C-Class (W203) 2001-2007, C160, C180, C200, C220, C230, C240, C270, C280, C300, C320, C230K, C350, Coupe

Automatic Daylight Sensor - Lights Remain ON

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-23-2013, 01:05 PM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
14' C300, '07 G500 & '02 C240
Automatic Daylight Sensor - Lights Remain ON

Hello Guys,

So I got the car back from the dealer after dealing with the issue with the car not starting and gear not detected. Turned out the Front Sam just went bad and 1,000 dollars later I have the car back. Now I'm wondering if the change in Sams resulted in an error with my light sensor?

I've already checked to make sure "constant" is off this way the Daytime Running Lights are NOT running. So do you think its an error with the actual programming of the new Sam Module?

I feel like it could be because I have locator lighting enabled and the locator lights remain OFF with this problem so I think the sensor works but it may be an issue with the way the SAM was coded. Can anyone verify if this is an easy fix or do I have to go back to the dealer again?

I hope they don't charge me again for this, because that would be madness.

Thanks,
Vlad
Old 08-23-2013, 01:15 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
2004 Civic Si. FWD for the Win!
The lighting worked fine before they worked on it and now it doesn't. I don't see why you would do anything other than tell them that, and have them diagnose the issue, which they or the parts they installed most likely caused. I would talk to your service rep, then the sales mgr if you don't like where it's headed, but I would definitely do it sooner rather than later, as the longer you delay, the less direct the connection there is between the problem and their work on your car.
Old 08-23-2013, 06:10 PM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
14' C300, '07 G500 & '02 C240
Originally Posted by tommy
The lighting worked fine before they worked on it and now it doesn't. I don't see why you would do anything other than tell them that, and have them diagnose the issue, which they or the parts they installed most likely caused. I would talk to your service rep, then the sales mgr if you don't like where it's headed, but I would definitely do it sooner rather than later, as the longer you delay, the less direct the connection there is between the problem and their work on your car.
Yep, I will bring it back tomorrow actually without an appointment to report the issue and if they require an appointment then I will get one. Because after spending that much money on a car, I expect to get what I paid for. They are good for that, they fix a problem and then another issue arises so they can make a fast buck on you. Can't stand these dealerships sometimes.

Vlad