C-Class (W203) 2001-2007, C160, C180, C200, C220, C230, C240, C270, C280, C300, C320, C230K, C350, Coupe

2002 C230 Coupe Dash LCD/LED Failing

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-11-2011, 10:13 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2002 C230 Kompressor Coupe
2002 C230 Coupe Dash LCD/LED Failing

i have a 2002 C230 Kompressor. The In dash information
LED works when it is cool but as the day progresses and the temperature goes up the information displayed is going bad. This i know is due to age and heat. I am interested in replace this. Is there a post with pictures where someone has done this? Do you need to disconnect the battery to replace this LED pannel? If so will i need a code to re-activate/restart the car. i have seen this posted somewhere But I dont remember where. Any help is appreciated
Old 09-11-2011, 10:40 AM

2004 C240 4Matic
Originally Posted by a1adiver
i have a 2002 C230 Kompressor. The In dash information
LED works when it is cool but as the day progresses and the temperature goes up the information displayed is going bad. This i know is due to age and heat. I am interested in replace this. Is there a post with pictures where someone has done this? Do you need to disconnect the battery to replace this LED pannel? If so will i need a code to re-activate/restart the car. i have seen this posted somewhere But I dont remember where. Any help is appreciated
1st. This board has a search function, the rule of this board is to search first, ask questions if you can't find the answer. This topic has been discussed much as its a common issue. I am having it as well. Its easy to remove the dash after seeing info in this forum, but finding a replacement LCD that works is difficult. If you google search Instrument repair Mercedes you may find companies that, if you send them your instrument cluster will repair it for you. Most places charge about $300 with shipping both ways.

Here if a link to information on this topic that has already been discussed that does have some helpful tips.

https://mbworld.org/forums/c-class-w...uster-lcd.html

Good luck.
Old 09-11-2011, 01:14 PM

2002 C230 Kompressor Coupe
Thanks for the reply. The link you provided did eventually get me to the post I remember. Second. do not be so quick to judge whether or not I used the search function. I did, i spend 30 minutes seaching for this post prior to posting.
Old 09-12-2011, 08:44 AM

2004 C240 4Matic
Originally Posted by a1adiver
Thanks for the reply. The link you provided did eventually get me to the post I remember. Second. do not be so quick to judge whether or not I used the search function. I did, i spend 30 minutes seaching for this post prior to posting.
I am looking at ways to get this fixed to, if I find a way to get it fixed that works that can be beneficial to others I will share.

As a new person to the forums, any time you post a question you will probably be told to search first, what you may want to do, what I do and I have seen others do is in your post if you have a question, mention you have used the search function.

I have a 04 C240 4Matic and love it!