C-Class (W203) 2001-2007, C160, C180, C200, C220, C230, C240, C270, C280, C300, C320, C230K, C350, Coupe

Professional Headlight Restorer "Headlight Pro" - Northern VA Area (Review)

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-17-2011, 11:28 AM

Received 23 Likes on 12 Posts
2015 Chevy Suburban, 2017 GLS450 4MATIC, 1993 Chevy Corvette
Professional Headlight Restorer "Headlight Pro" - Northern VA Area (Review)

Just wanted to give a quick shout-out to Louis at Headlight Pro in Northern VA for coming out to my office and refinishing the headlights on my C55. Before anyone asks, no I am not plugging his business because he is a friend. Found Headlight Pro on craigslist, called Louis on Monday morning, and had my headlights buffed, refinished with seal, and looking brand new 24 hours later without having to leave my office or take more than ten minutes out of my work day for only $79, which I feel is reasonable given the convenience and the alternative options.

Unfortunately (or maybe fortunately), my C55 is my daily driver. That being the case, rain, wind, snow, or shine, my car is commuting in Northern VA every week year round. It sits outside of my office in the blazing heat of the summer and freezing temperatures during the winter months. Needless to say, my headlights began to yellow starting last summer and have continued to do so since then. I have used Plast-X (Meguiar's product) and Harbor Freight Tools headlight restoration kit on previous vehicle headlights, and while that works temporarily and never looks quite like new, the haziness/yellowness always comes back after spending a good 1-2 hours buffing the headlights.

Louis (owner of the company, which is only two years old and growing) came to my office, was professional, and was finished after twenty minutes using the industrial grade product that Headlight Pro buys in bulk and is not available except if you want to buy close to $500-$1000 in bulk product for one car. From speaking with him, Louis has a few guys working the different areas of Northern VA in order to cover more ground.

Right now, my headlights look brand new. Crystal clear with no yellow tint or discoloration of the plastic. I will post back in a few weeks once the treatment has had time to sink-in and I can further evaluate the effectiveness of the treatment.

Headlight Pro
http://www.headlightpro.com/
Call Louis to schedule: (703) 599-7741
Old 05-17-2011, 04:35 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts
06 C230 SS 6spd
you can do this yourself in like 30 mins or less. Just get a high grit wet sandpaper and wet sand both headlights. Then just use rubbing compound on a buffer and do each headlight then just finish it up with high gloss glaze to finish it up and its brand new. Thats how I've done all my headlights and it lasts a long time.
Old 05-17-2011, 05:05 PM

Received 23 Likes on 12 Posts
2015 Chevy Suburban, 2017 GLS450 4MATIC, 1993 Chevy Corvette
Originally Posted by phister
you can do this yourself in like 30 mins or less. Just get a high grit wet sandpaper and wet sand both headlights. Then just use rubbing compound on a buffer and do each headlight then just finish it up with high gloss glaze to finish it up and its brand new. Thats how I've done all my headlights and it lasts a long time.
Thanks for the response, but details of what products you use and how much they cost would make this post actually helpful to myself and others. Like I said, I have used Plast-X and a buffer (no glaze) and have not had lasting results.