C-Class (W203) 2001-2007, C160, C180, C200, C220, C230, C240, C270, C280, C300, C320, C230K, C350, Coupe

NASA AutoX- June 15 (hehehehe)

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-16-2003, 09:43 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
It'll be hard to see in this pic, but where the red car is was a >90 degree turn, in the middle of it was a nasty hump, full speed would throw me off. I drove as hard as I could into it, breaked hard, then accerated down the bump, it rear would drift a little and it would line you up for the salom really nice.
Attached Thumbnails NASA AutoX- June 15 (hehehehe)-03_003.jpg  
Old 06-16-2003, 09:51 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Again, it'll be hard to see but there is a little cone damage on the side skirt towards the front tire. This isn't normal. I was pushing really hard durning my last run at the event before this one, and I really took out a few cones. There is also dirt, rubber, and whatever from the past two events and inbetween.
Attached Thumbnails NASA AutoX- June 15 (hehehehe)-25_025.jpg  
Old 06-17-2003, 01:06 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
2004 Civic Si. FWD for the Win!
Originally posted by nukblazi
Damn, the above pic sux...
Nice pics! Though the quality makes your "professional" numbers look even worse. .

I'm really hoping that there are events in July - my car should be all set up, and seems like there's no place to go. Maybe we should set up our own course on Rte. 17, and use the other cars on the road as cones?

Are you sure that you're ok with all of the damage that you're going to collect on your ccoupe? You're going for the red-headed stepchild treatment - I'm afraid what it'll look like at the end of the season.
Old 06-17-2003, 07:08 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Tommy, three words...

Sand, Wax, Sticker

I am ok with it. The rewards from driving these events make it worth it. Honestly, I have wanted to do this since I was a kid, my father has been taking me to car shows and races since I was in a stroller. I never though I'd even be able to run a course let alone a track. It's so worth it.

Yea, my numbers rock. I have been looking into having magnetic numbers made.

I've kinda been the redheaded stepchild of mbworld and csportcoupe since the get go. I hate everything everyone else likes, and when I post astetic mods I like, every makes civic comments.

I want the flat black ATS DTMs, the AMG rear bumper, and either a black front splitter or black add-on lip. The lip is +points in the class, and my suspension mods (springs, *sways, **shocks, **race tires) + having a supercharger take me to +14. The lightweight wheels are no points as long as they are the same size as stock. Now with the C7 8.5 being found, I can run 8.5s R 7.5 F with wide rubber. +15 and I am bumped a class. However, the rate I am going, that might be ok. That 39.908 would've been good for 7th place in both E + D classes!

The wheels I want are the lightest wheel I could find for the coupe, they are the ones on the CLK-GTR just black not silver. In other words, I like ugly. Function over form, it is never going to be a *** showcar anyway (I am not Kineda).

*Sitting on my living room floor.
** Currently researching and pricing, comming soon.
Old 06-17-2003, 07:13 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Some more random pics... After all this posting I am just going to leave these lower dpi pics and just post better ones next time.

Hehe, H&R baby!
Attached Thumbnails NASA AutoX- June 15 (hehehehe)-24_024.jpg  
Old 06-17-2003, 07:16 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

*Sitting on my living room floor.
** Currently researching and pricing, comming soon.
Well, if that's what it takes...

Nuk, I don't even know if my wife would let me do that to the sedan. Maybe I should start with some good driving courses.
Old 06-17-2003, 07:22 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Many will disagree with me, but I'd take the coupe anyday. The guy who ran his Z did very well. However, he had suspension, and wheels at least...

The Z in the pics is not the one that ran.
Attached Thumbnails NASA AutoX- June 15 (hehehehe)-23_023.jpg  

Last edited by nukblazi; 06-17-2003 at 07:24 PM.
Old 06-17-2003, 07:27 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Not sure if I posted this one. I am stopped at the end waiting for my time to be announced. I think this is the run I hit the 39.
Attached Thumbnails NASA AutoX- June 15 (hehehehe)-18_018.jpg  
Old 06-17-2003, 07:32 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally posted by jpb5151
Well, if that's what it takes...

Nuk, I don't even know if my wife would let me do that to the sedan. Maybe I should start with some good driving courses.
jpb,

Good idea. Most people say it is best to run a stock car your first season. I decided to go ahead and mod under the encouragement of drivers who said it wouldn't hurt me (having the car do more of the work) as I was already pushing the car to it's physical limits and pumping out really good times.

Now as for the wife, I will be the first to say you have to respect the wife! And the Eibach's might knock her fillings out or give her chest aches So something more mild but still providing an improvement might work best for you, something like the AMG sways, and stock springs when/if you decide to.

*You don't need mods to do this!
Old 06-17-2003, 07:36 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Trying to portray the salom in the beginning of the course.
Attached Thumbnails NASA AutoX- June 15 (hehehehe)-12_012.jpg  
Old 06-17-2003, 07:41 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

E & F classes in staging. Each group was split into 2 heads, so this is have of the cars from the two class + three on the course and 4 in line to run.
Attached Thumbnails NASA AutoX- June 15 (hehehehe)-11_011.jpg  
Old 06-17-2003, 07:45 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

This Andreas and the M3 he was testing for a track race I know nothing about. It is stock suspension because dems da rules at whatever race he was entering it in. He posted sick times.

He is also an excellent instructor.
Attached Thumbnails NASA AutoX- June 15 (hehehehe)-10_010.jpg  
Old 06-17-2003, 07:51 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

After the heat I would drive the car down the access road to get unstressed air over the motor, park it, open the hood with the engine running w/ the heat on to keep it cooler. I also hit the intercooler with some bottled water.
Attached Thumbnails NASA AutoX- June 15 (hehehehe)-05_005.jpg  
Old 06-17-2003, 07:54 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

The back wheel lowered...
Attached Thumbnails NASA AutoX- June 15 (hehehehe)-01_001.jpg  
Old 06-17-2003, 07:58 PM

'05 c240 4matic wagon
Originally posted by tommy
Columbus, I don't think that I will autox the ccoupe. I'd end up babying it way too much, and losing to clowns like nuk.

Besides, I've spent too much on the crx to allow it to sit there gathering dust.
Here's your solution, tommy - you can have the best of both worlds:

https://mbworld.org/forums/showthrea...threadid=42645

(courtesy Off Topic Forum)

:p
Old 06-17-2003, 08:00 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

eh well- that's all the pics I have until the sway bar install, there will be spring install pics in that too... Then, they'll be more if I run this weekend.

I wish more people were interested in this or other MB ameteur motorsports. Would make this more fun... Sometimes I wonder if the BMW clubs would accept me in my MB

I'll check back for replies and see if there is any answers I can provide on getting into this. I love it, I am sure anyone who has experience road rage or aggressive driving would too. I actually drive much calmer on the roads these past two weeks. This is a good thing.

Thomas Miller
Old 06-17-2003, 11:00 PM
Almost a Member!

Subaru WRXB wagon
tommy will be sliding all over the coupe all the way to a back seats with his leather seats from Gucci :p
Old 06-17-2003, 11:23 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

LOL...!

Slip & Slide...
Old 06-19-2003, 10:56 PM
Almost a Member!

Subaru WRXB wagon
For thouse who can't wait:
http://forums.nasioc.com/forums/show...hreadid=376402
Old 06-21-2003, 07:01 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Sergei-

Are you going to the CT CART event?
Old 06-22-2003, 01:28 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Nuk, did you do your autoX? Good? Bad? ???
Old 06-22-2003, 01:40 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

heh-

I wanted to, I was planning to.

Some friends called me last night (they have jobs and money) and they haven't been around for a while, and they are leaving next weekend for various different vacations.

So I am here and hungover, no race for me today. I actually regret going out but I had fun. A week of test driving on the street and getting used to the new suspension set up won't hurt.

Thanks for asking though. It's cool to know you're interested!!!!

Need to go get advil, I'll be lurking the boards today.
Old 06-22-2003, 08:12 PM
Almost a Member!

Subaru WRXB wagon
Bad Andy!!!

I think I am going to HPDE at Pocono's:
http://www.nasanortheast.org/php/regevent.php

They have sale now for $130, poblem for me that it's Friday, I will try to sneak out from work (gosh I am already have a bad heartik but I think it's from too much pondring how to get away that day )
I am actually was borred today and drove to Pocono raceway, just to look around. Was very interesting to stay under pouring rain to watch some private event, one race prepared yellow Porshe was really rocking.
Old 06-23-2003, 12:38 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Haha, bad monkey, no banana! My name is Tom btw, which is ok, I forgot your name until Colombus posted it.

Ok. nybmwcca is having an event at Nassua Coliseum on Sat. I am going to hit that up then the Bear Mtn. Lexus, BMW, Audi, MB(now) meet on Sunday.

So if you can't get off of work, there is always that. I wanted to go to this one but I was actually told I didn't miss much. The course was appearently more set up for big HP cars. the cca event should rock...

Heloooo other MB owners? What is wrong with you people? This stuff is more fun then golf, I swear.
Old 06-23-2003, 07:29 AM
Almost a Member!

Subaru WRXB wagon
Haha, bad monkey, no banana! My name is Tom btw, which is ok, I forgot your name until Colombus posted it.

Ok. nybmwcca is having an event at Nassua Coliseum on Sat. I am going to hit that up then the Bear Mtn. Lexus, BMW, Audi, MB(now) meet on Sunday.

So if you can't get off of work, there is always that. I wanted to go to this one but I was actually told I didn't miss much. The course was appearently more set up for big HP cars. the cca event should rock...

Heloooo other MB owners? What is wrong with you people? This stuff is more fun then golf, I swear.
I know Tom. I just used line from TV commercial; "Good pizza, bad Andy" :p
Yeah, MB people, no one into DTM staff?
I swear if I had money and desire to buy a CLK I would turn it into DTM monster.

By the way yesturday pull out from red light with CL500 and untill 100 mph was even, but than guy just dropped. I was surprised, I thought I will be, like 1 car lengh behind
Maybe he didn't tried too hard and eventually desided "Let that guy in a blue wagon to wreck his car, I'd better slow down..."
Attached Thumbnails NASA AutoX- June 15 (hehehehe)-dtm-merc0.jpg  

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: NASA AutoX- June 15 (hehehehe)