C-Class (W203) 2001-2007, C160, C180, C200, C220, C230, C240, C270, C280, C300, C320, C230K, C350, Coupe

W203 Replacement Mirror Glass Wiring?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-20-2013, 05:01 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mercedes C220 CDI W203
W203 Replacement Mirror Glass Wiring?

I have recently purchased a 2003 Mercedes C220 Cdi, and one of the first things I noticed was that the drivers side wing mirror had 'anti dazzle' glass which I completely didn't like.

I therefore bought replacement mirror glass from a well known auction site and attempted the change over myself with the help of a couple of YouTube videos....I did get the mirror on in the end, however the wiring for the heating element was different on the anti dazzle glass than on the new mirror glass. Therefore I doubt very much if I have attached the heating element connection in the correct way!

I have attached a photo of the anti dazzle mirror I have taken off; The two connectors are quite far apart on this mirror and one of the connectors looks to be built into the mirror; on my replacement there are two connectors that are close together...and only one connector comes from the actual door mirror itself!

I am quite sure that the heating element won't work with this different connector...has anyone come across this before? Thanks
Attached Thumbnails W203 Replacement Mirror Glass Wiring?-anti-dazzle-mirror.jpg   W203 Replacement Mirror Glass Wiring?-new-replacement-glass.jpg  
Old 12-20-2013, 07:58 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts
2005 C Wagon (No snickering please!)
Why not simply disconnect the anti-dazzle connections, and leave the heater connected in your original mirror. Without power the mirrors will not get dark. Simply press the tang and pull the wire from the connector. Insulate and store.
Old 12-20-2013, 08:22 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mercedes C220 CDI W203
Thanks for the reply Moviela....I wasn't happy with the anti dazzle mirror anyway, I found I couldn't see any cars approaching! So decided to buy just a standard glass replacement...since I posted the original question, I have seen another anti dazzle/auto dim mirror for sale with the same connection.

But since I did remove the anti dazzle mirror from my car, I haven't noticed it get any darker/lighter since removing its power source...I am much happier with the standard glass...just the inbuilt connections from the car leave me with only one single wire connector and another connector which plugs into the auto dazzle mirror (I have attempted to show where it plugs into on the mirror); these are the only connections that are apparent.

When I removed the anti dazzle mirror I was only expecting to see it plug into two wire connections at the car side, not the one wire and the 4 pin plug which plugged into the mirror.
Attached Thumbnails W203 Replacement Mirror Glass Wiring?-connector-into-car.jpg  

Last edited by paul_smith30; 12-20-2013 at 08:32 AM.