C-Class (W203) 2001-2007, C160, C180, C200, C220, C230, C240, C270, C280, C300, C320, C230K, C350, Coupe

Some Issues

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-17-2003, 12:41 AM
Almost a Member!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Some Issues

Well my car goes in for service A on july 24th.. Along with service A i have some problems that i would like the dealer to fix.
They are kinda rare so tell me what you think of them.

1st rare one: My car makes like a springy noise when ever one of the wheels move vertically. So for example when i go up onto someones driveway and i am turning into it my shocks i guess make a springy noise that is autable within the cabin. it is very annoying. This noise occurs whenever my wheels move vertically and happens 90% of the time.

2nd Rare one: During a hard drive i get a fault message saying that i should add engine coolent. It doesnt come on all the time and i cant make it happen. It has occured 5 times in the past few days.

3rd. Common one. My sunroof has some issues. First off occasionally when i open the roof it makes a sort of growling noise kind of like a diesel truck idling and it is very loud but this happens intermittenly. When my roof is completely open and i go over a bump it rattles. It kinda seems like it is loose. When the roof is closed all the way and i go over a bump or a change int he road the rook makes a knocking sound liek the glass is hitting somehting because it is not in properly.

4th. The people at the gas station say i need an oil change.

5th. When it is rainign and my whipers are on they make loud noises. When the whiper ont eh drivers side is on its way back down to where it rests it makes a noise. it is hard to describe but it is like unlubricated rubber kind of knocking ont eh windshield the whole way down.. this wont really happen when it is drizziling and happens like 70% of the time.. I feel that if it is raining fora while and my whipers are on the sound gets worse.

6th. My seatbelt Makes a noisewhenever my body moves the belt back and forth.

7th. When i corner or turn my car and my weight shifts the seat makes a creaking noise. i am prettysure i read something about pins in the hinge of the seat causing the problem and this occurs 90 percent of the time.

8th. When my engine is running and i turn my headlamps to 0 my lights still stay on in and out of the car. the 2003 does not have this problem (i have a 2002).

I WOULD GREATLY APPRECIATE IF ANYONE CAN SHINE SOME LIGHT ON MY ISSUES.. IF THESE HAVE HAPPENED TO YOU AND YOU HAVE GOTTEN THEM FIX PLEASE SHARE THAT INFO WITH ME. THANKS FOR YOUR TIME.

JASON
Old 07-17-2003, 02:48 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
E320
I get #6 and #7. #6 is coming from the seat belt housing area.
Old 07-17-2003, 03:58 AM
rrf

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
#1 sway bar bushing lubrication.
#2 just add a little coolant or water to coolant tank.
ALSO add some windex/water to the winshield washer reservoir.
#8 is your multi display convenience set to Lights: Auto ON?