Pontiacs, Buicks, Nissans and other supercharged brands already knew ASP made s/c and crank pullies but likely never heard of Kleemann if this is their first MB so it was a no brainer for many to head to ASP. Timmy tried to put a group buy deal together with Kleemann and it's dealers but they had a price protectionist attitude which put a lot of people off.

So yes, Kleemann says they dropped the pulley because of low demand and that's my opinion as to why demand was low.
Old 05-29-2003, 02:08 AM

C200K
Originally posted by Buellwinkle
I can understand why they dropped this product in the US due to product liability issues that are not a concern in other countries. The question is will you have any recourse if anything goes wrong if you buy this product in Singapore or Malaysia and then install it in HK. You should probably look for a product available locally, be Renntech, Brabus, Vaeth, Opera Design so you'll have a vendor to fall back on should feces happen.
Yes there is Brabus local dealer in HK but they charge way too much for the pulley which I believe is more than double the price if I can get one through the internet, besides I dont think they offer any warranty, cos there is basically none consumer protection here in HK.

That is also my concern, cos we are talking about engine mod here, if anything goes wrong you are gone buddy......
Old 05-29-2003, 02:13 AM

C200K
Originally posted by 20FHK02
Did you check the price for the Brabus pulley?

BTW, I read in a HK magazine a short while ago showing a Brabus SLK 6.5 from a male actor. It even has the Brabus sound system. Brabus everything. That car kicks!!
But the car doesnt belong to the actor though, the car orginally cost over HK$2m, thats why its been selling for more than a year before the first buyer came along, after a while its been put on the market again for something like HK$888,000 but after one or two more owner(s)

actually before I have my current C200K I used to have a SLK230 its a lovely little convertible
Old 05-29-2003, 02:17 AM

C200K
Originally posted by steve s
i'm in the process of getting one (thinking actually) for the c200 kompressor in taiwan. no luck with the dealer listed on kleemann's website?
Basically I have no luck to get any from the asian dealers listed on their web-sites and guess what I just received a reply from the Malayisan dealer he told me to transfer funds into his OWN account NOT the company's account, then he will ship the pulley to me!!!!!!!!
Old 05-29-2003, 02:17 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

I here ya about that. Brabus in the U.S. at least is fully backed by Mercedes Benz and any damaged caused by their upgrades is covered under MB warranty. The only caveat is the mod must be installed by Brabus. It is expensive and I haven't heard of any takers on these forums.

If nobody will be held liable for problems with your car and you are on your own no matter who you go with then why not go with ASP, what's the difference? They really went all out on safety with their latest pulley, it uses a factory pulley and the ring is pressed and welded on and rebalanced by an aircraft parts balancing company. The only other pulley I can recommend is the Vaeth which is built like the ASP. The other like you said are too expensive for what you get.
Old 05-29-2003, 02:23 AM

C200K
The reason I go for the Kleemann pulley is that it gives me the most power out of the ones available (Kleemann 200bhp, Brabus 186bhp, not sure about ASP), and also I believe the price is reasonable.

I guess its worth checking out the ASP pulley now.......
Old 05-29-2003, 02:24 AM

2002 C230 Coupe
Your main concern on ASP is compatibility. As far as I know ASP only has the pulley for the C230K, so you need to make sure it's also compatible with your C200K before getting too excited.
Old 05-29-2003, 10:06 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

The 2.0 liter motor is a destroked 2.3L, everything else in the motor is the same. If you want to be 100% sure check with the MB dealer and see if the part number is the same. Don't believe the HP claims, just one vendor trying to outbrag another vendor. I dynoed 3 different pullies on my car and found no difference between alloy and steel pullies and even got better results with the heavier pulley.
Old 05-29-2003, 03:58 PM

2002 C230 Coupe
I just called ASP and they don't have anything in stock either. Need to wait until they get new shippment of the stock cores for modification.
Old 05-29-2003, 11:12 PM

C200K
Even ASP is out of stock....

Guys I can get the Kleemann pulley from Malayisan dealer which costs roughly US$1000 do you think it worth the shot??

Alternatively, I can get a brand new Brabus 2.6S engine from the Brbaus dealer in US for about US$10,000 which Brabus claims it has 250bhp. 10 times more in price but dont know whether it is 10 times better, what would you do if you were me??

Some of my friends told me to get the Brabus engine cos it 2.6 more powerful and better torque, more importantly its a new engine from Brabus not very often you will get here
Old 05-29-2003, 11:16 PM

C200K
hey 20FHK02 and Buellwinkle I can see you guys have AMG sway bars installed what are they like?? any good?? cos I think to get one, choosing between AMG and Eibach.

A guy in another forum told me to get the AMG C32 sway, he claims its really good, any comments??
Old 05-29-2003, 11:21 PM

2002 C230 Coupe
Let's say a $1,000 pulley gives you 20 hp more. Then shouldn't a $10,000 engine give you 200 hp more??
Old 05-29-2003, 11:22 PM

01 C200 Kompressor, 02 C32 AMG
Is the Brabus engine V6?? .....if money is not an issue then get Brabus otherwise just get the pulley. Is that US$1000 for alloy or ring pulley?

I got front and rear C32 swaybars...and I can tell you that they're really good and worth every cent ...and cheap too
Old 05-29-2003, 11:29 PM

2002 C230 Coupe
hey 20FHK02 and Buellwinkle I can see you guys have AMG sway bars installed what are they like?? any good?? cos I think to get one, choosing between AMG and Eibach.

A guy in another forum told me to get the AMG C32 sway, he claims its really good, any comments??
Many forum members have upgraded to AMG or Eibach sway bars with the Eibach being more stiff than AMG. It depends on how much stability you are looking for.

IMO, I don't think you can approach a corner at a really high speed on any road in Hong Kong without losing traction. (Remember the scandal that the actor crashed his Ferrari at a turn?) The roads there are different than that in the US.
Old 05-29-2003, 11:52 PM

C200 Kompressor, S320
pcbchow,

There is a Brabus dearler at Kwun Tong. You can check with them. Brabus has a K2 system which will make our C200K to 185hp. If you need more hp, you may want to check if you can change something in the engine to make it 2.3L. What modifications have you done? Is your car classic, elegance or avantgarde? You can also install K&N filter.
Old 05-29-2003, 11:58 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Even ASP is out of stock....
ASP never really stocked these pulleys, each one is made to order. I don't know of anyone on these forums that got theirs in less than a month. Not keeping inventory allows to him to make improvements on a moments notice and some people have special requests. This keeps prices low. What makes it worse is that if you don't send him your pulley then he's at the mercy of MB to get a pulley.
Old 05-30-2003, 12:16 AM

C200K
Originally posted by RD Sport
pcbchow,

There is a Brabus dearler at Kwun Tong. You can check with them. Brabus has a K2 system which will make our C200K to 185hp. If you need more hp, you may want to check if you can change something in the engine to make it 2.3L. What modifications have you done? Is your car classic, elegance or avantgarde? You can also install K&N filter.
I know!! It will take about one month for them to order it but the thing is they charge twice or more than what I can get (if I can get any) on the internet from Brabus or Kleemann direct.

Mine is C200K AV with AMG kit, brakes, exhaust and wheels, Eibach suspension already got K&N airfilter, so the next mod is to increase engine power which I believe a pulley is very handy
Old 05-30-2003, 12:22 AM

01 C200 Kompressor, 02 C32 AMG
Mine is C200K AV with AMG kit, brakes, exhaust and wheels, Eibach suspension already got K&N airfilter, so the next mod is to increase engine power which I believe a pulley is very handy
You have AMG exhaust???...how much did you get it for??...Last time I asked MB parts and they said they don't have any AMG exhaust for C200K ...thats why I got Remus instead..... how loud is your AMG exhaust on C200K??...my Remus exhaust is not that loud at all...can't barely tell the difference from inside the car ... any power gain at all from your AMG exhaust according to your "butt dyno"??
Old 05-30-2003, 12:24 AM

C200 Kompressor, S320
pcbchow,

Since you have installed the K&N filter, have you notice any increase in power? I am planning to install it also and they quoted me HK$600. How much did you pay? How much did you pay for your AMG kits, muffler, 4 pot brake caliper, suspension? Is your car from Zung fu? What options did you get?
Old 05-30-2003, 12:26 AM

C200 Kompressor, S320
pcbchow,

one more thing, since you are planning to change the sway bars and you have changed the Eibach springs, do you plan to sell your Avantgrade springs and sway bars and if yes, how much are you willing to sell?'

Thanks
Old 05-30-2003, 12:28 AM

C200K
Originally posted by 20FHK02
Many forum members have upgraded to AMG or Eibach sway bars with the Eibach being more stiff than AMG. It depends on how much stability you are looking for.

IMO, I don't think you can approach a corner at a really high speed on any road in Hong Kong without losing traction. (Remember the scandal that the actor crashed his Ferrari at a turn?) The roads there are different than that in the US.
I presume the AMG is the C32 stock sway bar, right? I never ride on a C32 before but what I read from car mag is that the supension is very well balanced, ie. not too bumpy but handles rreally well, that is exactly what I wanted, not too much body roll but at the same time not losing any comfort, pretty difficult!!!!
Old 05-30-2003, 12:30 AM

C200K
Originally posted by Buellwinkle
ASP never really stocked these pulleys, each one is made to order. I don't know of anyone on these forums that got theirs in less than a month. Not keeping inventory allows to him to make improvements on a moments notice and some people have special requests. This keeps prices low. What makes it worse is that if you don't send him your pulley then he's at the mercy of MB to get a pulley.
The problem is I am in HK so its basically impossible for me to send him the stock pulley, in another words, he has to get one from MB and mod for me, so again it is be costly $$$$$$
Old 05-30-2003, 12:37 AM

C200K
Originally posted by bajaiman
You have AMG exhaust???...how much did you get it for??...Last time I asked MB parts and they said they don't have any AMG exhaust for C200K ...thats why I got Remus instead..... how loud is your AMG exhaust on C200K??...my Remus exhaust is not that loud at all...can't barely tell the difference from inside the car ... any power gain at all from your AMG exhaust according to your "butt dyno"??
I get mine for HK$5,500 which is about 1100 aussie dollar it not loud at all, I guess its the same as your Remus NO NOTICABLE difference,

BTW I am planning to go to assiue land in aug anything that you want which you cant get in syd pls let me know, see what I can do. Actually I spent 10 years in syd to complete high school & uni

I never did any dyno actually I have changed a few things ie. airfilter, exhaust and racing engine oil over a very period of time, so I cant tell you whether power is increaed or not but I must add that it runs very smooth

see if I can put some photos of my car on this forum...

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: Kleemann K20 Boost kit