C-Class (W203) 2001-2007, C160, C180, C200, C220, C230, C240, C270, C280, C300, C320, C230K, C350, Coupe

Removing scratches/residue around emblems?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-28-2013, 09:46 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2001 C320
Removing scratches/residue around emblems?

I just removed the emblems off my car, and there is residue around where the previous emblems were...best way to get them off? The paint is kind of different, but it's not a big deal, I have a buddy that can touch it up, but there are very MINOR scratches and good amount of residue left..
Old 02-28-2013, 11:20 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C300 Sport/Palladium Silver on Black/P2
Originally Posted by PersianW203
I just removed the emblems off my car, and there is residue around where the previous emblems were...best way to get them off? The paint is kind of different, but it's not a big deal, I have a buddy that can touch it up, but there are very MINOR scratches and good amount of residue left..
What color is the paint?

The Mercedes paint can be slightly hard to remove the scratches as it's pretty hard.

I would not use touch up at all, but I think you meant touch it up like polishing?

If you got a pretty aggressive compound and a FOAM (not microfiber its probably too aggressive) you could try working the area some. Again, do this at your own risk as we can't know via the internet what is the best solution for you. I always get nervous when I have to work on my paint as I'm always scared I will mess it up. ha. I had to remove some scratches recently that the dealer put in.

You might post a picture sometime so we can see how bad it is. You could post a picture at the meguiar's forums meguiars online and see if they have any advice.

Good luck! From your description, it doesn't sound too bad, I bet you can clean it up a good bit.
Old 03-01-2013, 04:36 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts
06 C230 SS 6spd
Try using a clay bar to remove it that usually will remove it. If you have scratches just wet sand it with a high grit like 1500, then buff and polish it if they're not deep scratches