C-Class (W203) 2001-2007, C160, C180, C200, C220, C230, C240, C270, C280, C300, C320, C230K, C350, Coupe

Blind-spot mirror

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-11-2003, 06:32 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C320 Sports Coupe - Pewter, Charcoal, C5, C7, Changer
Blind-spot mirror

I couldn't see the car in the blind spot of my C-coupe a few times when I change lanes (I do turn my head). Lucky nothing happened. I picked up a cheap blind spot mirror at Pepboy's for $2. It's so cheap and low quality that I don't want to put it on my MB.

Anyone also use a blind spot mirror? Any suggestion where you can get a "quality" one but not over priced? Any other options? Thanks for the input.

WuMan
Old 09-11-2003, 06:55 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
K Car
Properly adjusting your mirrors is the best answer. Too many people adjust their mirrors so they can see the side of their car. This creates a blind spot beside your car. The mirrors should be adjusted out so that when the image on the left mirror disappears, you pick it up on the center. When it disappears from the center, you pick it up on the right.

Some people on this forum have bought the European mirrors which I believe are shaped different, and give you a wider view.

What ever you do... please please don't put one of those cheap walmart sticky things on your mirror...:p
Old 09-11-2003, 07:19 PM
moomeh

Originally posted by revstriker

What ever you do... please please don't put one of those cheap walmart sticky things on your mirror...:p

i think its ok if he did. it'll be hilarious. i need a good laugh while drive sometimes!
Old 09-11-2003, 08:12 PM
Banned

I've seen a guy once in an S class with those things! LOL. I don't recall there is a blind spot in the S class.

and to answer this thread... there is no blind spot in the C class. well, unless u're planing to throw ur car from first lane to fourth one without bothering looking at the mirror during that.
Old 09-11-2003, 09:55 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
2004 Civic Si. FWD for the Win!
Gee, wish that I could have predicted a "it's you, not the mirrors" comment from someone here.

The mirrors suck - getting the Euro mirrors really helped me. Really don't know how anyone could say that the mirrors are well-designed without snickering.

Now, Rev, you know that MB-BOB does have some of the mirror stickies on his c320. Feel free to trash your co-moderator if you want.
Old 09-12-2003, 12:15 AM
Out Of Control!!

K Car
Originally posted by tommy
Gee, wish that I could have predicted a "it's you, not the mirrors" comment from someone here.

The mirrors suck - getting the Euro mirrors really helped me. Really don't know how anyone could say that the mirrors are well-designed without snickering.

Now, Rev, you know that MB-BOB does have some of the mirror stickies on his c320. Feel free to trash your co-moderator if you want.
Hey Tommy. I was just offering a suggestion that might help, not saying that the mirrors on the W203 are great (although I have no problem with them). I think the Euro mirrors would be great, but if I remember, they were a bit costly and he was looking for an inexpensive solution.

You know, I can't remember if MB-BOB's car has the sticky mirrors, but if it does, then it's done tastefully (or I would have remembered) like all his other "mods".
Old 09-12-2003, 12:18 AM
Out Of Control!!

K Car
Originally posted by Halifax
and to answer this thread... there is no blind spot in the C class. well, unless u're planing to throw ur car from first lane to fourth one without bothering looking at the mirror during that.
The size, or existence of a blind spot on most vehicles has to do with the size and setting of the mirrors. Some people prefer to see the side of their car in the mirror (maybe it's a vanity thing) and just deal with the blind spot by turning their head when switching lanes (scary!).
Old 09-12-2003, 09:26 AM
Almost a Member!

2008 Mercedes-Benz C350 Sport
For something a little better than the little stick-on mirror. check this out...

Autobahn Mirror
Old 09-12-2003, 10:06 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2003 MB C230 coupe
you can find instructions on the internet on how to properly adjust your mirrors to eliminate all blindspots (as revstriker was discussing). i've done this and *walla* no more blind spots. i don't even need to look over my shoulder anymore. if you adjust your mirrors properly and can't see a car beside/behind you, it aint there.
Old 09-12-2003, 10:32 AM
Admin Alumni

Received 18 Likes on 12 Posts
See Garage
Originally posted by tommy
tommy, if I remember correctly, your Renntech rear spoiler is a "stickie" too.:p

Um, I'm beyond those cheap mirrors from Wal-Mart. The visual quality sucks. I do have a couple of $15 autobahn mirrors made in Germany, bought at a Brookstone Store more than a decade ago (but are no longer available).

Like the one featured in Milani's post above, they are of excellent optic quality, providing a useful image from edge to edge. When I'm feeling secure about myself, I will play with them in the car. But when the Geek factor gets too high (even for me), I remove them.
Attached Thumbnails Blind-spot mirror-myautobahnmirror.gif  

Last edited by MB-BOB; 09-12-2003 at 02:27 PM.