C-Class (W203) 2001-2007, C160, C180, C200, C220, C230, C240, C270, C280, C300, C320, C230K, C350, Coupe

How to contact Mercedes-Benz USA HQ's to file complaint?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-28-2022, 04:42 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
GLC 300 2016
This is the only way when the dealership is afraid off

MB OF USA or MB dealership dont care about the reviews online. They only care is afterwork survey from MBOFUSA. When Mercedes Benz dealership does a repair they beg you to give them 5 star feedback from mbof usa. This is the only way you can do to hurt them if they did something wrong or if they behaved unprofessionally. After mb dealership does a work at your car you will receive an email from mb of usa. Good luck
Old 03-02-2023, 05:56 PM

GLE 450 4 MATIC
This is the email I sent to the SVP for Customer Service at Mercedes Benz USA:

To Dianna du Preez;

I wanted to take an opportunity to provide feedback on Mercedes Benz Customer Service for continued issues with my GLE 450. To put it mildly, the service has been abysmal.

The issue with the GLE is that intermittently we are getting two error messages and then cruise control will not function. The two messages are:
  • Active Distance Assist Inoperative
  • Active Stop and Go Assist Inoperative
The other problem is that on occasion you will have cruise set and all of a sudden these errors pop-up and cruise shuts off on the highway in traffic. That is a serious safety problem since you immediately start to decelerate. Your only option is to pull off the road, shut off the GLE, wait for about 5 minutes, start back up and HOPE that it works.

I have had this into the Collierville Mercedes Benz dealer multiple times for this issue and they have not been able to fix the problem. In some instances, the service department closed the service request with cannot duplicate. I have sent Jesse/Jay emails with pictures with date/time stamps each. I have done this multiple times. The Service Department never has responded to those emails. I emailed the Collierville Mercedes Benz main email on their website and no one responded.

This did not just start happening. If you pull the maintenance records you will find it has been in multiple times for this issue. I also have emails/texts from Collierville’s Service Department. Since I was not getting anywhere with Collierville Mercedes Benz, I reached out to MBUSA Customer Support. That has become the most frustrating black hole I have ever seen.

I began calling in December, 2022. Here is the timeline:
  • December 2022 – Called gave them all info including a call back number. The analyst was attempting to contact Collierville Mercedes Benz and disconnected. They never called back.
  • January 10, 2023 – Called and spoke to Gabrielle at MB Customer Service. She took all information and was supposed to escalate it and I would hear back within 48 hours. Did not offer a case number not did I know there would be one. Never heard back from anyone.
  • January 20, 2023 – Called and spoke to Desiree. She asked me if anyone offered a discount which I found odd. She could not find that my case had ever been escalated. Again, she said I would be contact within 48 hours. I was never contacted.
  • January 25, 2023 – Called and spoke to Jaden. She asked me for a case number which I did not even know of. She looked to see if it had been escalated and she said she could not find where it had ever been escalated. She asked me what I wanted done. I told her I wanted it FIXED. She again told me she was going to escalate and I would her back within 48 hours and have me case #2-3611959829
  • January 30, 2023 – Called and could not understand her name. She told me the case had been escalated and was looking for the Escalation Manager. She finally told me the escalation manager was in a meeting but would contact me by end of day. Never heard from anyone.
  • February 1, 2023 – Called and spoke to Pam. She could not find where this case had ever been escalated or that I had called on January 30 at all. She quoted me emails from your Customer Service to look at the owner’s manual.
I manage a Global IT Service Desk for a Fortune 500 company and I have never seen anything like these responses. I can say that I have actually lost my cool on the last call. After five times to be told it was never escalated that is not acceptable. This is an expensive vehicle and common Safety features do not work. I have a Nissan with similar Safety features and they never give me any issues. We had thought about moving to the EQE SUV but with experiences we have had, I have serious doubts.

Sincerely,
Old 10-07-2023, 01:15 AM

Mercedes ML350 Bluetec Diesel
On the same wave of this thread, I’m not getting any callbacks from dealership (service rep in charge of my service and service manager). My issue is related to removed parts (all under body splash guards) not reinstalled after service (leak inspection).
What would be the best course of action?

Note: the service manager is not contacting me back even after MB US Cust Care solicitation.

I’m attaching myself to this thread but glad to open a new one where needed.

Thanks
Old 01-19-2024, 02:59 AM

2015 E350 4matic
Question complaint about 2015 E350 4matic blown air intake plenum

Hi everyone,

I need some help to resolve the issue with dealership. Here's what I have experienced:I had brought my car, Mercedes Benz 2015 E350 4matic, at the Euro Motorcars Germantown dealership with the cracked air intake plenum. I asked for an investigation. The diagnosis provided by the Mercedes Benz service advisor; Marko Modric was that the aftermarket ignition coils had cracked the air intake plenum due to excessive pressure buildup. I was advised to change all 6 of the ignition coils to the Mercedes Benz OEM ignition coils and replace the air intake plenum (which was not available at that time in the whole world). I took the service advisor’s recommendation. I also specifically requested for the return of the aftermarket ignition coils agreed by the service advisor. However, upon requesting those parts to be returned, the service manager disagreed to return them.

I went down to the dealership and specifically spoke with General Manager Scott Weber, Service Director Jon LaFond, and Service Manager Mike Miles. During my first personal visit to the dealership, I repeatedly asked Jon LaFond to let me know if there were any other problems with the car, and Jon Lafond repeatedly told and assured me that replacing the aftermarket ignition coils with Mercedes Benz OEM ignition coils will solve the problem of cracking the air intake plenum. He added that he had seen this problem before, and it was because aftermarket ignition coils were installed that caused the air intake plenum to crack due to excessive pressure buildup. Therefore, based on Jon LaFond’s recommendation I agreed to get the Mercedes Benz OEM ignition coils installed.

Once the car was repaired with an available air intake plenum in a few weeks, I reminded the Service Manager Mike Miles to do an extensive stress test, to make sure there were no new issues. I was told that everything is checked, car is good to go and the problem had been fixed.

But after driving my car on the road for about 25 minutes, I began to hear strange whistling noise coming from the engine. I immediately called the dealership and informed about the noise. I was asked to bring back the car to the dealership for diagnosis of the whistling noise. The car was brought to the dealership and Mercedes Benz Technician Nick, sent me text message with a video explaining to me that the whistling noise is due to the mechanical PCV failure to release the excessive pressure.

Based on the above information, it is clear that whoever was the technician that originally serviced my car, was completely incompetent and did not properly diagnose the problem at the first attempt. The result was that the issue was never resolved and the problem persisted. But on the next diagnostic inspection, the technician Nick informed me that it was a faulty PCV that caused the excessive pressure buildup in the air intake plenum and the whistling noise.

Apparently, the real cause of the problem was related to the failure of the mechanical PCV to relieve the excess pressure buildup, which raptured the air intake plenum. The Mercedes Benz technician was incompetent who incorrectly diagnosed the issue and replaced the aftermarket ignition coils to fix the problem. The aftermarket ignition coils in fact matches the Mercedes Benz OEM manufacturer's specification and tolerances.

I need help to contact the CEO or someone higher up at MB to get a resolution for my issue because the GM, SD, and SM, have failed to correct the problem and they are asking me to pay further.