C-Class (W203) 2001-2007, C160, C180, C200, C220, C230, C240, C270, C280, C300, C320, C230K, C350, Coupe

srs light but cant reset

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-27-2013, 10:58 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
w203
srs light but cant reset

i got this Srs light on atfer removed and put back my passenger seat.
i went to dealer to reset this but they couldnt
here is the pic. code number 9026 cant reset.
does this mean i have to replace the mat sensor under the seat?
thanks for your help
Old 07-27-2013, 12:37 PM

C180 Kompressor Wagon
Are the cables including the flat ribbon cable going into the seat cushion ok, or have they been damaged when removing the seat?
Old 07-27-2013, 07:32 PM

w203
Originally Posted by torake
Are the cables including the flat ribbon cable going into the seat cushion ok, or have they been damaged when removing the seat?
they only had a quick look under my seat but havent removed and check carefully cause it was late saturday evening. they told me to come back on monday. hopefully its just the wiring issue.
thanks for ur comment
Old 07-29-2013, 06:14 AM

w203
anyone has any suggestion
I went to the dealer today and as usual they told me to replace the b48 unit.
Maybe i have to get the bypass unit on ebay.

Last edited by nobi; 07-29-2013 at 10:24 AM.
Old 07-30-2013, 10:24 AM

2009 c300 sport
Originally Posted by nobi
anyone has any suggestion
I went to the dealer today and as usual they told me to replace the b48 unit.
Maybe i have to get the bypass unit on ebay.
Hey Nobi, i had the same issue i replaced the whole seat (ebay $300) because the cushion alone i believe in this case the b48 (seat cushion wit sensor) was almost 1k at the dealership, now i been looking for a good reset tool to clear the code however i havent got around to buy any, maybe the carsoft will do the job based upon reading previous posts. Where did you get that screen shot? do you have the star diagnostic system?
Old 07-30-2013, 11:34 AM

w203
Originally Posted by cxesar
Hey Nobi, i had the same issue i replaced the whole seat (ebay $300) because the cushion alone i believe in this case the b48 (seat cushion wit sensor) was almost 1k at the dealership, now i been looking for a good reset tool to clear the code however i havent got around to buy any, maybe the carsoft will do the job based upon reading previous posts. Where did you get that screen shot? do you have the star diagnostic system?
its the Star diagnostic. i went to see merc dealer.
i think carsoft will do the job. but its faster to visit to some indy around they might be able to help u clear the code, its less than 3 mins
300$ is a bit too much for me. i think im getting one of the bypass unit from uk. i kno its a bit risky but at least srs is on.
Old 07-30-2013, 11:50 AM

2009 c300 sport
I tryied the bypass thats the reason i changed the whole seat lol, cuz the wires under the seat are all over the place and i happend to cut the wrng wire and there goes the seat, i also had to get the connector soldered at my job because the emulator comes with stripped wires just a big pain in the butt, how much dis they charge you at the dealer for the diagnosis?
Old 07-30-2013, 12:29 PM

2009 c300 sport
this is the one i bought, i even had to drill the pcb and use a screw to constraint the chip inside the box, poor quality item

http://www.aliexpress.com/item/For-M...056162493.html
Old 07-31-2013, 03:35 AM

w203
Originally Posted by cxesar
this is the one i bought, i even had to drill the pcb and use a screw to constraint the chip inside the box, poor quality item

http://www.aliexpress.com/item/For-M...056162493.html
avoid to buy stuffs from china if u can.

this is what i'm planing to get
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Mercedes-Benz-occupied-seat-recognition-sensor-emulator-/140524502860?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item20b7e9bf4c#ht_500wt_918
but im kinda giving up on it. i just can't be bother to fix all the issues, as long as i can drive then fine

i actually had a brake wear message so i went to change my brake pad for ~$250 and they diagnosed my srs for free.

i think if you don't know them they might charge you 60-80 bucks
but there is some good ppl around that take $30 maybe.
its all depends on you. try to speak to them first and negotiate, because seriously it a 3 mins job.
Old 07-31-2013, 09:29 AM

2009 c300 sport
That emulator seems to be better quality, eventhoug u cant see the inside . anyways they give you a 12 month warranty that works for me!...its only offered for the w203 chasis mine is a w204 bummer..

yea ill try to visit a couple shops see if they can reset the srs module, thanx
Old 07-31-2013, 04:44 PM

C180 Kompressor Wagon
If the "emulator" (a bunch of resistors) emulates the seat beeing occupied all the time, won't the dash and beep warn that the passenger belt is not fastened all the time?

What is the reason for not replacing the sensor mat? It is not difficult, no special tools required and takes no more than cirka 2 hours.
Old 07-31-2013, 05:43 PM
Moderator Alumni

Received 20 Likes on 7 Posts
w203 m112
Replacing the mat is REALLY simple, but, unfortunately, the sensor is really expensive to purchase directly from mercedes. If I recall correctly, brand new, these sensors are around 300.

You can find some sensors on ebay or entire seat bottom cushion with the sensors intact for a couple hundred bucks. Just check w/ return policies and plug it in once + go for a ride and see if the light goes away. If your SRS light is caused by a malfunctioning seat sensor, plugging in a functioning one will get the srs light to go away.

I got lucky and purchased an entire seat bottom off of ebay for 76 dollars and pulled the sensor out of it.

Rough steps for replacing the sensor are:

Unplug the wires connecting from the front passenger seat.
Free the small wire w/ a yellow end that attaches to the seat bottom.
There may be more wires to remove if you have heated seats.

Move the seat back to a position where you can loosen the 4 hex bolts holding the seat down.
Tip the seat back so that you can see the bottom of the seat.
Remove the two clear brackets towards the front of the seat cushion under the seat itself - this involves popping up the 4 black "plastic" bolts holding them in.

Tip the seat upright.
Go to the rear passenger seat.
Look at the bottom/rear of the front passenger seat cushion.
Locate two springs on each side of the front passenger seat.
Look under where the springs seat and unlock the rubber strings from UNDER the brackets. (took me a bit to find these)
Slide the spring brackets inwards (towards each other) and the brackets will come free and the springs can pop out.

At this point you can remove the seat bottom cushion w/ the sensor's wire hanging out of it.

The bottom of the seat is aluminum (its edges are really sharp), but the seat cover covers most of the seat and is only held in place w/ simple clips. Undo some clips and replace the sensor.

Reassemble in reverse order.

Took me about an hour having never done this before.

For me - replacing this item brought me a ton of peace of mind. I contemplated replacing it w/ resistors and emulators, but I didnt want to risk the passenger airbags not deploying properly.

Good luck!
Old 07-31-2013, 11:12 PM

w203
Originally Posted by TruTaing
Replacing the mat is REALLY simple, but, unfortunately, the sensor is really expensive to purchase directly from mercedes. If I recall correctly, brand new, these sensors are around 300.

You can find some sensors on ebay or entire seat bottom cushion with the sensors intact for a couple hundred bucks. Just check w/ return policies and plug it in once + go for a ride and see if the light goes away. If your SRS light is caused by a malfunctioning seat sensor, plugging in a functioning one will get the srs light to go away.

I got lucky and purchased an entire seat bottom off of ebay for 76 dollars and pulled the sensor out of it.

Rough steps for replacing the sensor are:

Unplug the wires connecting from the front passenger seat.
Free the small wire w/ a yellow end that attaches to the seat bottom.
There may be more wires to remove if you have heated seats.

Move the seat back to a position where you can loosen the 4 hex bolts holding the seat down.
Tip the seat back so that you can see the bottom of the seat.
Remove the two clear brackets towards the front of the seat cushion under the seat itself - this involves popping up the 4 black "plastic" bolts holding them in.

Tip the seat upright.
Go to the rear passenger seat.
Look at the bottom/rear of the front passenger seat cushion.
Locate two springs on each side of the front passenger seat.
Look under where the springs seat and unlock the rubber strings from UNDER the brackets. (took me a bit to find these)
Slide the spring brackets inwards (towards each other) and the brackets will come free and the springs can pop out.

At this point you can remove the seat bottom cushion w/ the sensor's wire hanging out of it.

The bottom of the seat is aluminum (its edges are really sharp), but the seat cover covers most of the seat and is only held in place w/ simple clips. Undo some clips and replace the sensor.

Reassemble in reverse order.

Took me about an hour having never done this before.

For me - replacing this item brought me a ton of peace of mind. I contemplated replacing it w/ resistors and emulators, but I didnt want to risk the passenger airbags not deploying properly.

Good luck!
$80 bucks for entire seat! you are so lucky man.
Thanks for your great instruction.
hopefully i can find some good deal on ebay.
Old 07-31-2013, 11:15 PM

w203
Originally Posted by torake
If the "emulator" (a bunch of resistors) emulates the seat beeing occupied all the time, won't the dash and beep warn that the passenger belt is not fastened all the time?

What is the reason for not replacing the sensor mat? It is not difficult, no special tools required and takes no more than cirka 2 hours.
you are right, i think if it emulates the seat being occupied all the time, you have to disable the seat belt waring beep on passenger seat or the emulator will send both signals one for seat belt and the other is occupied

Last edited by nobi; 07-31-2013 at 11:31 PM.