C-Class (W203) 2001-2007, C160, C180, C200, C220, C230, C240, C270, C280, C300, C320, C230K, C350, Coupe

Why can't we get parktronic!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-17-2003, 05:22 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2000 ML320/'03 C320WZ
Thumbs up that's it

you have to go to your instrument menu and set it on convinience, then set your seat, mirror in memory setting then start the car then put it reverse , wait make sure the right mirror adjustment button is pushed, Now go ahead and try it. j/k
Old 07-17-2003, 05:22 PM
Guest0001

Originally posted by Wheens
I assume you found the discussion of exterior rear view mirrors in the manual. In my '01's manual it starts on page 89 and is in the OPERATION section.

Two points: 1) you must make the mirror adjustment setting "on" under the "convenience" settings on the mfd.
2) you must adjust the mirror to the desired "view" the first time before you store the setting.

I know its confusing as I write this, but if you find the right place in the manual, its much clearer.
i just did it!!!!! and works

ahhh i am happy i finally figured it out

now ima read and learn more about the other buttons in the car which i have no clue what they do
Old 07-17-2003, 05:49 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
N/A
Sorry! I meant to say RIGHT side.
Old 07-17-2003, 05:50 PM

2000 ML320/'03 C320WZ
so now

you have to set it with the other smart key of yours b/c if you use the other key it won't work again, it must be set on your other key ie. your partner is using the other key in short you must have use the same key when you set the convinience setting.

confuse again
Old 07-17-2003, 10:27 PM
Banned

wow noblert10, 1000+ posts on this board, manual, driving the car every day and you had no idea you had this feature?

guess this is proof that the more you post does not mean that you know that much.
Old 07-17-2003, 10:41 PM
JAM

SL600
Getting back to the original thread, Parktonic is not availble here because of the height of the bumpers and some kind of DOT standard. This is the reson that PArktronic is also delayed on the CLK...

BTW, I am in the process of a Parktronic retrofit on my 2003.

You can get the parts from europarts..... Expensive project, but fun. I really hate the way the bumper sensors look, so I am going to do something more discrete....
Old 07-17-2003, 10:49 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2002 C230 Coupe(M111)
How much do the components cost? I'd like to just get the 'shell' that goes above the center speaker and rewire the lights to make a VU meter

I think it looks cool.
Old 07-18-2003, 07:46 AM
JAM

SL600
Now, that's a cool idea, a Parktronic VU meter, and you could turn it on and off with the Parktronic switch. Awesome. BTW, just to get the switch bank with the Parktronic switch was $180... Hmm, maybe I'll go the VU route....
Old 07-18-2003, 08:56 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts
Mercedes-Benz
Originally posted by JAM
Getting back to the original thread, Parktonic is not availble here because of the height of the bumpers and some kind of DOT standard. This is the reson that PArktronic is also delayed on the CLK...

BTW, I am in the process of a Parktronic retrofit on my 2003.

You can get the parts from europarts..... Expensive project, but fun. I really hate the way the bumper sensors look, so I am going to do something more discrete....
really? I think they look kinda cool. Anyway I just would think its nice to have.... how much would the retrofit run me?
Old 07-18-2003, 02:04 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
209/W210 Estate /W211 modded by MBENZNL
Im Installing Parktronic on my Wifes W203 Coupe
Steve said Somewhere around $600.00 In Parts for the Coupe
Plus labor...Im Never Done Paying Steve..allways another Mod!
The Parktronic requires front Bumper Impact inserts.Rear Center Bumper Insert The Inserts come Prepainted,Sensors, harness , Inside Sensor assy
Old 07-18-2003, 11:36 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2002 C230 Coupe(M111)
Originally posted by JAM
Now, that's a cool idea, a Parktronic VU meter, and you could turn it on and off with the Parktronic switch. Awesome. BTW, just to get the switch bank with the Parktronic switch was $180... Hmm, maybe I'll go the VU route....
Great! Now, anyone know how much just the shell portion costs?
Old 07-19-2003, 12:20 PM

2003 C240 4MATIC
Originally posted by MARK CUMMINS
Im Installing Parktronic on my Wifes W203 Coupe
Steve said Somewhere around $600.00 In Parts for the Coupe
Plus labor...Im Never Done Paying Steve..allways another Mod!
The Parktronic requires front Bumper Impact inserts.Rear Center Bumper Insert The Inserts come Prepainted,Sensors, harness , Inside Sensor assy
Is Steve installing the front and rear sensors, or just the rear sensors? Does the partronic have a visual display or is there an audio warning when you get too close to an object like a wall? Any pics?
Old 07-19-2003, 01:25 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally posted by Darkman
Is Steve installing the front and rear sensors, or just the rear sensors? Does the partronic have a visual display or is there an audio warning when you get too close to an object like a wall? Any pics?
Steve Will Be Installing the Complete Parktronic Kit Into The Wifes Coupe..Yes It has a Display Mounted on the Center dash/Grill
Yes it beeps faster the closer you get to the Object...

I Will Be Installing Parktronic in My W210 wagon Rear only
I Cant see out of it with Two layers of Limo tint..And At Night Forget it!
I Will Be Installing a camera in place of one of the Parktronic sensors to be Wired to my comand Screen when in reverse!
Old 07-19-2003, 01:45 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

The True OG Modded out W203
Steve Will Be Installing the Complete Parktronic Kit Into The Wifes Coupe..Yes It has a Display Mounted on the Center dash/Grill
Yes it beeps faster the closer you get to the Object...

I Will Be Installing Parktronic in My W210 wagon Rear only
I Will Be Installing a camera in place of one of the Parktronic sensors to be Wired to my comand Screen when in reverse!
DAMN!! Good stuff! I need to email Steve!
Old 07-20-2003, 12:56 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

E320
2 layers? I had a car with 1 layer of limo tint all around and at night it was already kinda hard to see, but with 2?
Old 07-21-2003, 12:31 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 96 Likes on 52 Posts
2015 E250D
The parktronic can be retrofitted in a w203 but you will only get the rear parktronic. And there is no display in the center dash like stated earlier in this post. The front is not possible to do. THe retrofit kit consists of 4 rear sensors, display unit which replaces the rear dome light. The rear passangers get 2 seperate lights for reading the the display is mounted there. It can be seen with the rear view mirror. Also included is the control box, wiring harness, and instruction sheet. It will set you back around 800 bucks! No kidding. I am in the process of installing it in my w203. THere will be no switch in the dash. Instead, it is activated when the gear is put in reverse. This is strictly for the rear parktronic retrofit OEM from mercedes. If someone is putting their own kit together, then I don't know anything about it. The retrofit is for a nice clean install and an original Mercedes Accessory in Europe. Check my site www.mercedesmods.com I will be putting more details soon.
Old 07-21-2003, 03:57 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally posted by sunman
The parktronic can be retrofitted in a w203 but you will only get the rear parktronic. And there is no display in the center dash like stated earlier in this post. The front is not possible to do. THe retrofit kit consists of 4 rear sensors, display unit which replaces the rear dome light. The rear passangers get 2 seperate lights for reading the the display is mounted there. It can be seen with the rear view mirror. Also included is the control box, wiring harness, and instruction sheet. It will set you back around 800 bucks! No kidding. I am in the process of installing it in my w203. THere will be no switch in the dash. Instead, it is activated when the gear is put in reverse. This is strictly for the rear parktronic retrofit OEM from mercedes. If someone is putting their own kit together, then I don't know anything about it. The retrofit is for a nice clean install and an original Mercedes Accessory in Europe. Check my site www.mercedesmods.com I will be putting more details soon.
Parktronic IS Available For the W203 FRONT and REAR !
You can Install front and rear or rear Only...Front Is Possible!
The Dash mount (Center grill) is For the Front Sensors
I have a Set of EURO FRONT W203 Parktronic Bumper Impact Inserts from Mercedes (NEW) WITH PARKTRONIC! In My Garage That Will Be Installed Soon on a C Class
The Rear Is On The Center Impact Insert. The Parts Are OE Mercedes

This May Help You...http://mercedes-amg.tripod.com/c32.jpg
Its a Pic of a W203 C Class With OE Parktronic on the FRONT!

And This http://www.mercedes-benz.com/e/cars/c-class/photo8.htm
Its a Pic of The Dash...See the Center Grill? Thats Parktronic!

Last edited by MARK CUMMINS; 07-21-2003 at 04:59 PM.
Old 07-21-2003, 04:47 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
some slow@$$diesels
Front Is Possible!
...but quiet expensive once you have it all done...

greetingz,
Old 07-22-2003, 07:22 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Post Park Tronic

Originally posted by MBenzNL
...but quiet expensive once you have it all done...

greetingz,
Steve, I Thought you said Its NEVER Done!