C-Class (W203) 2001-2007, C160, C180, C200, C220, C230, C240, C270, C280, C300, C320, C230K, C350, Coupe

My C is hurting

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-19-2012, 07:06 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I drive a Toyota Hybrid...
speed bumps with coilover feels like **** sex
Old 04-19-2012, 07:25 PM
Banned

2010 SLK350
I'm so sorry, but someone has got to be the first to say it.

And how do you know what **** sex feels like to compare? :-p
Old 04-19-2012, 07:36 PM

Originally Posted by RedStripe
I'm so sorry, but someone has got to be the first to say it.

And how do you know what **** sex feels like to compare? :-p
get in the shower i will show u
Old 04-19-2012, 08:59 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

C63 AMG
Originally Posted by tommy
That looks fine to me.

That same Autozone can check your CELs for free, btw, if you don't feel like buying the reader now. But it's always a wise investment to get one anyway.
Ya I figure I might as well get one because I can use it on the coupe to
Originally Posted by CaliC23k
Actually technically AutoZones, Kragen/O'Reillys, etc. aren't supposed to do that for you now. State of California, in their infinite need to control every single aspect of our lives, has decided that it is unfair to mechanics if people can find out what is wrong with their cars for free and passed a law banning auto parts stores from lending OBDII's. But usually if you are nice and know a bit about working on cars you can convince one of the employees to lend you their personal ones. At least that is what I did until I bought my own.
Correct, I went down there yesterday and they said the same thing, I went back today and bought one, what a stupid law though

I don't live in Cali, but in my area the part's stores can lend you the store's reader with your license in on trade, but they cant come check it for you like they used to (was always annoyed by that anyway!)
Cali laws for ya

Originally Posted by kirax2
speed bumps with coilover feels like **** sex
I thing there even more smother then my sedan which is on stock suspension as along as you don't go to fast over them
Old 04-19-2012, 09:01 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

C63 AMG
Update

So I bought a code reader and conected to my car and it says no codes.

I got the wheel problem fixed though. It ends up the rear wheels just weren't tighten as tight as they needed to be. After I tighten them the wheel sound problem went away. Still trying to figure out the harsh start thing
Old 04-20-2012, 04:04 PM

wheel bearing?? maybe not... never have that kind of problems in any of my cars
Old 04-20-2012, 04:13 PM
Banned

2010 SLK350
Originally Posted by kirax2
get in the shower i will show u
o
m
g

roflmao

Old 04-20-2012, 04:15 PM

o
m
g

roflmao

geez u ever "do it" in a SLK??
Old 04-20-2012, 04:25 PM

Kompressor Sport Sedan 05 M271
Peydidy I feel for ya

Good luck with all, It scares me and makes me happy at the same time that im at 110k with no problems yet. I hope you get it all settled!!
Old 04-22-2012, 03:55 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

C63 AMG
Wheel problems gone so I dont think its the wheel bearing jordan, and harrison its great to see our cars go that long without having any problems, hope myn does too and more for the both of the PPC any luck with the search for a new car? I had been looking for a C55 but after seeing how low our car values are I don't know if I should right now
Old 04-24-2012, 10:29 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 795 Likes on 598 Posts
2019 G70 6MT & 2022 Ford Maverick XL
So are you driving the sedan again? Or still parked pending being checked out?
Old 04-30-2012, 02:02 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

C63 AMG
Sorry for the late reply, didn't notice your reply till now. I stopped driving the car for a week. Then I changed the intake filter to a way bigger one which was new of course. The car starts like a champ now. I don't know if it was relevant to the filter or if it is just because the weather has warmed up alot. I still want to get it checked out and make sure its 100% ok. I am waiting for my pay check to come in the first of the month and I will take it to MB for a oil change and have them check out the issue while its there. Another thing, do most of you guys do transmission flushes and brake flushes your self or have the dealer do it? I am well over do for one myself.
Old 04-30-2012, 08:49 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
2014 E350, 2006 C350 Sport(made it to 280k, loved it!), 1990 300E
Originally Posted by Peydidy
I am waiting for my pay check to come in the first of the month and I will take it to MB for a oil change and have them check out the issue while its there. Another thing, do most of you guys do transmission flushes and brake flushes your self or have the dealer do it? I am well over do for one myself.
What you should do is get an oil change and brake flush at the dealer. Or indy, D.I.Y. Make sure you use that $100 off coupon for those 2 things if you go the dealer route. The tranny flush you should D.I.Y or go to an indy. Much cheaper than the dealer. Call the stealer yourself and ask them how much for the tranny service. Real eye opener
Old 04-30-2012, 01:17 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

I have my indy do it. Those type intakes don't benefit the M271.. I'd still be suspicious. Maybe you need to clean the MAF.
Old 04-30-2012, 02:35 PM

Kompressor Sport Sedan 05 M271
Wheel problems gone so I dont think its the wheel bearing jordan, and harrison its great to see our cars go that long without having any problems, hope myn does too and more for the both of the PPC any luck with the search for a new car? I had been looking for a C55 but after seeing how low our car values are I don't know if I should right now
No luck yet, found a few about an hour from where I live, I may just test drive one for the fun of it. True, our cars aren't worth much anymore, what A shame

Lets sell our cars together we can buy an e55 and trade off each week
Old 04-30-2012, 09:23 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

C63 AMG
Originally Posted by harrison1277
No luck yet, found a few about an hour from where I live, I may just test drive one for the fun of it. True, our cars aren't worth much anymore, what A shame

Lets sell our cars together we can buy an e55 and trade off each week
To be honest I think E's are to big for me, don't get me wrong I would early take one over my car any day. If I had to choose between buying a E55 or a C55 though I think I would take the C. Hows this, we sell both our cars and buy a C55 and a C32 and trade off between those every week of course they would both have to be pewter and plasi dipped

Originally Posted by LILBENZ230
I have my indy do it. Those type intakes don't benefit the M271.. I'd still be suspicious. Maybe you need to clean the MAF.
Ya I don't think I have any real gains, mostly just in my mind probably. Also how would I go about cleaning the MAF? something I could do my self or need to take somewhere to have done?

Originally Posted by kluvsbenz
What you should do is get an oil change and brake flush at the dealer. Or indy, D.I.Y. Make sure you use that $100 off coupon for those 2 things if you go the dealer route. The tranny flush you should D.I.Y or go to an indy. Much cheaper than the dealer. Call the stealer yourself and ask them how much for the tranny service. Real eye opener
Thats what I was thinking too at first but then when I asked the dealer how much for a break flush they said 220, so I might as well do that and use the 100 off coupon and then do someone else with a oil change and use another coupon. As for the brake flush they said to do it every 2 years, is that how often you guys do it? Trany flush I got quoted 550 , Seems pretty steeped, I would rather just do it my self, any Idea how hard it would be and if theres a pump I should buy or something like that? I will check the DIY stickys right after I finish typing this also.
Old 04-30-2012, 09:36 PM
Super Moderator

Received 21 Likes on 20 Posts
THE C350
If I can do a full transmission fluid change/flush any one can... Ok except matt he is useless.
But everyone else can I did mine with the car on ramps and jack stands but would recommend a lift if at all possible to make it go faster and easier. We can give you a list and even a diy pdf and you will be good to go. I figure you can do it for around $100 all said and done and then a case of beer for yourself.
Old 04-30-2012, 09:40 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

C63 AMG
wow $100?! good deal! how could I get that DIY PDF? that would be a world of help, appreciate it trey!
Old 04-30-2012, 10:44 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Thats what I was thinking too at first but then when I asked the dealer how much for a break flush they said 220, so I might as well do that and use the 100 off coupon and then do someone else with a oil change and use another coupon.
220 for a brake flush Wow, the most I heard was 185 at the highest in NJ. They charge less at my dealer, I believe 140 off the top of my head. That's high to me. You making me rethink my future move to Cali, my friend Every 2 years or 26k miles is what's in the book for the brake flush.
Old 05-01-2012, 05:31 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

C63 AMG
$140s pretty good, I am going to call this other dealer in fremont which is about 20-30 mins away from my house and see how much they quote me for, I had my EIS replaced there and the SA there was a lot nicer then all the ones I have had at the pleasanton MB (I have had repairs and work done threw every single SA in the pleasanton dealer). Usually Fremont has better pricing too. If they give me a lower price then I will just have my dad drive my car on his way to work and drop it off before work and pick it up after, his works only a few miles away from the fremont dealership. I think so funny when he drives my car to work with him though because he is a college professor and the car looks so out of place in the staff parking. Every time he has taken it to work the the security there writes him a ticket thinking its a student parking in the staff parking, he just gives it to the office there though and they sign it off.
Old 05-01-2012, 11:08 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by samaritrey
Ok except matt he is useless.
I'd like to report this post. Trey,

No arguments here. I do not like to work on a car.. scares me. But the 722.6 is apparently not at all that difficult, especially when compared to the 722.9.
Old 05-01-2012, 07:16 PM
Super Moderator

Received 21 Likes on 20 Posts
THE C350
Go ahead and report it I will just delete it
Old 05-02-2012, 10:10 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

$140s pretty good, I am going to call this other dealer in fremont which is about 20-30 mins away from my house and see how much they quote me for, I had my EIS replaced there and the SA there was a lot nicer then all the ones I have had at the pleasanton MB (I have had repairs and work done threw every single SA in the pleasanton dealer). Usually Fremont has better pricing too. If they give me a lower price then I will just have my dad drive my car on his way to work and drop it off before work and pick it up after, his works only a few miles away from the fremont dealership. I think so funny when he drives my car to work with him though because he is a college professor and the car looks so out of place in the staff parking. Every time he has taken it to work the the security there writes him a ticket thinking its a student parking in the staff parking, he just gives it to the office there though and they sign it off.
I actually looked at my invoice for the brake flush and it was 160 and the oil change was 105. They took 10% off and 100 coupon and it was $159 for both services. Not bad for a stealer Anyway, this had me wondering about how these dealers set their pricing. Newton(NJ) which is just across the line from PA charges 185 for brake flush and $185 for an oil change. Why such a disparity in pricing? Knopf in Allentown(PA) charges $150 for a brake flush and $120 for an oil change. Those 2 dealers are close to me but I've been only to Newton dealership. I went there because I just moved to the area and just wanted the work done. Convenient and all. However, since I work in NJ, Morristown MB and Globe in Fairfield are my go to stealers. They are close to my office. Both of my indys are close to those 2 stealers so it works for me as well.
Old 05-02-2012, 04:29 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

C63 AMG
I think it's pretty stupid how they all haw different pricing, I think it should be set pricing. For example the dealer in Pleasanton doesn't aply the $150 few that they charge to find out what's wrong with your car, the one in Fremont aplyed it to your total repair costs. I think there pricing also has to do with how nice (rich) the surpunding area of the dealer is too