C-Class (W203) 2001-2007, C160, C180, C200, C220, C230, C240, C270, C280, C300, C320, C230K, C350, Coupe

Key not working immobiliser

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-04-2012, 01:30 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
W203
Key not working immobiliser

I have a problem where when I place the key in my W203 2.7 it does not work the immobiliser, it works the central locking OK, but i cannot turn it in the ignition, BUT if I disconnect the battery for around a minute then try it it works and i can start the car. If I stop car and try start again it usually works OK, it is just when car is left over about an hour or more I have the problem. Car battery seems OK.

Any one any ideas? did get someone to run a diagnostic check on it and it reported "incorrect voltage at intrument cluster", could this be the cause? The only non genuine parts fitted to the car are a Bluetooth hands free phone kit, this was fit when I bought the car.

I have only recently bought the car, one thing of note, the radio did not work, checked all the onvious, fuses etc, then got a second hand radio, this worked fine (it was only after fitting the second hand radio the problem of not starting seemed to start) today I removed the radio I fitted and just tried the old radio back in car, even though it had not previously worked, lo and behold, radio worked, but problem with key still persists.

Any help appreciated
Old 09-30-2018, 07:58 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mercedes benz b class
Originally Posted by repairer
I have a problem where when I place the key in my W203 2.7 it does not work the immobiliser, it works the central locking OK, but i cannot turn it in the ignition, BUT if I disconnect the battery for around a minute then try it it works and i can start the car. If I stop car and try start again it usually works OK, it is just when car is left over about an hour or more I have the problem. Car battery seems OK.

Any one any ideas? did get someone to run a diagnostic check on it and it reported "incorrect voltage at intrument cluster", could this be the cause? The only non genuine parts fitted to the car are a Bluetooth hands free phone kit, this was fit when I bought the car.

I have only recently bought the car, one thing of note, the radio did not work, checked all the onvious, fuses etc, then got a second hand radio, this worked fine (it was only after fitting the second hand radio the problem of not starting seemed to start) today I removed the radio I fitted and just tried the old radio back in car, even though it had not previously worked, lo and behold, radio worked, but problem with key still persists.

Any help appreciated
i know this was a while ago but did you find out what was wrong? I am having the same problem.