C-Class (W203) 2001-2007, C160, C180, C200, C220, C230, C240, C270, C280, C300, C320, C230K, C350, Coupe

AutoX'd the Coupe this weekend!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-13-2003, 08:07 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unfortunately it has been raining since I pulled the car out of the garage. The car is a lot flatter around decent turns without uprated sways.

I can't do a real baseline because the course will be different but I'll do my best for the write up.

Last edited by nukblazi; 06-13-2003 at 08:15 PM.
Old 06-13-2003, 08:45 PM
MBWorld Founder

ones too fast according to CHP!
Sounds like you did great! Keep it up, driver experience means more than anything! Getting addicted huh????

Thanks

Brad
Old 06-13-2003, 11:29 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Addicted, just a little.....

I've managed to be-friend some great people from two clubs and I am getting alot of excellent advice and guidence from intructors and professional drivers. That is cool. These people where much nicer and more willing to help and assist then I imagined. Everyone from the M Club deserves a lot of credit for their events, courses, and dedication.

Here is the thing, I miss the opportunity to run the first heat. My own fault of course (I was late and lucky to run at all). What this meant was that I only got 4 runs instead of 8. So, standings wise, I placed 11th out of 13th in my class. I can't remember every car, but the ones I do were definately modified, mine was stock. One of the organizers said one of my "raw" times was a 52, but I had lost it and taken out four cones, which left me with a 56 on paper. He said I did well too. It was cool to get unsolicited positive feedback from the organizers and track designers.

I am excited and addicted. I think that raw time is insane considering I lost control on that run. So, I am feeling pretty good. The best time in my class was set by a 74 914 porsche @ 49.775, 2nd was set by an 330ci @ 50.425. Hopefully next time I will do better since I know I lost a couple seconds when I lost it. My best time of the day was 54.399. That was my second run and I hit one cone, so it was a one second penalty.

The only thing that sux is it is supposed to be raining all weekend. My tires are in bad shape, so I don't think it'd be safe to run if the course is wet

Here are the results http://www.themclub.net/tmc_060803ax.htm. Now I just need to be able to afford it...

Thanks, Brad!
Old 06-13-2003, 11:40 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Received 21 Likes on 17 Posts
Fast Cars!
Originally posted by nukblazi
My tires are in bad shape, so I don't think it'd be safe to run if the course is wet

Your tires dont look that bad from your pics.

btw- very off topic. your replies are always huge!!!!!!
Old 06-13-2003, 11:48 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Maybe it'd be a great opportunity to learn how to _really_ control the car on wet surfaces. This is provided that there's nothing too terrible that you could slam into.
Old 06-14-2003, 04:25 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

blackc230coupe;
I know about the posts, I actually trim them down before I post. I am just descriptive, and I type so fast it doesn't even phase me. Do my posts babble incoherently though?

The rears are the ones that are down to the second wear markers. The right rear is flush with it, the left is close. Something you can't see in the pics is the large cracks at the base of each tread block on the front tires. I saved them "for web" in photoshop and lost a lot of quality.

jpb-
Unfortunately, there are lightpoles and curbs, the course are designed to not endanger you, but incidents can, and sometimes do happen.
Old 06-14-2003, 04:31 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Nuts.

Great to read about the clubs you're getting into.

Rained out for now, but hopefully you can get out there soon.
Old 06-14-2003, 04:43 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Hey, it down poured 20 minutes ago, real nasty, and now is is sunny as hell???

I retighted the suspension today, one of my endlinks was loose and making noises.

still no word from who I ordered my sways from??? Getting worried.
Old 06-14-2003, 07:52 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Received 21 Likes on 17 Posts
Fast Cars!
blackc230coupe;
I know about the posts, I actually trim them down before I post. I am just descriptive, and I type so fast it doesn't even phase me. Do my posts babble incoherently though?

The rears are the ones that are down to the second wear markers. The right rear is flush with it, the left is close. Something you can't see in the pics is the large cracks at the base of each tread block on the front tires. I saved them "for web" in photoshop and lost a lot of quality.

jpb-
Unfortunately, there are lightpoles and curbs, the course are designed to not endanger you, but incidents can, and sometimes do happen.
No, dont worry about it, I dont mind long posts.

It sounds like you need new tires pretty soon. Better get them so you can continue the fun.
Old 06-14-2003, 08:14 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

still no word from who I ordered my sways from??? Getting worried.
Hey, if your card was billed you should either have a tracking number or the actual product. At the very least, a phone call from the seller explaining why the product's not delivered...

There's a limited time for disputing a charge, so it might pay to call and be sure the stuff's coming. I almost got burned by one of those fly-by-night computer shops that way, was under the wire by maybe a week.
Old 06-14-2003, 08:55 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Eh- the sways.

I ordered them a about a week ago. I think Sunday night. I called on Monday to get a confirmation, I left a message on the sales machine. Then again on Wed., I called, irritated that I hadn't received a call back. Left another message.

I just called again, left a message.

I didn't think this company was fly-by-night. Er, yeah, so a phone call would have been nice. people on csportcoupe had ordered from them and had no problems. pure-motorsport?

Edit- And they are not. The sway bars were delivered, yesterday. Somehow we had a communication breakdown and I didn't recieve the confirmation email.

Thomas

Last edited by nukblazi; 06-15-2003 at 06:49 PM.