C-Class (W203) 2001-2007, C160, C180, C200, C220, C230, C240, C270, C280, C300, C320, C230K, C350, Coupe

loaner car?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-26-2003, 10:40 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2003 C230
loaner car?

Got my c230K sedan 3 weeks ago, been having some problem with my driver side power seat.The problem is every other morning the seat won't move back to it's memorize position, so I tried to used the switch to move to seat forward still no go, including the seat back recline, headrest etc. Back to my question, I bought my car from mb houston north, but they don't have no loaner car available today, so I called Greenway and got the same answer, then I call star mb in houston,they said bring it in and we have loaner cars available too,so I took it in and explained the problem to the service advisor, she said she'll take care of it, but when I asked about the loaner car,she pointed me to Enterprise somewhere in the corner of the dealership and the rental guy said star will pay up to $30 per day, so if I want a corolla or chevy malibu all I have to pay is tax. I am just wondering if I take my car somewhere else in houston, will I get at least a mb or I have to settle for corolla for the rest of my mb experience?
Old 05-27-2003, 12:44 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2002 C230 Coupe(M111)
Re: loaner car?

Originally posted by fasthomo
Got my c230K sedan 3 weeks ago, been having some problem with my driver side power seat.The problem is every other morning the seat won't move back to it's memorize position, so I tried to used the switch to move to seat forward still no go, including the seat back recline, headrest etc. Back to my question, I bought my car from mb houston north, but they don't have no loaner car available today, so I called Greenway and got the same answer, then I call star mb in houston,they said bring it in and we have loaner cars available too,so I took it in and explained the problem to the service advisor, she said she'll take care of it, but when I asked about the loaner car,she pointed me to Enterprise somewhere in the corner of the dealership and the rental guy said star will pay up to $30 per day, so if I want a corolla or chevy malibu all I have to pay is tax. I am just wondering if I take my car somewhere else in houston, will I get at least a mb or I have to settle for corolla for the rest of my mb experience?
If your dealer promised you one when you bought the car, then demand one.
Old 05-27-2003, 03:24 AM

i thought loaner cars are always free? that's how it works at my dealer, no matter if it's a benz loaner or a ford from budget from across the street, always free...
Old 05-27-2003, 06:00 PM
Almost a Member!

'02 C230 Kompressor Sports Coupe in Citron Green
I've never been able to get a loaner car from my dealership without at least 8 days notice. I wait in the lobby (sitting in an AMG SLK most of the time) and wait for my service appointments.

Only once did I actually schedule a loaner car for a warranty repair. I got 30 minutes away from the dealer and they called me on my cell to tell me that my car was fixed and that I can come pick it up at any time! DOE!

Loaners are free, but not always immediately available.