C-Class (W203) 2001-2007, C160, C180, C200, C220, C230, C240, C270, C280, C300, C320, C230K, C350, Coupe

SRS failure?!?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-13-2013, 11:47 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
'06 c230 Sport 6spd
Exclamation SRS failure?!?

So yesterday I go to turn on my car. The scnd my friend gets out of the passenger sear (literally right as the car turned on). My srs light comes up and I get a message that says SRS failure bring in. I scheduled an appointment with Mercedes at 10 on tuesday. But am I looking at a big bill? Or is it just something that needs to be reset? I really can't afford this issue and if I can handle it myself I'd really rather do that. Thanks guys!!
Old 01-13-2013, 05:53 PM

Received 19 Likes on 17 Posts
2003 C230 Sports Coupe, Paprika Metallic Red, Auto, Pano, Leather
Search,.... need Star.

It does NOT just get triggered because passenger is leaving,... what were you doing at the time,... installing radio or changing door actuator,....
Old 01-13-2013, 06:14 PM

'06 c230 Sport 6spd
Originally Posted by SunnyRayToronto
Search,.... need Star.

It does NOT just get triggered because passenger is leaving,... what were you doing at the time,... installing radio or changing door actuator,....
Turning the car on.... We were infront of her house. As I was turning the car on she was getting out of it and it just came on.. Wasn't doing a thing else..
Old 01-13-2013, 07:04 PM

Received 19 Likes on 17 Posts
2003 C230 Sports Coupe, Paprika Metallic Red, Auto, Pano, Leather
Wow,... that's some *** she must have,....

Even if she had a MB baby seat transponder (to disable airbag in front seat),... errr,... implanted in her rear,... it shouldn't have triggered a SRS failure when she leaves while you start the car,... You need to figure out why it really got triggered,.... otherwise, you'll have to keep on going back to the MB Stealership each time to reset it.
Old 01-13-2013, 07:06 PM

'06 c230 Sport 6spd
Originally Posted by SunnyRayToronto
Wow,... that's some *** she must have,....

Even if she had a MB baby seat transponder (to disable airbag in front seat),... errr,... implanted in her rear,... it shouldn't have triggered a SRS failure when she leaves while you start the car,... You need to figure out why it really got triggered,.... otherwise, you'll have to keep on going back to the MB Stealership each time to reset it.
Was thinking its one of the relay's (sensors) under the seat.. But all they do is reset it? Are they gonna dick me on a price to do this?
Old 01-13-2013, 08:09 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 148 Likes on 132 Posts
'17 Jaguar XF
Originally Posted by shadykilla
... But all they do is reset it? Are they gonna dick me on a price to do this?
It depends on whether or not there's an actual part failure and that's what the diags will (maybe) tell you. Sometimes a reset is all that's needed. And yes they'll dick you one way or the other. Haven't you found an independent repair shop yet? Dealers work on the principal that they have a captive audience when it comes to repair.....prove them wrong.
Old 01-13-2013, 08:49 PM

'06 c230 Sport 6spd
Originally Posted by mleskovar
It depends on whether or not there's an actual part failure and that's what the diags will (maybe) tell you. Sometimes a reset is all that's needed. And yes they'll dick you one way or the other. Haven't you found an independent repair shop yet? Dealers work on the principal that they have a captive audience when it comes to repair.....prove them wrong.

I didn't even look since it happened last nite. Do I have to go to someone that specializes in mercedes? Or just any shop. I have a couple shops I can go to if thats the case..
Old 01-16-2013, 10:03 PM

C320 300E
My c320 trips the SRS when it gets cold out, my indi shop has a Snap On code reader, diagnostic tool and read the fault for free and reset it.

In my case, the fault was for communications error which I suspect is because the dash has been taken apart so many times for climate control problems, flap motors, etc

I caused it once by unplugging the headrest, emergency, lock open close switch ***