C-Class (W203) 2001-2007, C160, C180, C200, C220, C230, C240, C270, C280, C300, C320, C230K, C350, Coupe

I need some input on going carbon fiber

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-30-2011, 10:24 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Correction, Drove An '05 C230 Kompressor SS
Originally Posted by Jp's_C230k_W203
I am also planning on blacking out the taillights and possibly the mirror lenses . My question is what would you guys do with the moulding on the side of the car? What I mean by that is would you guys leave the mirror lenses and the side of the car alone? Or go ahead and tint the lenses on the mirror?
Any input is greatly appreciated. Thanks.
You're Off to A Great Start with the Mods, Further then me unfortunately. LOL
So You would like to Tint the mirror lenses (Glass)? I've never heard of that, or are you referring to the Turn signal lens on the Mirror?
If it's the Signals you are talking about... I kind of like the Clear/white you already have.
Maybe tint just the red part of the tails and keep the clear untouched, Then you would have that Clear transition across the side of the car from front to back.

Speaking of side moldings...... I know for a fact There is a Colored Performance Gloss Vinyl out there that matches your Blue exactly (My buddy had your color W230 ).
If you want to do another fairly cheap mod that will clean up the look of the car, Get yourself some of that Vinyl and cover up all of the Chrome stripping.
You could also use some of that Vinyl on your wheels, Blend the wheels into the mix, subtle detail always wins IMO.

Good Luck Bro, and keep us updated with pics.
Old 04-30-2011, 11:06 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2005 c230 kompressor
Those are some good ideas jeff. And yeah with the tails that's exactly what I was going to do. I just wanted the red tinted and the clear left alone. I should check on the molding stuff. We need to have a Florida meet!
Old 04-30-2011, 12:22 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Correction, Drove An '05 C230 Kompressor SS
Originally Posted by Jp's_C230k_W203
Those are some good ideas jeff. And yeah with the tails that's exactly what I was going to do. I just wanted the red tinted and the clear left alone. I should check on the molding stuff. We need to have a Florida meet!
Good Stuff.... And I Completely Agree on the Central Florida Meet!!