C-Class (W203) 2001-2007, C160, C180, C200, C220, C230, C240, C270, C280, C300, C320, C230K, C350, Coupe

Help:Remote unlock door failed

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-11-2002, 12:01 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2002 C320 c2/c3/c4 & command
Help:Remote unlock door failed

I just needed one for this weekend and it just don't work. I accidentally locked my key inside the trunk. I thought it can be solved by the teleaid function. So, I called the teleaid and they came on line pretty quick and told me to hold the trunk open latch for about 30 seconds. Then teleaid told me to check the SOS buttom is blinking or not. So, I did and its blinking. Teleaid then told me to wait about 1 and half mins. and then he told me that he got the message back from my car saying the door is unlocked. But I told him that the door still locked.

He then told me to call back in 15 min to try again. So I did call back in about 20 min. and repeated the same procedures and still no luck and the door is still in locking position. Teleaid then tell me to bring the car to my dealer to check out this problem.

before I bring my car in, just wanted to know is anyone of you had this problem before and if you did, how you get it fixed. Thanks for the input. What a day !!!
Old 03-11-2002, 07:48 PM
DrX

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
2002 ML320, 2003 A160
Didn't your car come with 2 keys?
Old 03-11-2002, 07:55 PM

03 W8 Passat Variant
Re: Help:Remote unlock door failed

Originally posted by newMBz
. Teleaid then tell me to bring the car to my dealer to check out this problem.

before I bring my car in, just wanted to know is anyone of you had this problem before and if you did, how you get it fixed. Thanks for the input. What a day !!!
How did they expect you to bring the car in?
Old 03-11-2002, 08:19 PM

Trunk lock

I did have a similar problem but fortunately I had my key. When I first got my car I was showing some relatives the car and when I hit the remote for the trunk it would not open. I used the trunk open button on the drivers door and still nothing. I eventually used the key to unlock the trunk. Once I opened it I closed it again and my remotes worked fine. For some reason the trunk must not have unlocked when I hit the un lock button.
Old 03-12-2002, 12:18 PM

I was just came out from a shopping center and both hands were full of begs. So I used the remote trunk open function to open the trunk and placed all the items into the trunk included my remote key(accidentally). The moment I closed the trunk, I relaized my key was in the trunk too; but its too late then. Thats how I locked my key inside the trunk.

I called the teleaid for help and they tried twice to use teleaid to unlock the doors but failed. At the same times, I was only about 15 miles away from where my wife was. I called her and she came by for about 30 mins with the second keys.

Now, just wanted to know is anyone had the same problems and how it be fixed.?

Called the dealer and will bring the car in on this Thursday. I'll post more info once I have my dealer checked on my car. Thanks.
Old 03-12-2002, 05:54 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Location: Sitting behind thing freakin desk of mine. Dreaming I was playing my Taylors, and driving my Benz. Long Live The VRAA!!!!!!
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
C230 Sports Coupe
Tried it on the CL, ML, and the S55 and teleaid worked fine. I will try on my C230 when I get a chance.
Old 03-19-2002, 02:32 AM

C320
My car is a early production c320 and I had the same problem. I was told by MBUSA that there was a problem with early production C240/320 models and that mine was one of them. They told me that they were working on a fix and that they would let me know when it would be available. That was May of 2001, I got a call from MBUSA in Sept 2001 notifying me that a fix is now available and that I should contact my local dealer and get it installed. I contacted my dealer and they ordered the parts and within a day the car was ready. I went home that day and was able to have Tele-Aid open my car, previously my car would not open but would do everything that it does now just not unlock. I got all the flashing lights and SOS blinking and car dialing signals but no unlock until I got the correct part installed at my dealer. Just make sure that your dealer understands that your car cannot remote unlock and have them order the parts before you go in.
Old 03-19-2002, 10:12 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2007 GL450 2010 GL550 2020 Sprinter 4x4
I had the dealer install the parts to fix remote unlocking on early C's. The kicker is that I have never tested it. The timing was such that my 1st year of free tele-aid lapsed while the parts were on order, and I did not renew teleaid. They say they fixed it, i think I believe them?

-John
Old 03-20-2002, 12:44 AM
Almost a Member!

06 ML350; 05 Infiniti G35 Coupe
I got locked out one time and called Teleaid, they told me that they could not remote unlock my car due to my car is an early production of C320. I purchased my car in October 2000. They told me that only C320 produced in that specific month in 2001 (I forgot the eaxct month) or later will have this feature.
Old 03-29-2002, 11:24 AM

I finally got this Tele-aid remote door unlock problem fixed. The dealer told me that the SAM Control module is not working. After they replaced the new SAM control nmodule, my car can be remotely unlocked the door by tele-aid. I tested it and it works. Now I'm happy this function is working on my car.

So, if you haven't try this function on your car, try it before you really need it.
Old 03-29-2002, 12:20 PM
Admin Alumni

Received 18 Likes on 12 Posts
See Garage
Keep in mind that the teleaid unlocking feature works only as well as the ability of the system to transmit to/from the car.

If you want to test the system, be sure to park the car in an area with a clear shot at the sky, without any overhead wires in 100-ft or so (large shopping center parking lot). If they can't open it under these conditions, then you have the "problem."

The first time I tested my car, it was in a small parking lot at work, backed against a two story building. They couldn't unlock the car. The next time I tested this, it was parked in front of my house with a clear, unobstructed view of the sky. It worked fine, then.

The owner's manual DOES stipulate that it probably will NOT work within your home garage, tunnels, parking garages at malls, etc.