C-Class (W203) 2001-2007, C160, C180, C200, C220, C230, C240, C270, C280, C300, C320, C230K, C350, Coupe

Oggle: update on the clear bra

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-06-2003, 04:58 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts
Mercedes-Benz
Oggle: update on the clear bra

Well I washed the car today, the bra becomes very visible when the car is dirty. It seems to attract dirt, not really sure tho, but if you wash it weekly it is virtually invisible. There are little dots all over my bumper thats due to overspray from the tire dressing bottle and it wont come off. I am going to try and get it off by buffing it with an abrasive compound or using clay. Overall: I am still happy i got the bra cuz my front end is chip free, unlike my lexus which got 5 paint chips the first 2 weeks of ownership . I also applied 4 coats of aquapel on the front windshield and 2 on my front 2 side windows. I will keep you guys posted on how well it works.
Old 07-06-2003, 05:01 PM
Super Moderator

Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts
2003 CL55 AMG
Tire dressing is known to discolor many types of plastics. Let us know if buffing removes the spots.
Old 07-06-2003, 08:10 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
E320
Thanks for the update. I still haven't gotten the clear bra on my car, mostly because I don't know who to use or trust. If only you were local to me then I could use the same guy.
Old 07-06-2003, 09:29 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts
Mercedes-Benz
Originally posted by oggle
Thanks for the update. I still haven't gotten the clear bra on my car, mostly because I don't know who to use or trust. If only you were local to me then I could use the same guy.
i suggest going to local benz dealers and looking at the cars they have on the show room with cars that have a clear bra. I know around here they have cars on the floor with a bra on it.
Old 07-06-2003, 10:43 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

E320
Originally posted by AlBoston
i suggest going to local benz dealers and looking at the cars they have on the show room with cars that have a clear bra. I know around here they have cars on the floor with a bra on it.
Hmmm good idea... although I dont' recall seeing any car at the dealers with the bra installed. Guess it's time for me to go there and harass them again.
Old 07-07-2003, 03:53 AM

'03 c320wz
do what i do for the tire dressing. i use mcquires however you spell it. its this grape scented one. i use a sponge to apply it. it works wonders!!!!! at first being a nubi with this type of tire dressing i over applied. and it got all over my sides!!! if anyone is interested in the brand i shall go look at my bottle tomorrow for the specific name.
Old 07-07-2003, 02:40 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
GL450, Sienna SE
Originally posted by intakex
do what i do for the tire dressing. i use mcquires however you spell it. its this grape scented one. i use a sponge to apply it. it works wonders!!!!! at first being a nubi with this type of tire dressing i over applied. and it got all over my sides!!! if anyone is interested in the brand i shall go look at my bottle tomorrow for the specific name.
Meguairs Tire Dressing is great! Smells so gooood! LOL. Works good too.
Old 07-08-2003, 02:10 AM

'14 A6 3.0 TFSI
I've never heard of scented tire dressing. I work for a tire store, so use what they have (just switched from Eagle One WET to Heavy Metal products). Both seem to work well. Using a sponge greatly reduced overspray/over application. There are also wheel guards (black plastic units that cover the wheels when spraying tire dressing) that come in all sizes. I use a combo of this and a sponge to avoid getting on the wheels.

I have the clear bra installed and it's barely noticeable (black car). You have to get faily close to the car to see it. Local dealer installed it before delivery and did a great job. It covers the front, mirrors, and under exterior door handles (prevents fingernail scratches quite well!).
Old 07-13-2003, 12:47 PM

If the clear bra becomes stained from things such as bugs and other flying insects. The product will bleach out the stain overtime. Sometimes it can take up to a couple of weeks. For the tire dressing that is real iffy. I have seen it bleach out at times and not on others. I think it might have to do with the brand and the chemical makeup of the tire dressing. Good luck on it going away.