C-Class (W203) 2001-2007, C160, C180, C200, C220, C230, C240, C270, C280, C300, C320, C230K, C350, Coupe

Do all 05s have the SDARS (Sirius) connections in the back?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-13-2016, 04:40 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 107 Likes on 100 Posts
2005 w203 C230
Still have to call SIRIUSXM to fire it up after locating a good hidden antenna...but doing some more research I hope this may help some...if you're having LOCK UP...

Satellite problem fixed by Sirius, probably permanently. They do it by putting your SDARS unit's EIN into a "PROTECTED TIER" in their computer system so that when they tell their system to send all the channels for free, our radios do not accept more than the total number of channels which our head units were designed to hold which causes them lock up.

The first couple of generations of the SDARS unit(s) can't handle any "MORE" than 140 channels total. It has nothing to do with the channel number(s).

All of this came about when Sirius decided to upgrade their service to what they call the Plus or Enhanced package with more channels not taking in consideration the MB, Mini and Range Rover's specs. That killed it for a lot of us.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

https://www.siriusxm.com/channelupdate/faqs

I have a Mercedes Benz and I am no longer receiving certain channels. What should I do?
A small number of radios in Mercedes Benz vehicles may no longer be receiving the following channels:

HUR Voices
HBCU
BYU Radio
En Vivo
Cristina Radio
American Latino
Multicultural Radio
Canada Talks
Canada Laughs
CBC Country
Canada 360 by AMI
If you are not receiving the channels listed above, please contact the Mercedes-Benz Customer Assistance Center at
1-800-FOR-MERCEDES (1-800-367-6372)

I have a Mercedes Benz and am having difficulty switching to or from "All Channels" to other categories on the radio in my car.
If you are having trouble switching categories with the left and right arrow buttons on the radio in your Mercedes Benz vehicle, simply:

Push and hold the ON button for at least 10 seconds (this will turn your radio off).
Push the button again to turn the radio back on. The issue should now be resolved.
If you're still having trouble, contact Mercedes Benz customer care for further assistance at 1-800-FOR-MERCEDES
(1-800-367-6372).

I have a Mercedes Benz. The Sirius radio in my car resets every 55 seconds or says, "Call Sirius to Subscribe". What should I do?
A small number of satellite radios used in Mercedes Benz vehicles may not properly adjust to the new channel locations. If you have this type of radio in your vehicle, you may notice that the radio resets every 55 seconds, or says "Call Sirius to Subscribe" when playing audio. For help fixing this issue, just call Listener Care at 1-866-528-7474, Monday – Saturday 8am to 11pm ET and Sunday 8am – 8pm ET.
Old 08-04-2016, 03:20 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 107 Likes on 100 Posts
2005 w203 C230
you can get select or mostly music

John Hoodless
West Region Automotive
www.siriusxmdealer.com

I submitted a request to place your radio into ‘Protected Tier’, but it is not part of the affected population. Unfortunately, the hardware is limited to a set number of channels, as designed by the manufacturer.
Sorry I couldn’t be more helpful.

Jay Valentich
202-258-5844
(((SiriusXM)))

Those were direct responses from SIRIUS reps.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

After a few failed attempts at a "hidden" antenna...they did not work here in the woody suburbs of Buffalo.

So...I am/have been enjoying the "SELECT" package with an OEM Infiniti antenna. I machined the curry female to accept the OEM blue male. Yes, you could cut off the blue tab.

I did not drill a hole on my car and this OEM Automotive piece looks "acceptable" with the finished rubber tail to weather groove.

Keeping it un-clipped from the Bridgeport work, I fed it up behind the taillight and then to the roof.

This seller has them...reasonably priced! I just ordered two spares.
Attached Thumbnails Do all 05s have the SDARS (Sirius) connections in the back?-infiniti_sirius_1.jpg