C-Class (W203) 2001-2007, C160, C180, C200, C220, C230, C240, C270, C280, C300, C320, C230K, C350, Coupe

Kleemann dealers!! Are they trustworthy???

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-19-2003, 08:28 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C200K
Kleemann dealers!! Are they trustworthy???

I came to know Kleemann on the internet, and I found out they produce pulley for my C200K which they allege can increase output to 200hp. Attracted by this number, I am interested to buy one.

I sent e-mails to Kleemann USA asking to buy one, which I was told it costs me US$899. After I placed an order for 2 weeks, I was told they no longer produce alloy pulleys but they can sell me the ring type instead for US$599. But I am only interested in the alloy ones.

Then I contacted their dealers elsewhere to look for an alloy pulley. Finally their Malaysian dealer told me that they can sell me an alloy pulley for the same price, that is, US$899. Together with postage I paid a total sum of US$960.

Guess what!!! Today I received the package which is a ring type pulley. And I am soooooo fxxking pissed off........

I paid an extra US$300 for something that I dont want, besides if I really wanna buy the ring type, I can get it for US$599.......

It appears that this Kleemann dealer is not setting up a good image for Kleemann

So what can I do now???
Old 06-19-2003, 10:20 AM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

You need to call back the Malaysian dealer, clean up the confusion about how you could have gotten an alloy pulley (which were made and sold exclusively in the USA). What other K dealers around the world charge for parts is affected by currency exchange, their buying price, local markets etc. You cannot expect two countries 8,000 miles apart to sell for the same price.

I have brought this matter to the attention of KLEEMANN DK- lets see what we can do. It starts with you calling Malaysia!
Old 06-19-2003, 12:09 PM

C200K
I just hope those who have read this forum will be extra caution whenever buying products through the net!!!!!!

I acknowledge that different country might have different selling price but it cant be 50% more besides it is not subject to any tax in Malaysia nor here

Anyway I hope I wont get any troble from using this pulley
Old 06-19-2003, 12:27 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Or you can get the ASP pulley, still made for $650 or get the Vaeth pulley, I think it's about 1.800 euros or Renntech, it's about $1,600 or the Carlsson in Germany, it's also about 1,800 euros. Why even worry about Kleemann if they no longer make the alloy pulley anywhere, it's not an issue.
Old 06-19-2003, 02:32 PM

2017 GLE 350 Wifey, 2005 C55 AMG
Not to sound like an *** here, but general rule of thumb is- dont buy a rolex ,a ******* ,or a pulley kit from Malaysia. Hope you can get that bullsh#&@*t cleared up-MOE
Old 06-19-2003, 05:30 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2002 C230 Coupe
If you decide to use the ring pulley, can you ask them to at leat refund the price difference??
Old 06-19-2003, 05:59 PM

2003 MB C230K Sports Sedan
Re: Kleemann dealers!! Are they trustworthy???

Originally posted by pcbchow
I came to know Kleemann on the internet, and I found out they produce pulley for my C200K which they allege can increase output to 200hp. Attracted by this number, I am interested to buy one.

I sent e-mails to Kleemann USA asking to buy one, which I was told it costs me US$899. After I placed an order for 2 weeks, I was told they no longer produce alloy pulleys but they can sell me the ring type instead for US$599. But I am only interested in the alloy ones.

Then I contacted their dealers elsewhere to look for an alloy pulley. Finally their Malaysian dealer told me that they can sell me an alloy pulley for the same price, that is, US$899. Together with postage I paid a total sum of US$960.

Guess what!!! Today I received the package which is a ring type pulley. And I am soooooo fxxking pissed off........

I paid an extra US$300 for something that I dont want, besides if I really wanna buy the ring type, I can get it for US$599.......

It appears that this Kleemann dealer is not setting up a good image for Kleemann

So what can I do now???
Call Evosport.. They sell Kleeman products.. speak to Simon or Brad.. let them know i sent you over.. I have spent many thousands of dollars so far with them and have yet to have a problem

-Alex
Old 06-19-2003, 10:09 PM

C200K
Re: Re: Kleemann dealers!! Are they trustworthy???

I shall also add that I did give them an address of one of the forums here which has a pic of the alloy pulley, and they confirmed that it is the same as the one that I am getting.

Originally posted by alevy
Call Evosport.. They sell Kleeman products.. speak to Simon or Brad.. let them know i sent you over.. I have spent many thousands of dollars so far with them and have yet to have a problem

-Alex
If I knew, I would have get it from from Evo or some other type as suggested by Buellwinkle. I guess its too late now

Anyway I think it is pretty unlikely that I am gonna get a refund, if you were them I suppose you will do the same thing too

I just have to be smart next time
Old 06-20-2003, 07:40 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

r171
Originally posted by moedigga
Not to sound like an *** here, but general rule of thumb is- dont buy a rolex ,a ******* ,or a pulley kit from Malaysia. Hope you can get that bullsh#&@*t cleared up-MOE
AWWW!!! comon!! i would definately buy a ******* from malaysia!!!! jesus you dont know what you are talkin about. the chinese prostitutes in Singapore are all from Malaysia.... i'd agree with you on the rest of the statement... but the ******* thing....... maybe you should go there and try... they are good hahaha im goin next week!!
Old 06-20-2003, 09:48 AM

Originally posted by CarlssonCRS
AWWW!!! comon!! i would definately buy a ******* from malaysia!!!! jesus you dont know what you are talkin about. the chinese prostitutes in Singapore are all from Malaysia.... i'd agree with you on the rest of the statement... but the ******* thing....... maybe you should go there and try... they are good hahaha im goin next week!!
You better double up on the skins for your bad boy!!hehe
Old 06-20-2003, 11:13 AM

2002 C230 Coupe Black/Charcoal C5 C7 Auto
Originally posted by moedigga
You better double up on the skins for your bad boy!!hehe
Maybe u're thinking of Thailand, but then they are right next to each other. Man I havent been to any of those countries in like 10 yrs

*Although it sux about the pulley issue I still think a call is warranted.

Last edited by tberry; 06-20-2003 at 11:20 AM.
Old 06-20-2003, 11:38 AM

C200K
All Malaysian pros have to pass a health check before they can start to "work" and the max period that they can stay in Singapore is only 30 days.....
So I guess its "pretty safe"

But a rubber can always save your life

Well back to my pulley..... I gave them a call today, but as I have expected no constructive reply, I was told that the person responsible will return my call. But obviosuly he did not.

I guess I just have to live with it. After all I hope a ring pulley is not that "bad". right!!!!

But for the extra US$300 I have paid for the ring pulley I can get many ********......
Old 06-20-2003, 02:21 PM

With that pulley kit installed the ladies will be paying you for the chance to blow!!! Ah Yeah!!-MOE
Old 06-20-2003, 05:38 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
PBChow, a large percentage of people on this forume that had the ring pulley no longer have it. The biggest reason is problems with the s/c breaking and the other is the pulley coming loose. That doesn't mean that everyone has had a problem with it, just means you have to be very careful with the installation. Make sure the set screws are torqued down to spec, use lots of locktite. Also make sure that the ring is aligned perfectly to the pulley, any misalignment may cause problems.
Old 06-20-2003, 05:48 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

r171
moedigga: u've never even been there. you probably think singapore is somethird world country where they grow rice. prostitution is legal there... so that and being combined with the fact that singapore is the cleanest city in the world, i think it would be pretty safe.... and like pbchow said, they all have to get checked very often... ive never encountered any problems with the girls there.
Old 06-20-2003, 05:54 PM

2002 C230 Coupe Black/Charcoal C5 C7 Auto
haha...its funny how many of the ppl on this forum/board has been to that part of the world. and yeah some ppl prob think Singapore is some backwater country...tsk tsk....its quite beautiful and exceptionally clean (of course last time i was there was prob around 90-91). Didnt realize prostitution is legal there and they fine u when u dont flush the damn toilets...go figure.

*funny note aside, when I was at c spot drive party, there were a few older gentlemen (in there late 40s+) with younger ladies (late 20s to mid 30s)....quite a few of them...and i dont think its their daughters. Just trying to gauge the typical MB owner/driver
Old 06-20-2003, 06:26 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

r171
yes it is a beautiful place. i used to live there. most benz owners are financially capable of visiting such a place, thats why many seem to have been there.... a lot of benz owners are from asia too.
Old 06-21-2003, 06:52 PM

Originally posted by CarlssonCRS
moedigga: u've never even been there. you probably think singapore is somethird world country where they grow rice. prostitution is legal there... so that and being combined with the fact that singapore is the cleanest city in the world, i think it would be pretty safe.... and like pbchow said, they all have to get checked very often... ive never encountered any problems with the girls there.
Im sure its a wonderful part of the world. People on this board have to stop taking everything so literally. It was just a joke!! peaceout-MOE