C-Class (W203) 2001-2007, C160, C180, C200, C220, C230, C240, C270, C280, C300, C320, C230K, C350, Coupe

v6 pullies

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-11-2003, 09:45 PM
Almost a Member!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
v6 pullies

i took the plunge and bought the pullies. i received them today. the only issue i had with the pullies is that they did not come with any instructions, no torque values, etc. overall the quality of the pullies is excellent. the only other issue i had was i tried to contact evosport today approx 5 times, i left a message and sent an email but i never received a reply back from them today. i solved the problem i was having by myself and the pullies work great. i would recommend anyone thinking of buying them to do so. ben you guys need to have an install hotline that is manned so that simple questions can be answered in a timely manner. had i had someone to talk to early this morning i could have saved myself many hours of frustration. or instructions included with the product would be helpful. is all it would take is you guys typing up a one page set of instructions. anyway i am glad i bought them and hope to have many trouble free years with them. the charging is ok and the water temp is ok. i cant tell the difference in steering either.
Old 07-11-2003, 09:52 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
If you want to get a hold of them quickly, call them at the number on www.shoshop.com
Old 07-12-2003, 01:17 PM
Almost a Member!

why would i call them on an sho forum?

well i drove the car today to work and i must say the pullies are awesome. there was no issue with the water temp at all. the pullies definately appear o free up some hp according to the butt dyno. like i said earlier i wish the kit would come with

1: instructions. the reason for instructions is not to tell me where the pullies go but rather to give hints(i.e. the power steering pully is pressed on).
2: torque specs.
3: a telephone # that someone answers IF you have a question.

like i said in all i am definately satisfied with the pullies and would recomend them.
Old 07-12-2003, 02:54 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally posted by quietflight
why would i call them on an sho forum?
It's not a forum but a shop that specializes in Taurus SHO's and that's the shop that Evosport uses and that's where things happen like the pullies and dynos. Great shop in the area if a dyno done, close to the beach so it's not as hot as some inland dyno shops. What did you think Evosport was, a fancy euro tuner with a big fancy shop like Brabus? No money wasted on flash there, just raw muscle and terrific power and some euro stuff thrown in to.

FORD (First On Race Day)
Old 07-13-2003, 10:28 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
C32 AMG
quietflight: Thank you for buying UnderDrive pulleys. I am glad you are enjoing them. As far as instructions, we decided not to make them, due to some special tools needed to accomplish the install. We highly recommend using local import service shops to get install done.

I am sorry you could not reach anyone, we were busy getting ready for a race at California Speedway and were short on manpower. As far as SHO Shop and EvoSport, we are two companies that are merging together, this is why Buellwinkle gave you SS phone number. If you ever need any tech support my cell number is 714.624.5534.

Buellwinkle: Thanks for kind words.
Old 07-14-2003, 12:14 AM
Almost a Member!

I have received alot of private messages regarding the pullies. i will try to answer all questions in the open forum so that i dont have to keep retyping the answers.

as to the question, would i sugest the pullies. my answer is yes

as for installation goes, if i had known that the power steering pulley was pressed on, the whole project would have taken me approximately an hour to complete. you will need a power steering puller/installer to complete the job correctly. you need to remove the alternator from its mounts and simply rotate it upwards to get a impact gun on the nut (24mm if i remember correctly). after you remove the nut the pulley will simply pull of the shaft. as for the water pump, just loosen the 4-10mm headed bolts and remove the pulley. i removed the power steering pump, 2 bolts in the front, and 2 bolts in the rear and then used a puller to remove the pulley. i then pressed the pulley back on using an installer. i installed the new belt and started it up. the pullies ran flawlessly and appear to be completely true and run very smooth.

as for the instructions, i can understand vadim's side but for thise of us that dont take their vehicles to shops to get them worked on, there should be instructions. the instructions could be about as long as i just wrote above. had they been this long i would have been done many hours earlier. oh well no biggie. as for contacting evosport no i could not contact then when i needed too. i never received a call back or an email back, i tried both sources. when i was interested in buying the pullies i received a call within an hour or so. i am by no way flaming evosport but they do need to find a way to be able to communicate with their customers within a timely fashion. had instuctions been provided i would not have had to call evosport at all and that would have kept their phone from ringing and an email being sent. i guess if i were them a simple piece of paper would be worth an irritated customer at the time(hint-hint-hint guys)(simple solution).

would i buy from evo again, yes i would. next time i will ask all questions while i am ordering not after i get the product.

i hope this answers all questions asked of me in my pm's
Old 07-14-2003, 03:44 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

C32 AMG
queitflight: I see your point. We will have instructions done within a week.
Old 07-14-2003, 08:22 PM

2002 C240 Classic
did you get a dyno done yet? also, how is the power increase..... is it noticeable? i really want to get the set but cannot use the alternator pulley because of my sound system, but more importantly im afraid of shops in my area installing it (also all the problems that ASP had) and then ruining my engine and warranty. i trust evosport, but not sure of others. what torque settings did you use.... factory specs?
Old 07-14-2003, 09:14 PM
Almost a Member!

i will take pictures later tonight of the charging voltage so you can see.
Old 07-14-2003, 09:21 PM
Out Of Control!!

antonio,

If your local shop can not install it, than they should probably find another line of work. All the kit changes is 3 pulleys: alternator, power steering, and water pump. Most people do not have a pulley puller (~$200 part) to do this themselves, but the majority of shops do. Our pulleys do not affect the way the engine works, and thus are safer than a performance filter! Typical gains are 13hp at the wheels, which on your C240 is a substantial upgrade. Let me know if you have any questions.

Ben
Old 07-14-2003, 09:46 PM

2002 C240 Classic
ben, its not that the shops around here can't install it, its just that im really paranoid touching the engine (still under warranty) by a shop that does not do mercedes exclusively. i am sure my mechanic is very capable of doing the job quite well, but i am afraid that something may go wrong after some time.... and cause my car to have an ending like that of the guy who had the asp pulley. please reassure me with any info. thanks.
Old 07-15-2003, 12:18 AM
Almost a Member!

antonio, since the pullies do not affect any part of the actual mechanicals of the engine i wouldnt worry. if anything they should help to prolong the alternator, power steering pump and water pump because they are spinning slower. here is a picture of the voltage at the battery. i had on all lights,ac,radio,xm tuner, phone plugged in, etc and here is what the charging voltage is reading at idle.
Attached Thumbnails v6 pullies-dsc00411.jpg  
Old 07-15-2003, 12:20 AM
Almost a Member!

as for the power steering pump, here is a puller i picked up from autozone for 20 bucks. it worked like a champ and seems to be of decent quality for the price paid. the good thing about this puller is that it is also an installer.
Attached Thumbnails v6 pullies-dsc00413.jpg  
Old 07-15-2003, 12:22 AM
Almost a Member!

the secret to pulling the pulley is the rib around the center portion of the pulley. luckily this puller happened to have jaws that fit our pullies on our pump.
Attached Thumbnails v6 pullies-dsc00414.jpg  
Old 07-15-2003, 12:23 AM

C32 AMG
evosport...i know you have the odps for the C32 but what about this?
Old 07-15-2003, 12:31 AM
Almost a Member!

what is odps?
Old 07-15-2003, 12:43 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

R170
Originally posted by AMGDood
These pullies are evosport's own products
Old 07-15-2003, 12:45 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

R170
Originally posted by quietflight
what is odps?
= Overdrive pulley system - raises the boost on the S/C for the C32 and SLK32 (Also includes intercooler resevoir upgrade).
Old 07-15-2003, 12:46 AM
Almost a Member!

oh
Old 07-15-2003, 08:23 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2002 C230 K
Originally posted by AMGDood
I imagine that the water, power steering pump and alternator pulleys are probably the same for all M113 based motors.
Old 07-15-2003, 09:39 PM

'11 BMW 335is
Quietflight,

What did the parts cost you all together? And which V6 do you have? Someone said 13hp increase. Thats prety bold. Is that REALLY true?
Aka. Bang 4 Buk Factor?
Old 07-16-2003, 11:39 AM
Almost a Member!

read page 1 of the thread
Old 07-16-2003, 11:58 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2002 C230 K
The pulleys should provide a 13hp increase no matter which motor is used if all the stock pulleys/accessories are the same.
Old 07-16-2003, 12:53 PM
Out Of Control!!

Our pulleys work on all 1998+ V6/V8 (naturally aspirated) Mercedes motors. 13hp may be a bold claim, but we have many dyno's to back it up:

There are also several other dyno's of our pulleys on MBWorld posted by various owners.

Thanks,
Ben
Old 07-16-2003, 04:37 PM

'11 BMW 335is
Originally posted by Mach430
Our pulleys work on all 1998+ V6/V8 (naturally aspirated) Mercedes motors. 13hp may be a bold claim, but we have many dyno's to back it up:

There are also several other dyno's of our pulleys on MBWorld posted by various owners.

Thanks,
Ben
Well those dyno results are pretty impressive. Thanks for the post. I really didnt expect such an increase in hp. Ill be giving you guys a call in few months as soon as my wallet recovers from the down payment.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: v6 pullies