C-Class (W203) 2001-2007, C160, C180, C200, C220, C230, C240, C270, C280, C300, C320, C230K, C350, Coupe

SLUDGE!!! I think I need a hug...(pics)

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-29-2011, 06:40 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2007 c230
Originally Posted by Glyn M Ruck
+1
+1

This person definitely did not use synthetic at all. Synthetics barely at all cause sludge. Even if you exceeded the recommended oil maintance intervals!. I had a Saturn with 189k Miles The recommended was 3500 mile oil changes which I did at every 10K with full synthetic and when you change the oil you can feel its velocity and thickness. As oppose to the DINO oil which feels like water after 2000 miles
Old 12-07-2013, 01:36 AM

Honda Accord
This product has been found not to be able to clean up any sludge or varnish from steel or aluminum parts in engines, you can Google these threads and decide for yourself.

1. ARX & Aluminum Engines
2. 3 ARX cycles, didn't do much, bummer
3. Mobil 1 better cleaner than Auto-Rx?
4. Auto-Rx-Results-Part-Three After Pics
5. Sneak-peek @ Auto-Rx Plus cleaning after 1400 mi
6. Mitsubishi 12-Valve 6G72 Head Overhaul
Old 12-24-2013, 12:16 PM

'06 C230
Originally Posted by c3po
This product has been found not to be able to clean up any sludge or varnish from steel or aluminum parts in engines, you can Google these threads and decide for yourself.

1. ARX & Aluminum Engines
2. 3 ARX cycles, didn't do much, bummer
3. Mobil 1 better cleaner than Auto-Rx?
4. Auto-Rx-Results-Part-Three After Pics
5. Sneak-peek @ Auto-Rx Plus cleaning after 1400 mi
6. Mitsubishi 12-Valve 6G72 Head Overhaul
Which product are you referring to?
Old 12-24-2013, 10:10 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
2005 C230K, 2016 Honda CR-V, '74 Lotus Europa
I think he's talking about Auto-Rx. I checked a couple of the links and its success rate seems spotty. There are true believers and true skeptics, but from the little looking I did, it seemed that the consensus was against it. The other thing I noticed is that most seem to think that Seafoam is not worth bothering with.

One very long thread was about using Mobil 1 versus Auto-Rx for cleaning sludge. It was much longer than I wanted to wade through but I think I would try Mobil 1 0w40 with an aggressive change schedule (maybe 2 or 3k) for a few oil changes. On the other hand, I didn't see anybody complain that Auto-Rx hurt their motor. If you want to use it, I would probably take Glyn's (and John's) advice. They have both probably forgotten more than I'll ever know about engines and oils.
Old 01-17-2014, 09:46 PM

Honda Accord
Originally Posted by ncmudbug
I think he's talking about Auto-Rx. I checked a couple of the links and its success rate seems spotty. There are true believers and true skeptics, but from the little looking I did, it seemed that the consensus was against it. The other thing I noticed is that most seem to think that Seafoam is not worth bothering with.

One very long thread was about using Mobil 1 versus Auto-Rx for cleaning sludge. It was much longer than I wanted to wade through but I think I would try Mobil 1 0w40 with an aggressive change schedule (maybe 2 or 3k) for a few oil changes. On the other hand, I didn't see anybody complain that Auto-Rx hurt their motor. If you want to use it, I would probably take Glyn's (and John's) advice. They have both probably forgotten more than I'll ever know about engines and oils.

I am talking about auto-rx and the guy who started the Mobil 1 cleans better than auto-rx thread was actually once an auto-rx user. I have seen at least 2 separate threads where auto-rx did do some serious engine damage, if you want then I can post them here. This product is so pathetic that they got rid of there money back guarantee and they changed the name of there product. A lot of people have not gotten results with this product because the only thing you will do by spending $27.97 for a bottle of auto-rx is putting money in a snake oil salesman's pocket. Auto-Rx should clean out your engine, instead all it cleans out is the money in your wallet.