C-Class (W203) 2001-2007, C160, C180, C200, C220, C230, C240, C270, C280, C300, C320, C230K, C350, Coupe

Got into an accident(PICS), I need your help MBWORLD!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-28-2011, 09:49 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Kompressor Sport Sedan 05 M271
Got into an accident(PICS), I need your help MBWORLD!

I was on my lunch break today, wanted to drive across the street to get a drink. Pulled out of the parking lot when the a girl in the second lane changed into mine. Her passenger side front and rear door hit my drivers side fender and bumper. My baby is all screwed up

I have college bills and a new semester coming up in weeks, I cant afford this

What is the cheapest route in fixing this? I plan on buying all the parts I can to cut back on the cost. I have a decent connect at a very reputable body shop so they will give me a good price.

Where should I look for parts? Ebay seems logical Ive bookmarked a few things there, but many of the used part stores near me dont have much for my car or not what I need. Any recommendations or good websites?

From what I can guess I need a new fender, Impact strip, headlight assembly and maybe some more..

The light works fine but many of the brackets and clips are broken or tweaked. The hood is also bent out of alignment.

I will take more in depth pics tomorrow

Thank you so much everyone I really appreciate the help

as promised, some photos

Her car...

Pretty bad? Whatcha think?
Old 11-28-2011, 09:55 PM

Such a bummer to happen once you start putting so much work into the car...
Old 11-28-2011, 09:55 PM
pcy
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 23 Likes on 22 Posts
'14 ML350, '13 C220 CDI, '07 C280, '98 ML320
Sorry to hear about the accident and be happy that no one is injured. Things happen.
Did you file a police report? If the fault is other driver's, her insurance should take care of the cost repair...
Old 11-28-2011, 10:00 PM

Originally Posted by pcy
Sorry to hear about the accident and be happy that no one is injured. Things happen.
Did you file a police report? If the fault is other driver's, her insurance should take care of the cost repair...
I didnt file a police report

I dont know whos fault it will officially be

I would hope 50/50

She could be at fault for changing lanes into mine once I started going, or maybe I could be at fault for pulling out and not noticing she had changed lanes into mine.. Im really not sure

Im glad nobody is hurt, and that this is all that has happened.

Cars should come with bumpers like bumper cars... seriously
Old 11-28-2011, 10:20 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2003 C230 Kompressor Coupe, 2003 E320, 2003 Chevy Corvette Z06
Dang Harry, sorry to see these pics Well you should have filed a police report regardless, it could have helped you with the repairs. You could possibly find parts at the junk yard. Although that fender looks like it can be repaired, you will need to check all the tabs and such, looks like the headlight may need to be replaced, a new impact strip would need to be ordered as well. If you were pulling out onto the street and she hit you from the main road I believe you would be at fault since she had the right of way.
Old 11-29-2011, 12:19 AM
Super Moderator

Received 21 Likes on 20 Posts
THE C350
Not to scare you but That is going to be expensive. The bumper looks like you can fix it but the fender will never be the same I would recommend replacing it and the headlight if tabs are broken. As for the hood that might be simple.
Old 11-29-2011, 12:35 AM

'05 c230 Kompressor SS Mistress
Maybe you can plati dip it :P
just kidding bro

This sucks man, how hard was the impact?
You should have gotten an police report. Repairable yes. Cheap? Questionable.
Goodluck with this man
Glad you are ok
Old 11-29-2011, 02:31 AM

07 C230 (sold) 2009 E63 AMG (SOLD), 2015 E 63 AMG S
DAMN BRO, right when you were building your car nicely. Im pretty sure we ALL know mercedes parts are not cheap but just try and find deals or go to a junk yard...
Old 11-29-2011, 04:32 AM

C230 '05
totally ruined my day seeing that, im sorry man soon enough your baby will be back on track
Old 11-29-2011, 05:32 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
CLK55
Sorry to hear...that sucks!
Old 11-29-2011, 06:17 AM
Out Of Control!!

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
2004 Civic Si. FWD for the Win!
The hood should be able to be worked back into square. The fender, not so much. It should cost around $500 for a new fender, if the work I had done is any measure. I'm not so sure the bumper will ever look new, but you never know.

Good luck.
Old 11-29-2011, 08:41 AM
pcy
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 23 Likes on 22 Posts
'14 ML350, '13 C220 CDI, '07 C280, '98 ML320
Bumper cover and front driv. side quarter panel needs to be replaced and repainted. I am guessing it would cost around $1500. What's the deductible on your insurance?
Old 11-29-2011, 10:29 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 795 Likes on 598 Posts
2019 G70 6MT & 2022 Ford Maverick XL
That's what I was about to ask. Does no one have insurance anymore? I carry the lowest deductibles possible ($250 collision and $0 comprehensive) and I don't stress out about it. They'll handle it.

Her sideswipe seems to have turned the stock wheels into a hideous black that migrated to the mirror! You will probably need to have that fixed, too.
Old 11-29-2011, 10:43 AM

2004 C240 4Matic
I don't know what the laws are in your state. But with the damage that was done between your car and the other persons car. Its a law in VA that you must file a police report if the damage done in an accident is over a certain amount of money.

Too late to get the police involved if the other person does not agree to it. Did you get any contact info from the other driver?

If you have a contact at a body shop, would they give you a good price on parts?

Also whats with the Dodge emblem on the side of your benz?

Good luck getting it fixed.
Old 11-29-2011, 11:35 AM
Super Moderator

Received 177 Likes on 144 Posts
late 2009 CLK 350 Coupe Elegance, '65 Jaguar S Type wires
Sorry to see your baby damaged. That will be an expensive but easy fix as long as no gremlins are found beneath the cosmetics.
Old 11-29-2011, 01:23 PM
MBWorld God!

Received 3,405 Likes on 2,848 Posts
2012 CLS63
what the hell is wrong with people????

hope you get it fixed man.....good luck
Old 11-29-2011, 03:02 PM

w203 M111 E20 ML EVO
hmm a good paint shop can make ur bumper look almost new for 100 dollars, a new indicator light for about lets say 50 dollars ? and a used left fender for hmmm 180 dollars maximum ? its really no big issue man calm down
Old 11-29-2011, 11:53 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2005 c230 kompressor 2003 s500 94 wrangler
i would have been pissed off and beat that girl with an ugly stick
Old 11-29-2011, 11:53 PM

Originally Posted by CoupeCrazy03
Dang Harry, sorry to see these pics Well you should have filed a police report regardless, it could have helped you with the repairs. You could possibly find parts at the junk yard. Although that fender looks like it can be repaired, you will need to check all the tabs and such, looks like the headlight may need to be replaced, a new impact strip would need to be ordered as well. If you were pulling out onto the street and she hit you from the main road I believe you would be at fault since she had the right of way.
I should have, I was in a hurry because I had to go back to work I hope its at least 50/50 shared responsibility

Originally Posted by samaritrey
Not to scare you but That is going to be expensive. The bumper looks like you can fix it but the fender will never be the same I would recommend replacing it and the headlight if tabs are broken. As for the hood that might be simple.
Thats pretty much what im thinkin, the tabs are smashed..

Originally Posted by havoc_vulture
Maybe you can plati dip it :P
just kidding bro

This sucks man, how hard was the impact?
You should have gotten an police report. Repairable yes. Cheap? Questionable.
Goodluck with this man
Glad you are ok
Hahahahah if only..
The impact was really soft, my car is made of metal hers was thin like plastic

Originally Posted by BlkBenz8
DAMN BRO, right when you were building your car nicely. Im pretty sure we ALL know mercedes parts are not cheap but just try and find deals or go to a junk yard...
I might just go through insurance so we will see.. i went to 2 junkyars nothing but older benz

Originally Posted by MbzShah
totally ruined my day seeing that, im sorry man soon enough your baby will be back on track
Soon enough my friend

Originally Posted by togaclk55
Sorry to hear...that sucks!
tell me about it.. lol

Originally Posted by tommy
The hood should be able to be worked back into square. The fender, not so much. It should cost around $500 for a new fender, if the work I had done is any measure. I'm not so sure the bumper will ever look new, but you never know.

Good luck.
who knows my bumper was wrecked when the car was given to me but It came out great at the last body shop

Originally Posted by pcy
Bumper cover and front driv. side quarter panel needs to be replaced and repainted. I am guessing it would cost around $1500. What's the deductible on your insurance?
Not sure yet. Just filed the claim we will see

Originally Posted by LILBENZ230
That's what I was about to ask. Does no one have insurance anymore? I carry the lowest deductibles possible ($250 collision and $0 comprehensive) and I don't stress out about it. They'll handle it.

Her sideswipe seems to have turned the stock wheels into a hideous black that migrated to the mirror! You will probably need to have that fixed, too.
Hahah yea its an ugly car! Hopefully my insurance comes through!

Originally Posted by jtalbert
I don't know what the laws are in your state. But with the damage that was done between your car and the other persons car. Its a law in VA that you must file a police report if the damage done in an accident is over a certain amount of money.

Too late to get the police involved if the other person does not agree to it. Did you get any contact info from the other driver?

If you have a contact at a body shop, would they give you a good price on parts?

Also whats with the Dodge emblem on the side of your benz?

Good luck getting it fixed.
hahah that would be funny
Yes I have their contact info things will start getting fixed soon I hope

Originally Posted by Glyn M Ruck
Sorry to see your baby damaged. That will be an expensive but easy fix as long as no gremlins are found beneath the cosmetics.
I sure hope so
Originally Posted by hyperion667
what the hell is wrong with people????

hope you get it fixed man.....good luck
thanks man

Originally Posted by LightDragon
hmm a good paint shop can make ur bumper look almost new for 100 dollars, a new indicator light for about lets say 50 dollars ? and a used left fender for hmmm 180 dollars maximum ? its really no big issue man calm down
hopefully insurance works out and im just paying the minimum
Old 11-30-2011, 01:17 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts
2005 C Wagon (No snickering please!)
In Cali you can go to any shop you chose, and the insurance company and the shop can haggle prices. Not your worry. You are entitled to genuine parts, and to have the work done to factory specifications. Don't worry about fault or percentage of responsibility. The insurance will pay the bill and settle among themselves. If it was her fault, you can ask the deductible be waived.

Looking at the damage pictures you have some pretty expensive parts and refinishing involved. The front suspension might need to come out to take the chassis for a ride on the Cellette to square the body. Go to House of Imports. They actually have their own body shop. They have all the tools and use factory parts and techniques to do it right.

Don't worry, just get it fixed. With the xmas holiday, you won't need the car for school. They should be able to shoot it out in 2 weeks max.

Good luck!
Old 12-02-2011, 03:54 AM

C230 '05
How are things coming along?
Old 12-02-2011, 09:16 AM

w203 M111 E20 ML EVO
any progress man ?
Old 12-02-2011, 12:50 PM

Originally Posted by Moviela
In Cali you can go to any shop you chose, and the insurance company and the shop can haggle prices. Not your worry. You are entitled to genuine parts, and to have the work done to factory specifications. Don't worry about fault or percentage of responsibility. The insurance will pay the bill and settle among themselves. If it was her fault, you can ask the deductible be waived.

Looking at the damage pictures you have some pretty expensive parts and refinishing involved. The front suspension might need to come out to take the chassis for a ride on the Cellette to square the body. Go to House of Imports. They actually have their own body shop. They have all the tools and use factory parts and techniques to do it right.

Don't worry, just get it fixed. With the xmas holiday, you won't need the car for school. They should be able to shoot it out in 2 weeks max.

Good luck!
Thanks for the advice man, I do believe they should check the suspension

Im not sure if Im just imagining it but the ride seems much less smooth, a bit wobbly off the start..

If her insurance covers they will provide me with a rental as well

Originally Posted by MbzShah
How are things coming along?
I have spoken to the other drivers insurance a few times, I went in and got an estimate from her insurance and they quoted me about $2,400

Im going to call their insurance today again and talk to mine as well

Originally Posted by LightDragon
any progress man ?
Thats all so far, Im not sure if I should call the other driver and talk to them or just deal with the insurance i told the other lady id call her in a few days to follow up but I dont want to start an arguement of who is at fault
Old 12-02-2011, 05:34 PM

w203 M111 E20 ML EVO
I had been involved in a terrible accident a few months ago which cost me a new c-class!!!! I still wanna slay that *****!!!! arrghhh!!!!
Old 12-02-2011, 09:05 PM

'03 C320 Sedan, '04 SAAB 9-3 Cabrio
I feel your pain! Do you have collision coverage? Looks like it could add up to quite a bit.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Got into an accident(PICS), I need your help MBWORLD!