C-Class (W203) 2001-2007, C160, C180, C200, C220, C230, C240, C270, C280, C300, C320, C230K, C350, Coupe

Got into an accident(PICS), I need your help MBWORLD!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-02-2011, 09:45 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2007 c230
its probably goint to be more then 2400$.. once they tear it down..

New Headlamp
Fender is going to be replaced
Blend the hood
blend the front dr door
blend the bumper (make sure they do that.. bc of a lot of shops wont)
1 hours on the hood a lot of contours (not actual time worked)
and make a LKQ/keystone bumper(comes with all the trimings) and maybe the energy absorber behind it
And also if there are any scratches on the wheel then they will recondition your wheel and or replace your tire if any scratches minus betterment

and a bunch of R&I things thats all really
Old 12-02-2011, 09:47 PM

2007 c230
Originally Posted by CoupeCrazy03
. If you were pulling out onto the street and she hit you from the main road I believe you would be at fault since she had the right of way.

she completely has the right away if she was on the road and you were entering the road

its going to play out like this. shes going to state she was driving down the road and you pulled out and hit her.. and the pictures will prove that

Last edited by Norwichdelta06; 12-02-2011 at 09:50 PM.
Old 12-02-2011, 09:53 PM

2005 SLK350
Originally Posted by harrison1277
Thats all so far, Im not sure if I should call the other driver and talk to them or just deal with the insurance i told the other lady id call her in a few days to follow up but I dont want to start an arguement of who is at fault
There's really no point in calling up the other driver unless you guys decided to settle this yourselves without the insurance companies. Explain exactly what happened to your insurance company and give them the other driver's information. At first I thought you were in her blind spot and she merged into you but I guess what it sounds like is she was just switching lanes and you didn't really pay attention and t-boned her.
Old 12-04-2011, 07:18 PM

Kompressor Sport Sedan 05 M271
Originally Posted by LightDragon
I had been involved in a terrible accident a few months ago which cost me a new c-class!!!! I still wanna slay that *****!!!! arrghhh!!!!
that sucks! and man...
you have no idea hahahahaha
Originally Posted by GotDaBenz
I feel your pain! Do you have collision coverage? Looks like it could add up to quite a bit.
I do so this shouldnt be too much

thes estimate came out to about 2.5k
Old 12-04-2011, 07:24 PM

Originally Posted by Norwichdelta06
its probably goint to be more then 2400$.. once they tear it down..

New Headlamp
Fender is going to be replaced
Blend the hood
blend the front dr door
blend the bumper (make sure they do that.. bc of a lot of shops wont)
1 hours on the hood a lot of contours (not actual time worked)
and make a LKQ/keystone bumper(comes with all the trimings) and maybe the energy absorber behind it
And also if there are any scratches on the wheel then they will recondition your wheel and or replace your tire if any scratches minus betterment

and a bunch of R&I things thats all really
They take it apart today or tomorrow so i should know what else is wrong soon, the wheels are untouched though
Originally Posted by Norwichdelta06
she completely has the right away if she was on the road and you were entering the road

its going to play out like this. shes going to state she was driving down the road and you pulled out and hit her.. and the pictures will prove that
Yeah thats what I assumed it will end up as, I check left, shes in left lane, I pull out, she changes into my lane but the only part that gives me reason to try and not take full fault is that I was basically going straight when she hit me so I was completely in the lane... I feel like she wasnt paying attention at some point as well, when we got out of our cars she was speachless, I could tell she didnt know if she was at fault, she didnt want to talk and had to call her husband to come..

Originally Posted by jameslk350
There's really no point in calling up the other driver unless you guys decided to settle this yourselves without the insurance companies. Explain exactly what happened to your insurance company and give them the other driver's information. At first I thought you were in her blind spot and she merged into you but I guess what it sounds like is she was just switching lanes and you didn't really pay attention and t-boned her.
The insurance companies have all the info except for the other drivers statement. they should settle it in a few days
Old 12-04-2011, 11:11 PM

2006 C230 Sedan
In such a case, go through the insurance completely. Not worth the hassel since they will pay for the fix all the way.

Just wondering, why would anyone buy insurance and not use it? Especially when it's not your fault or even if it is, that is what insurance is for. Well, unless you don't have full coverage, but if it's not your fault, regardless the insurance will pay for it.
Old 12-05-2011, 11:14 AM

Originally Posted by 04mbc230
In such a case, go through the insurance completely. Not worth the hassel since they will pay for the fix all the way.

Just wondering, why would anyone buy insurance and not use it? Especially when it's not your fault or even if it is, that is what insurance is for. Well, unless you don't have full coverage, but if it's not your fault, regardless the insurance will pay for it.
Yeah its all through insurance

I tried to stay away from insurance because in august the car was hit while it was parked but AAA screwed me over and ended up putting me at fault (long story) and I just didnt want my rates to go up and higher
Old 12-05-2011, 05:20 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts
2005 C Wagon (No snickering please!)

I tried to stay away from insurance because in august the car was hit while it was parked but AAA screwed me over and ended up putting me at fault (long story) and I just didnt want my rates to go up and higher
It does not matter if you use your insurance or not. They gather information from DMV and other insurance companies. Basically you are allowed one accident, then they raise your rate. Even with only one accident, they surcharge you, which is the same as raising your rates. The only accident that they do not raise rates or surcharge is if you are rear-ended, but you must watch them because the information system is automatic, and always wants to charge you.

Do tell how they determined you were at fault in the case of a parked car. Even if not legally parked, other drivers are not allowed to plow into it.

2.5K seems a tad on the low side for those repairs. The lamp alone is over a grand. I assume you want it painted when they are done with the sheet metal? Done properly, that will be about a grand too. Fender, hood, and bumper for < 500? I dunno.
Old 12-06-2011, 09:32 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 795 Likes on 598 Posts
2019 G70 6MT & 2022 Ford Maverick XL
I agree with $2500 being on the low side.
Old 12-06-2011, 09:39 AM

2004 C240 4Matic

To me. I think the other driver thinks they may be at fault. If it was me and I got in an accident like that, the only reason I would not want to call the police and have them write up a statement is if I thought the accident was my fault. She was in one lane and was moving into another while you tried to pull out. So she probably thinks she hit you not the other way around and wants to keep from getting charged. Or she is driving on a suspended license, or has a warrant out for her arrest or something. If I cloud get the police to prove it was not my fault by having them come to keep my insurance rates from going up I would. Now its in the hands of the insurance companies to duke it out.

Good luck.
Old 12-08-2011, 12:09 AM

05 c230k 6spd
Eh it could have been worse, seems like the w203 did better than her car anyways. If I were you i would take the money, buy some euro impact strips, new headlights (check out my bi-xenons) a new fender online and if you are handy you can install the fender yourself and get everything painted.

The bumper is damaged but could be fixed with some plastic epoxy and putty. I would use this negative experience and turn it into a positive one
Old 12-08-2011, 12:19 AM
a3i

2005 Mercedes C230
Originally Posted by d1no
Eh it could have been worse, seems like the w203 did better than her car anyways. If I were you i would take the money, buy some euro impact strips, new headlights (check out my bi-xenons) a new fender online and if you are handy you can install the fender yourself and get everything painted.

The bumper is damaged but could be fixed with some plastic epoxy and putty. I would use this negative experience and turn it into a positive one
I like this guys positivity
Old 12-09-2011, 09:29 AM

05 C230K Sport

great outlook and +1 for the seamless plug on the headlight sale.
Old 12-09-2011, 01:05 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 35 Likes on 32 Posts
2013 C350 Coupe, 2005 C230K Kleemann Sedan, 2013 GLK350 4matic
I have a set of halogen headlamps in perfect condition for sale. Both for $250 plus ship from Nevada. PM me if interested.
Old 12-09-2011, 10:12 PM

05 c230k 6spd
Originally Posted by drtyjrzy
When stuff breaks is the best time to upgrade anyways
Old 12-15-2011, 02:52 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

C63 AMG
I got into a similar accident like yours, but the other person was at fault and there insurance payed for my car to get repaired. I pretty much had to repair the same things that you also need to. It cost around $4,000 to do all the repairs, then again I went to a really expensive shop, and it took about 2 weeks. Sorry to hear about your accident and hope it works out!
P.s. I was looking threw your other form on your car and its coming along really nicely! I also have a pewter C230 and I am just starting to mod it up. Defiantly going to do what you did to your grill and front bumper I think that looks sick!
Old 12-15-2011, 09:24 PM

Received 50 Likes on 49 Posts
2005 C240 2011 R350
Was she good looking? Did you at least get her phone number? :-))
Old 12-19-2011, 03:06 PM

GUYS IM BACK ILL POST PICS SOON WHEN I HAVE SOME TIME!!

ALSO GOOD NEWS THE OTHER DRIVER WAS CONSIDERED THE DRIVER PRIMARILY AT FAULT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Originally Posted by Moviela
It does not matter if you use your insurance or not. They gather information from DMV and other insurance companies. Basically you are allowed one accident, then they raise your rate. Even with only one accident, they surcharge you, which is the same as raising your rates. The only accident that they do not raise rates or surcharge is if you are rear-ended, but you must watch them because the information system is automatic, and always wants to charge you.

Do tell how they determined you were at fault in the case of a parked car. Even if not legally parked, other drivers are not allowed to plow into it.

2.5K seems a tad on the low side for those repairs. The lamp alone is over a grand. I assume you want it painted when they are done with the sheet metal? Done properly, that will be about a grand too. Fender, hood, and bumper for < 500? I dunno.
The lamp is 200, new too. the final estimate once they dismantled the car ended up at almost $5,000! the story with that, ok so I parallel parked on this crowed road near the beach, i came back to a big dent on the passenger fender, I thought someone vandalized the car but it looked like a large object hit it because of the size of the dent, About2 weeks before that I was ****faced and had one of my friends drive(bad idea dumb blonde) she parked in my friends apartment garage( very small) and scratched one side, very slightly but it left residue of stucco on the side and impact strip, this residual amount lead my insurance to believe I had damaged the car, After a huge and long battle with AAA and leaving my car at a body shop for a month I had to take fault or they wouldent cover me. Also in this recent one the other girl was at fault, so my rate doesnt increase, at least thats what my insurance agent said lol

Originally Posted by LILBENZ230
I agree with $2500 being on the low side.
ended up almost at 5Grand!

Originally Posted by jtalbert
To me. I think the other driver thinks they may be at fault. If it was me and I got in an accident like that, the only reason I would not want to call the police and have them write up a statement is if I thought the accident was my fault. She was in one lane and was moving into another while you tried to pull out. So she probably thinks she hit you not the other way around and wants to keep from getting charged. Or she is driving on a suspended license, or has a warrant out for her arrest or something. If I cloud get the police to prove it was not my fault by having them come to keep my insurance rates from going up I would. Now its in the hands of the insurance companies to duke it out.

Good luck.
thanks for the positive vibes she was at fault
I think thats what she was thinkking as well, she was silent when we got out at first

Eh I had my bodyshop SkillCraft do it, they actually put a whole new bumper! I want some Bix... im looking into the cheaper angel eyes on ebay lol

Originally Posted by a3i
I like this guys positivity

im selling one slightly damaged headlamp, 50$ shipped!

Originally Posted by capt_paul
I have a set of halogen headlamps in perfect condition for sale. Both for $250 plus ship from Nevada. PM me if interested.
maybe one day, hopefully not though lol

glws.. that is a great price!

When stuff breaks is the best time to upgrade anyways
Im in an upgrading mood any suggestions?

Originally Posted by Peydidy
I got into a similar accident like yours, but the other person was at fault and there insurance payed for my car to get repaired. I pretty much had to repair the same things that you also need to. It cost around $4,000 to do all the repairs, then again I went to a really expensive shop, and it took about 2 weeks. Sorry to hear about your accident and hope it works out!
P.s. I was looking threw your other form on your car and its coming along really nicely! I also have a pewter C230 and I am just starting to mod it up. Defiantly going to do what you did to your grill and front bumper I think that looks sick!
Thanks man! love pewter, I actually just redid my grille so the 3 inner slats show the chrome strip... you will see and yea 5grand on the repair! check my thread in a few days hopefully ill have some new stuff up

Originally Posted by efzauner
Was she good looking? Did you at least get her phone number? :-))
Ha.. ha... Let me tell you

Imagine the type of girl who would drive that car

Now add 350 lbs

Now add tacky clothes, moles and a speechless and helpless expression, that was only slightly relieved when her husband arrived and spoke on her behalf

If only she was cute haha but I have a smokin' gf so who cares

now that I think about it,,, when im done modding Ill get a pic of her on my car

Last edited by harrison1277; 12-19-2011 at 03:11 PM.
Old 12-21-2011, 05:24 AM

After its all said and done its back and good as new! almost lol

Old 12-21-2011, 07:43 AM
Super Moderator

Received 58 Likes on 24 Posts
2007 C230SS; 2014 ML350 BT
Looks good. Sure feels good once you get it back in one piece, huh
Old 12-21-2011, 08:33 AM

05 C230K Sport
I'm really diggin the front grille. I might steal that idea. lookin good.
Old 12-21-2011, 11:07 PM

Originally Posted by johnand
Looks good. Sure feels good once you get it back in one piece, huh
you know it!

I'm really diggin the front grille. I might steal that idea. lookin good.
Steal it man! but give me credz hehe