C-Class (W203) 2001-2007, C160, C180, C200, C220, C230, C240, C270, C280, C300, C320, C230K, C350, Coupe

Good exhaust work near Boston?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-06-2011, 10:47 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2006 C230 SS
Good exhaust work near Boston?

Hows it going everyone. Im wondering if anyone knows of any good exhaust shops in the greater Boston area? I have an 06 C230 and am looking for an AMG looking quad exhaust set up or dual single exhausts. I've read through the forum and have heard that actual AMG quad set up on the C230 will reek havoc with back pressure. I was thinking of just splitting after the muffler for the double exhaust look. I'm not really looking for power, just aesthetics. The C230 is no power house for sure, i'm just looking for a bit of bubble to go with the already gorgeous styling in my opinion.

If anyone knows of any good exhaust shops within an hour or so of Boston, please let me know, it would be much appreciated.

EDIT: Defending by decision before anyone asks me why lol. I was lucky enough to grab the the black on black leather with the 6 speed trans C230. A clean looking dual set up will be the sum extent of my mods =P

Last edited by Moreira_C230; 06-06-2011 at 12:14 PM.
Old 06-06-2011, 03:34 PM

Nowhere ...Fast
talk to me...i got a good shop near buy...where are you located?
Old 06-06-2011, 03:43 PM

2006 C230 SS
Hey thanks for the quick reply. What is the name of the shop and where is it located.

I live in Somerville but am willing to drive a bit if the shop does good work and is reputable.
Old 06-07-2011, 12:14 PM

Nowhere ...Fast
Lou's Custome Exhaust, 59 Harding street, Worcester
Trust me i have spent over $1500 on going from shop to shop and fixing all the screw ups..
Talk to Jon, i called him yesterday to tell him about you. great people and they know the C class ( from doing work on my car)...they take time and will tell you if what you are trying to do makes sense or not!
Let me know when you go, i can meet you there ( i work in Worcester)

here is what you might be interested and something they initially did for me, prior to Rieger valence.
Old 06-07-2011, 05:09 PM

2006 C230 SS
Originally Posted by eesjunin
Lou's Custome Exhaust, 59 Harding street, Worcester
Trust me i have spent over $1500 on going from shop to shop and fixing all the screw ups..
Talk to Jon, i called him yesterday to tell him about you. great people and they know the C class ( from doing work on my car)...they take time and will tell you if what you are trying to do makes sense or not!
Let me know when you go, i can meet you there ( i work in Worcester)

here is what you might be interested and something they initially did for me, prior to Rieger valence.
Lou's Exhaust? Really? There are a few in the area here and I have seen nothing buck hack jobs come from that establishment. With that being said I am sure the quality varies greatly from shop to shop.

I would be looking for a set up pretty much just like that, but with a bit smaller tips. Im trying to go for the stock AMG quad set up look, not quite that big. Being from the city, I see a ton of rice burner hondas that go rev happy at the site of any large exhaust lol. Anyways, I will give these guys a call and see what they have to say.

Also ill get a few pictures of mine up in a bit to let everyone know where im starting from. This might turn into a project evolution as I have a few discrete changes in the works. Thanks again eesjunin
Old 06-07-2011, 08:28 PM

Nowhere ...Fast
they are all privatelly owned so all depends on the team...i stand behind these guys this team is solid and down to earth... Let me know when you decide to make a trip i'll meet up with you and introduce you to them! ~Gene
Old 06-07-2011, 08:32 PM

2006 C230 SS
As I mentioned in the post above, here are some pictures of my 230 from this evening. Shes been nothing but fun, worry free driving. Keep a lookout for a few mods in the future.
Attached Thumbnails Good exhaust work near Boston?-dscf4119.jpg   Good exhaust work near Boston?-dscf4117.jpg   Good exhaust work near Boston?-dscf4114.jpg   Good exhaust work near Boston?-dscf4113.jpg   Good exhaust work near Boston?-dscf4112.jpg  

Old 06-07-2011, 08:38 PM

Nowhere ...Fast
Looking good! I got them clear side markers if you want to change it up
Old 06-07-2011, 08:47 PM

2006 C230 SS
Yea? How much are you looking to get for them?

Also ill be looking to do the work around mid July or so. I start work Monday in Bedford so ill wait for a few pay periods before I start to do the work. In the mean time Im thinking of HID Heads and Fogs and maybe 15mm spacers in the rear and 5-10 in the front.

I actually called the shop today and they did seem very down to earth and knowledgeable, really good to know.

Do you know of any other W203s in the area. I would be interested in meeting up and swapping ideas if anyone is up for it
Old 06-08-2011, 11:30 AM

Nowhere ...Fast
there are couple of guys that are here in the forum that are local:
mbz03- Jose - talk to him if you need wheels/tires/balancing or allignment, this kid is sick at what he does! GOlden hands!

C280AF- Ryan, great great friend of mine...but he is desrting us for Florida in coupel of months!

Pcy- Phanendra-great book of knowledge! also local

Crna Mechka- he should be closest to you...also member here

Well for the clear sides, let me know what they are worth to you...they are in tip top shape
Old 06-08-2011, 03:57 PM

2006 C230 SS
I cant say they are on the top of my list but I would definitely like to have them. Tell you what, PM me with what you were thinking and well work out something.
Old 06-09-2011, 11:07 AM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
12 E350 4Matic Sport
Looking good man!

Gotta admit I'm a bit jealous of those wheels, been lookin for a set for cheap for a while now but no luck.

About Lou's - I personally have not had any work done there but never heard anything negative about them. You are right in saying that the quality varies greatly from shop to shop, Gene knows what's up though and I'm sure you can trust his word when it comes this.

About the car - First thing you should do is make sure all of the standard maintenance items have been taken care of (Oil, transmission fluid, air filter, fuel filter, etc) then start working on the mods. I'm sure you already took care of all this though as it is the absolute first thing anyone should do after purchasing a used vehicle.

Then I would suggest blacking out the sidemarkers (either paint it or get eurostrips) then flat-badge it, and get some LED's in there!
Old 06-09-2011, 01:31 PM

"The Beast" C280 4MATIC, 2007 AUDI A4 S-Line Black on Black
Originally Posted by Moreira_C230
Yea? How much are you looking to get for them?

Also ill be looking to do the work around mid July or so. I start work Monday in Bedford so ill wait for a few pay periods before I start to do the work. In the mean time Im thinking of HID Heads and Fogs and maybe 15mm spacers in the rear and 5-10 in the front.

I actually called the shop today and they did seem very down to earth and knowledgeable, really good to know.

Do you know of any other W203s in the area. I would be interested in meeting up and swapping ideas if anyone is up for it

Hey Man, you said you work in Bedford? Where at exactly? I am at Hanscom for about another month and drive my W203 daily now that the snow is gone! So if you want to meet up or something let me know. Welcome to the forum!
Old 06-09-2011, 08:07 PM

2006 C230 SS
@Crna Mecka: Yea I am really happy with the stock wheels on the C, probably one of the sharpest I've seen. As for maintenance, I was pleased up until a week or so ago. I got the car in April, but I was still in school, so I didn't start driving it until the very end of may. I got it from a used car dealer from which I was told that all maintenance had been done. I checked the oil, it looked great, and the computer was reading an oil change in 11K miles.

However, the other day I decided to check the air filter just for sh*ts and I was horrified. Sand, leaves, dust and god knows what else was clogging the filters. I swapped them out for new ones and I instantly saw a few mpg jump. I know the oil has been changed because it looks good, but now i'm not entirely sure what was and wasn't done. Im putting in Redline tranny fluid this weekend as well as changing the oil and fuel filters just to be safe.

@C280AF: I work at Acme Packet at 100 Crosby Street off exit 26 on Route 3. I start work Monday and will be in the area from then on out. Let me know if you want to meet, i'm definitely up for it. Im not sure how much you are into other cars but I have some long time friends in the area who are always up for meeting up with fellow hear heads. Right now three of my friends are working on a Stage 3 2004 VW GTI, Stage 2+ 2004 Jetta and a Stage 2+ 1991 Nissan 300ZX TT respectively. Let me know if that interests you also. Send me a PM and we can figure something out.

Gene if your interested in meeting up also let me know. I would be interested in getting a nice little meet together.

Thanks for the welcome guys. Im looking forward to starting and sharing my projects in the future.
Old 06-11-2011, 02:12 PM

Nowhere ...Fast
That sounds good!
I know there is a local meet every friday at Sunny's car wash in Nashua...around 6 pm
We should show up there one night...
let me know if you guys are interested
Old 06-13-2011, 10:53 PM

2006 C230 SS
BUMP*

So either of you still interested in meeting up within then next few weeks. As I said before I'll be in Bedford every afternoon. I get out of work at about 5:30, let me know,
Old 06-14-2011, 08:56 AM

Nowhere ...Fast
I am up for that...the only days i can meet up are Wed and the weekend though...got to pick up kids at daycare the rest of the days...
Lets see if there are any others and what days they can do
Old 06-14-2011, 02:31 PM

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
2010 E550 Coupe
Good to hear some feedback on Lou's. I've thought about replacing the stock muffler and possibly more of the system with some work from Lou's. I'm based in Wilmington, MA and I know Lou's is just a few exits up I93 for me.

I've only really seen 'good' work from Lou's so far. I did see a nice M3 locally with a Lou's system installed.

I'd be interested in a quick meet up after work one day if the offer is still out there...
Old 06-14-2011, 02:41 PM

Nowhere ...Fast
Hey Brit, Lou's are individually owned...so i am not sure how the one near you will do the job...the biggest problem with the exhaust shops that i found is - inexperience with C class benzes since there is not much room to work with underneath...I would say the absolute best way to go about it is to bring some of our pictures of installs and make sure they follow same ( there are several ways of isntalling duals, you can find them here)

As for the meet...awesome! the more the marrier!
Old 06-14-2011, 03:11 PM

I am in the Bedford area Monday through Friday till around 5 and than I make my way west to route 2... But weekends are kinda up in the air as I am planning my wedding and moving all within the next few weeks so if there is a solid date, Ill do my best to make it work but I dont have much free time at the moment.

Let Me know though whoever decides to wear the executive hat!!
Old 06-14-2011, 11:26 PM

2006 C230 SS
How about this Thursday at say 5:30 or 6 somewhere? I will be just off exit 26 on route three north (first exit after getting on from 95 south). I don't know the area all that well yet so I don't have a suggestion as to where to meet. C280F, I take 95 south to 2 east to make my way back to Somerville, so if you know of anything in that direction let me know. Brit is in Wilmington which is close so that should be easy as well.

So if there are no objections, this Thursday around 5:45 ish. AF if you can respond soon with a place to run by everyone. I am up for anything, so for me anything goes.

If there are objections, Everyone please post what days and times you are available and ill figure out what works best for everyone. I requested the meet so I have no problem putting a bit of effort into it

Let me know people!
Old 06-15-2011, 08:07 AM

Thursday works for me... My suggestion for us guys up on the east side of 95 would be in town in Bedford. There is a Stop and Shop located behind a friendly's and they have a nice parking lot with a section off in the corner kinda away from everyone or behind the Bank of America Bank as well there is another decent sized parking lot or the Airport is right off 95 as well..

However for the guys that live up towards the Nashua way thats way out of your neck of the woods and even if attempted, with Route 3 traffic and 495.. Thats just a nightmare.. Maybe we could set up a weekend meet for the folks that cant meet during the work week.. Billerica isnt more than 30 minutes for everyone and I dont mind the drive from out in Fitchburg.. There is a Burlington Coat Factory there that could be an option..
Old 06-15-2011, 08:26 AM

Nowhere ...Fast
Ryan, you are right, plus Thursday i cant make it since i got the kidoes that night.
Weekend would work, we can even meet at 495/rt 3 intersections and go for Margaritas at Chillis or Outback right there.
or i dont mind heading down to Burling to Cheesecake factory either... would have to be a weekend or Wednesday night

Did you talk to Jose yet? i dont think he gets out of work till 6 anyways...i'll be in his neck of the woods today so i will talk to him see when he can do a meet
Old 06-15-2011, 08:41 AM

2006 C230 SS
The weekend works for me as well. It would probably be less troublesome for everyone anyways. Ill let you guys figure out the day/time as I have no preference either way. My two buddies just finished up work on their cars last night so if they are in for it I'll have them tag along as well, the more the merrier. (1990 Nissan 300ZX TT stage 3 and a 2004 GTI stage 3). We often do the "Cars and Coffee" show at the Cummings property on the southbound side of I-95.

Anyways let me know the day and time. PM me if you want my contact info.

Have a good one.
Old 06-15-2011, 08:48 AM

Originally Posted by eesjunin
Ryan, you are right, plus Thursday i cant make it since i got the kidoes that night.
Weekend would work, we can even meet at 495/rt 3 intersections and go for Margaritas at Chillis or Outback right there.
or i dont mind heading down to Burling to Cheesecake factory either... would have to be a weekend or Wednesday night

Did you talk to Jose yet? i dont think he gets out of work till 6 anyways...i'll be in his neck of the woods today so i will talk to him see when he can do a meet

Naw I didnt talk to him yet, I know he usually works late and wouldnt be able to make the week meet if there was one so I was gonna hit him up when we had a weekend one, I know the only day off typically he has is a Sunday on the weekends.. Speaking of which.. I have to contact that fella!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Good exhaust work near Boston?