C-Class (W203) 2001-2007, C160, C180, C200, C220, C230, C240, C270, C280, C300, C320, C230K, C350, Coupe

722.6 transmission delayed engagement from stop sign when cold

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-26-2016, 04:13 AM

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts
E36 w124 E32K w210 E500 W211
I know this is a very old thread, i just wanna help if anybody experiencing the this problem as well. My car had this behaviour after transmission overhaul. I cant find anything wrong with the transmission assembly and body valves. At last i found the cure, which is resetting the ETC using star diagnosis.
First step, Perform the quick test, and check if the ETC has fault codes. If there is no fault code, second step is go to addaptive shifting and go through all the values. And at the end it will ask wether we want to erase the addaptive memory or not. Erase the memory. And start the car.
Third step, drive the car normally, dont drive it to hard or too slow.
My problem cured using this step. I hope this can help.
Btw i tried resetting the ETC using the 2 mins procedure twice, It doesnt work at all.
Old 03-27-2016, 12:38 PM

Received 56 Likes on 55 Posts
2005 c230SS
** REGARDING LOW-RPM PROBLEM AT STOP ***

This thread has ended up with two topics, maybe not quite related.

I may have stumbled into something with the problem of idle rpm dropping when at a stop, if you turn on an electrical load such as the rear window defroster.

Yesterday I pulled the airbox to look for an oil leak. Turns out the top engine crankcase breather hose was installed backwards resulting in a loose connection down at the bottom where it connects to the MAF tube. I reinstalled correctly, with the elbow of the top towards the top of the engine:

Put everything back together (after cleaning up the oil), and suddenly the idle rumble problem is gone!

Now, I also had to unplug the ECU connectors in order to remove the airbox, so I am thinking it could also be the fact that I reset the ECU by disconnecting it's reserve power ... or I also inadvertantly cleaned the contacts on the ECU plugs by removing and reinstalling them.

So, for anyone who has the idle rumble problem, I suggest you do the following:

1) check your top engine crankcase breather hose to make sure it's installed properly with the elbow on top. If it is on backwards, you should be able to pull the hose off and reinstall properly without pulling the airbox. It's tight in there but I think there's room.

2) pull the ECU plugs and reseat them ... maybe spray a bit of deoxit in there as well to make sure all of the pins are making good contact.

-- John

Last edited by jkowtko; 03-27-2016 at 12:41 PM.