C-Class (W203) 2001-2007, C160, C180, C200, C220, C230, C240, C270, C280, C300, C320, C230K, C350, Coupe

CL Grill

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-11-2003, 04:38 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
E320
I agree with LorinserCClass. The CL grille looks A LOT better than that second grille. I've seen both in person. And all I can say is WOW! The first one is gorgeous. The second one looks cheap.

It ain't just the star, it's the shape of the thing, the lines, etc. Goto a meet and compare them side by side. It's like comparing Britney Spears with Rosanne Barr. In fact, I think the second grille looks worse than the stock grille.

Just my opinion here of course.
Old 09-11-2003, 05:08 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Bantha
hey I hear you oggle....I'd sure as hell talk up the other grille if I got beat for $600 plus for a piece of plastic. I'd try to convince eveyone to buy one too...so I wouldn't feel like the only slapped ***

BTW, I could get the larger star CL grille for about $300 US; thru a connection I made overseas, but I still dont think its worth even that.

600+ for a grill...thats like spending $290 for a Brabus shift knob HAHAHA...wait a minute..some joker in the classifed section already tried that!!!!
Old 09-11-2003, 06:57 PM

SLK 230
Tuscan Raider

Tuscan Raider,
Could U please post a pic of your car with the 2nd grill? Want tos see how good it looks.
Thanks
Old 09-12-2003, 06:01 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

E320
Originally posted by tuscanraider
hey I hear you oggle....I'd sure as hell talk up the other grille if I got beat for $600 plus for a piece of plastic. I'd try to convince eveyone to buy one too...so I wouldn't feel like the only slapped ***
I didn't pay $600 plus for mine, FYI. Got it for less. At first I thought it was way too expensive myself, but after getting it for much cheaper through a group buy, and seeing how much better it looked from stock AND from the 2nd grille, I was sold!

Btw, if you can't even pony up a little $ for a grille that's just kicka$$, then you shouldn't be buying second-hand Mercs in the first place.

The Honda dealer is thata way.

Last edited by oggle; 09-12-2003 at 06:04 AM.
Old 09-12-2003, 07:15 AM
Almost a Member!

2004 CL55 AMG
I admit to having not seen either grill in person, but from the pics they're very similiar, except the more expensive one has less grill rails.

I'd opt for the cheaper one personally.
Old 09-12-2003, 09:02 AM
Banned

Bantha
Well Agent here is my picture...I think it looks OK so I kept it on. You guys make your own decision....i know the car is dirty but its Friday, and she don't get baths until Sat. morning :-)

oggle..I don't know what you mean by 2nd hand Merc.? Mine is an '03 bought in June ...maybe next time don't jump to a conclusion, OK. Also it has nothing to do with being able to 'pony' up the loot. I can afford to do anything I want to the car, but I have to see value in what I buy, as do you, thats why we bought M.B. right. For example, I'm not putting a Kleeman on my car because I wasn't looking for something fast..If I were I would have bought the G35 or the new TL. Come on down off of that high horse...

BTW what's wrong with Hondas? The new accord will probably outlast both our cars....LOL
Attached Thumbnails CL Grill-c230k.jpg  
Old 09-12-2003, 09:20 AM
Almost a Member!

2004 CL55 AMG
Well Agent here is my picture...I think it looks OK so I kept it on. You guys make your own decision....i know the car is dirty but its Friday, and she don't get baths until Sat. morning :-)

oggle..I don't know what you mean by 2nd hand Merc.? Mine is an '03 bought in June ...maybe next time don't jump to a conclusion, OK. Also it has nothing to do with being able to 'pony' up the loot. I can afford to do anything I want to the car, but I have to see value in what I buy, as do you, thats why we bought M.B. right. For example, I'm not putting a Kleeman on my car because I wasn't looking for something fast..If I were I would have bought the G35 or the new TL. Come on down off of that high horse...

BTW what's wrong with Hondas? The new accord will probably outlast both our cars....LOL
all good points well made
Old 09-12-2003, 10:29 AM

SLK 230
Tuscanraider

hey, thanks for the pic.

Its a cool looking car !! I should have ordered a black one. I've just put an order in for a zircon silver C200 Elegance Kompressor with the sports package. I couldn't decide between black & silver. Yours looks cool !
Old 09-12-2003, 10:33 AM
Almost a Member!

2004 CL55 AMG
Re: Tuscanraider

Originally posted by Secret Agent
hey, thanks for the pic.

Its a cool looking car !! I should have ordered a black one. I've just put an order in for a zircon silver C200 Elegance Kompressor with the sports package. I couldn't decide between black & silver. Yours looks cool !
does anyone have a pic of the black one?
Old 09-12-2003, 10:54 AM
Banned

Bantha
Re: Re: Tuscanraider

Originally posted by jeffj
does anyone have a pic of the black one?
I think he's talking about ordering a black car....I don't think they make the grille in black...right? or am I the one that is confused here.
Old 09-12-2003, 11:07 AM
Almost a Member!

2004 CL55 AMG
Re: Re: Re: Tuscanraider

I think he's talking about ordering a black car....I don't think they make the grille in black...right? or am I the one that is confused here.
you're not confused... I am - too much multi-tasking going on here...

Old 09-12-2003, 06:14 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

E320

Well you're the one that first attacked me with those unfounded insults. So please take your medicine and refrain from such personal attacks next time...
Old 09-13-2003, 04:55 AM

SLK 230
Tuscanraider

I meant a black car !!! Does it get hot in summer?