C-Class (W203) 2001-2007, C160, C180, C200, C220, C230, C240, C270, C280, C300, C320, C230K, C350, Coupe

living the dream

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-07-2012, 10:08 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
05 C230K Sport
living the dream

i figured since i finally broke down and bought a laptop instead of using my iphone as my only computer, why not make thread about my car. its a little more user friendly now, and i have some spare time. i bought my 230k back in april of last year and have loved almost every day of it.

here is my car the day i bought her

bone stock and feeling a little neglected

first thing first, i hate fm radio, i had to get a sirius reciever in quick. i wasnt about to put a suction cup on the dash of a benz so

i cut out the ashtray with a dremel, while my buddy looked at me like i was crazy, and made a home for my sportster 5. along with the audio input in the glove compartment, i was rolling with sirius once again.

then shortly after, i felt the need to hide from the dirty looks, you know, the "how is this kid half my age drivin a mercedes and i'm in a kia" looks. but i couldnt go too crazy because jersey laws suck

but 35% all the way around seemed to do the trick.

then i decided the next step was to get rid of those stock wheels since the clear coat was chipping anyway. so i ordered up lorenzo 18" staggered wheels with pirelli p zero nero tires. i was waiting for the fed ex guy like a kid for santa

right after the wheels went on i had a a/c compressor failure, that took the last of my mod money, and then i rolled into birthday season (3 kids and the little woman in less than 12 weeks) and then right into xmas. having to go thrifty i worked on the black carbon fiber wrap on the center console (no pics yet)

this past weekend i just completed my brake job, full akebono ceramics all the way around, and driiled rotors front and rear. while i was in there i painted my calipers, black in back and blue up front. i will take a few pics soon.

i have few more things in mind, i want to look into coilovers, exhaust, and maybe an ecu tune. i also need to touch base again with trey about hooking up to star and changing a few things. but for the moment i am content.

i welcome all comments, suggestions, criticizm or just plain old conversation
Old 03-07-2012, 11:24 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
10 Tahoe LT, 07 Silverado Z71, 99 BMW R1100RT
I'm kind of on the fence about the wheels, but otherwise the car looks great. Blue calipers sound a bit strange to me, though. I'm assuming they are at least dark blue, right?

The Sirius installation looks good. I've tried to find a good spot for the Pioneer Inno XM in my daughter's car but I just have it sitting in the glovebox because I haven't figured out a good spot yet. You might just have helped me a lot, though!
Old 03-08-2012, 03:43 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'05 C200K SS, '05 Kleemann CLK500K, '08 Hummer H3 & '92 Z34 5sp (track car in Canada)
Those wheels don't look too bad IMO. Certainly unique.
Old 03-08-2012, 03:53 AM

I drive a Toyota Hybrid...
you don't need to lower, the car look low enough
Old 03-08-2012, 04:38 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts
06 C230 SS 6spd
can never go too low.
Old 03-08-2012, 07:00 AM

05 C230K Sport
Originally Posted by TexFinn
I'm kind of on the fence about the wheels, but otherwise the car looks great. Blue calipers sound a bit strange to me, though. I'm assuming they are at least dark blue, right?

The Sirius installation looks good. I've tried to find a good spot for the Pioneer Inno XM in my daughter's car but I just have it sitting in the glovebox because I haven't figured out a good spot yet. You might just have helped me a lot, though!
to be honest, the wheels were not exactly what i was looking for, but do to the horrible shape of the tires when i bought the car i was bit rushed. that being said, they have grown on me alot.
i will try to get a better picture of the sirius for you.
Old 03-08-2012, 07:01 AM

13 Jeep JKU Sahara w/4" lift Kit & the works,2015 Toyota Sienna XLE,2013 Hyundai Sonata Hybrid
looks good home boy....where in jersey r u? I am located in Princeton area ever wann meet up to hang or work on the car lemme know.....
Old 03-08-2012, 07:03 AM

05 C230K Sport
Originally Posted by Kevwood
Those wheels don't look too bad IMO. Certainly unique.
unique is exactly what i was going for. there are a ton of mercs in jersey and all on stock wheels, tried to stand out a bit. and week two of the weels i saw clk with the same wheels
Old 03-08-2012, 07:03 AM

05 C230K Sport
Originally Posted by phister
can never go too low.
Old 03-08-2012, 07:06 AM

05 C230K Sport
Originally Posted by Javvy
looks good home boy....where in jersey r u? I am located in Princeton area ever wann meet up to hang or work on the car lemme know.....
thanks bro, i am midway between philly and ac. a town called cedarbrook, basically williamstown. we can definitley get together sometime, like i said in my original post i have few more ideas that second set of hands wouldnt hurt. and same for you if you need some help, working on cars is like my therapy
Old 03-08-2012, 07:07 AM

13 Jeep JKU Sahara w/4" lift Kit & the works,2015 Toyota Sienna XLE,2013 Hyundai Sonata Hybrid
but still you are w203 sedan so that is still different...

here are some pics of my ride......i hope you dont mind .......

the head lights were depo destroyed them doing a hybrid retro of replacing the projectors with better quality bi-xenon ones....so am back to stock head lights, but recently stnached an awa some retro fitted set whihc will go on preppty soon. Also have an OEM NAV put in which I got for real cheap.....pm me and will let you know from where........

javvy

Last edited by Javvy; 03-08-2012 at 07:10 AM.
Old 03-08-2012, 07:32 AM

05 C230K Sport
Originally Posted by Javvy
but still you are w203 sedan so that is still different...

here are some pics of my ride......i hope you dont mind .......

the head lights were depo destroyed them doing a hybrid retro of replacing the projectors with better quality bi-xenon ones....so am back to stock head lights, but recently stnached an awa some retro fitted set whihc will go on preppty soon. Also have an OEM NAV put in which I got for real cheap.....pm me and will let you know from where........

javvy
sweet, if it's not too expensive I might think about that, I have been looking at the dynavin, and another that I forget the name, that have the oem look, but oem would be better. car looks good, no tint?

Last edited by drtyjrzy; 03-08-2012 at 07:35 AM.