C-Class (W203) 2001-2007, C160, C180, C200, C220, C230, C240, C270, C280, C300, C320, C230K, C350, Coupe

*sigh* keyed :(

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-11-2003, 10:54 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C240
"...I've very respectful of those deserving respect, the sad part is that there's too many people who don't deserve any respect."

You fit the profile of someone who's prone to Road Rage. That person has a value system that when he percieves has been violated cannot let it go - "that *** cut in front of me, he has disrespected me, he must be punished and taught how to show respect" - now it could be a mom who had to reach back to pick up a baby's pacifier but it doesnt matter - his own value system and how things ought to be is more important. He cannot accept anything less than his definition of the situation and how it has affected him.

Let it go guy - the world doesnt need everyone imposing their definition or Respect on anyone else and who deserves what on the road. Things happen on the road which have nothing to do with "Respect" you may save your own life not trying to demand it behind the wheel.
Old 07-11-2003, 11:38 AM
taylor192

Originally posted by Mercedes101
You fit the profile of someone who's prone to Road Rage. That person has a value system that when he percieves has been violated cannot let it go - "that *** cut in front of me, he has disrespected me, he must be punished and taught how to show respect" - now it could be a mom who had to reach back to pick up a baby's pacifier but it doesnt matter - his own value system and how things ought to be is more important. He cannot accept anything less than his definition of the situation and how it has affected him.

Let it go guy - the world doesnt need everyone imposing their definition or Respect on anyone else and who deserves what on the road. Things happen on the road which have nothing to do with "Respect" you may save your own life not trying to demand it behind the wheel.
Good criticism of how I present my ideas.

You see me opening my door as a method for payback that they parked so close, a way of teaching a lesson. I see it as I don't give "2 sh*ts" about your car if you don't either.

As for Mom picking up her baby's pacifier - most roads have shoulders - pull over and pick it up. I detest the NA attitude that driving is a right. Europeans have a much different attitude, driving is a priviledge, and an experience - some Euro spec cars don't have cupholders, cause drinking is a driver distraction.
Old 07-11-2003, 12:09 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2003 C230K Sport Coupe, 1986 190E 2.3
I somewhat agree with Taylor. I have had people open there door into my car while I was still in it and act like nothing happened and just keep going. I make every effort to not park close to people and make every effort to leave enough room for the people parked there and the people that will park there. I expect that much effort out of the people parking next to me. But people today are in too much of a hurry to give that same amount of respect back. I do not go out of my way to hit another persons car and try my hardest to still respect those who do not respect me. Even going as far as to protect there door as much as I am protecting mine while getting into the car and squeezing myself into mine. But I absolutely hate those ***'s out there who do not even respect you while you are sitting there. Case in point is when people bump into me while I am walking or standing and I apologize to them for them hitting me, but get no response from them. Why is it that I have to by nice enough for both people even when I am not the one at fault. Oh and I back into spaces %99 of the time so I can see getting out and because it is just the more inteligent thing to do.
Old 07-11-2003, 05:06 PM

c230 Coupe
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: *sigh* keyed :(

Originally posted by taylor192
LOL, watch your mouth.

You remind me of the few guys that have gotten mad at me for flashing high-beams at them on the highway to move out of the left lane (some people don't understand its more polite than tailgating or passing on the right) and have followed me to work/coffee shop. They talk a big game, cursing out the window and giving me the finger, even slamming on the brakes infront of me. When they finally park and get out, they seem to have nothing to say.

Dont tell me who I remind you of when you have no idea who i am at all- you dont know me and you aint sh*t to me man. Your the one who needs to watch YOUR mouth man. And i just had an idiot like you flashing me on the highway left lane this morning doing 80mph- guess thats just not fast enough for punks like you. Keep your hands on your own vehicle- if you dont like how i park, dont park next to me. Period.
Old 07-11-2003, 05:29 PM

2008 E 350
Right, so I believe the original thread starter looked for advice ...this thread is an all out flame war now ...

My car is keyed like a ***** all over the place, I figure I'll get it repolished or whatever right before my lease is done. My car is white so any marks are highly visible.
Old 07-11-2003, 09:50 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2005 smart cabrio; 2008 Mercedes-Benz B 200
Re: *sigh* keyed :(

Originally posted by hokusbenz
Dont tell me who I remind you of when you have no idea who i am at all- you dont know me and you aint sh*t to me man. Your the one who needs to watch YOUR mouth man. And i just had an idiot like you flashing me on the highway left lane this morning doing 80mph- guess thats just not fast enough for punks like you. Keep your hands on your own vehicle- if you dont like how i park, dont park next to me. Period.
Hee hee, is your name Dirty Harry Callahan by any chance?

About left lane discipline in North America, it does not exist, unfortunately. Left lane hogs are a severe hazard and the cops seem to do little about it. Passing on the right is a potentially suspendable offense in Germany, as is hogging the left lane of an Autobahn.

In Europe, flashing your headlights to make another car move out of the left lane is illegal, not that it does not happen. The more polite, but still not quite legal, thing to do is turn your left turn signal on as a not so subtle hint to the space cadet in the left lane that maybe s/he should move over. Of course, people like this rarely look in their mirrors....

Back to the beginning: I am sorry that the thread starter's car was keyed, people that do this sort of wanton damage to others' property - no matter what the motivation - are swine. Good luck with the repair.
Old 07-12-2003, 11:21 PM

Originally posted by taylor192

I like your reference to someone walking by and running into you, cause I see this all the time, and I have another unique appraoch to it. People all too often walk with their heads down, or looking away and not where they are going. I'm a big enough guy, if someone is going to walk into me, I just toughen up a bit and stand my ground. People have actually walked into me and knocked themselves over - the surprising thing is how many don't apologize for not watching where they are going and actually yell at me for running into them - I find this funny cause I may have purposely not avoided the situation yet they are the ones who walked into me. Respect returns respect, if someone is watching where they are going, I will be mindful enough to avoid walking into them, as they will most likely return the favour.

Your arrogance is appalling. I pity the senior citizen with cataracts that accidentally crosses your path and gets knocked into oblivion. Respect has nothing to do with it. Being considerate of others is what defines us as mature human beings. You must have been a spoiled child.

Last edited by viper; 07-12-2003 at 11:26 PM.