C-Class (W203) 2001-2007, C160, C180, C200, C220, C230, C240, C270, C280, C300, C320, C230K, C350, Coupe

C230 Coupe Spinners Pics Finally!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-22-2003, 11:53 AM
CRB

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The perfect finisher for a C-coupe, IMO.
Old 11-22-2003, 01:37 PM

2002 Mercedes Benz C230 Kompressor Sports Coupe
hey

what ever guys... im happy with what i have, and no i really dont need the rims to get girls i just said that because i was kind of upset, cuz i have never said anyhting mean about anyones car on this forum, but gave positive feedback, i thought i would get atleast 5. but **** out of 50 posts only 2, what ever. the people around me like them, i like them, most of all i like them is all i care. and if you lived in baltimore city your minds would work different. and if i did have the money to buy an escalade of course id get that, and 24's, thats like saying get a s600 without leather, if you have the money for something that nice, get hte nicest for it, but for a 19 year old working 2 part time jobs i think i am doing fine. thanks for those who support again, i appreciate it. but to the other rich snobs or who ever think **** of others and will never grow and just be ignorant cuz they can over the internet and they know nothing will happen they will say anything and laugh about it. and they are not 17's... they are 19X8.5..... thanks.... again.... i dont really have much more to say, if you are wondering what type of rims these are, they are diablo vienna's with spintek spinners.... peace!~

Old 11-22-2003, 01:42 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2003 C230 K , 2001 ML320
Sure seem to be a lot of close mind people who know good taste more than anyone else.

I thought I would hate the spinners on a coupe. hey they are not my taste, but they are not bad either. Bad is putting $5000 of spinners on a 79 El Camino worth $500

You sedan snobs are so lame. I really doubt that not one of the coupe owners could not have afforded the sedan, I know I could have afforded the C32. But I liked the smaller size, I drive 99.9% with no passengers. I did not buy it for the gas mileage, but 34 mpg when gas was $2.69 was good When I retire, I will pass the C class and go straight to the E 55, and call it mid-life crisis
Old 11-22-2003, 02:57 PM
Out Of Control!!

K Car
Originally posted by breastroker
Sure seem to be a lot of close mind people who know good taste more than anyone else.

I thought I would hate the spinners on a coupe. hey they are not my taste, but they are not bad either. Bad is putting $5000 of spinners on a 79 El Camino worth $500

You sedan snobs are so lame. I really doubt that not one of the coupe owners could not have afforded the sedan, I know I could have afforded the C32. But I liked the smaller size, I drive 99.9% with no passengers. I did not buy it for the gas mileage, but 34 mpg when gas was $2.69 was good When I retire, I will pass the C class and go straight to the E 55, and call it mid-life crisis
I've read every post in this thread, and I don't see people being snobs. If you post pictures of your car and seek opinions, then opinions you will get. It's very easy to avoid this: Don't post your pictures. What I can't stand is when people want opinions, and then complain when other's don't agree with them.

I hate spinners on any kind of a car, so there was no surprise for me when I saw the pictures, that I thought they were disgusting. Hearing that someone paid $5K for them makes it even worse. If I saw that car on the street, I think I would be in danger of driving off the road because I would be laughing so hard. --My opinion.
Old 11-22-2003, 03:08 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts
SLS AMG | S65 AMG | GL550
Well, he admits they are 19's not 20's like he originally said...

Erik
Old 11-22-2003, 05:27 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Honda Grom
where there is one lie... there is always more to follow . now they are 19's instead of 20's....
Old 11-23-2003, 02:09 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2003 Citron Green C230KMT
why god why???????????????
Old 11-24-2003, 10:28 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2003 MB C230 coupe
Re: I hate to admit it....

Originally posted by Rick
Those of you who have been around long enough will recall how a certain "Dr. Iggy" and his cronie C240 owners said the C230 Coupe would lower the esteem and demographic standard of the average Mercedes owner. He said this would be "the Chryslerization of the brand" he so loved. He said the Coupe would bring a lower, undesireable class to the marque. He disparraged the people who had ordered and were waiting for their '02 Coupe to arrive (as there were few of us in mid 2001) as 'wanna-be rich boys' with no class or taste.

We argued that the Coupe would not do that...We chided him to the point where the only ammunition he had left was to call us racist for disagreeing with him. But in light of the photo's shown on page one.....

MY GOD, THE FLAMING IDIOT WAS RIGHT!

Paging Dr. Iggy!!
excuse me?!?! i'm 24, i have a great job, a damn hot wife, and plenty of student loan payments. so excuse me if i'd like to step into a mercedes every morning without paying $1000 a month at this point in my life. this is my first of many MBs to be owned by me and my wife throughout our life. we're just starting our lives and we can't afford an SL55 quite yet, but it is next on my list. maybe i should have bought an eclipse like so many other "kids" my age and MB would have lost a customer. i've been in the working world for only about a 1 year now and i wasn't dropped into a pile of money. the C230 is for those of us who appreciate the quality and enjoyment of driving a mercedes but can only afford the sporty coupe as their first mercedes. 20 years from now, we'll be the ones driving around shiny new Es and Ss (i can't speak for those who aren't paying for their own cars). just be glad i got married, cause if i was single, i would probably be driving a porsche and MB would've definitely lost a customer.

Last edited by truelove; 11-24-2003 at 10:30 AM.
Old 11-24-2003, 11:02 AM
Banned

C230K

It's threads like this that keep me away from MBWorld and glued to C-Sport Coupe. Those of you that were over there while this place was down know what I'm talking about.

Oh and one more...

Old 11-24-2003, 11:20 AM

Originally posted by KompMan420

It's threads like this that keep me away from MBWorld and glued to C-Sport Coupe. Those of you that were over there while this place was down know what I'm talking about.

Oh and one more...

ellaborate on that...
Old 11-24-2003, 11:35 AM
Banned

C230K
Spend some time over there and you'll see what I mean. It's just way too petty and snobish over here. For the majority.
Old 11-24-2003, 12:48 PM
taylor192

Re: Re: I hate to admit it....

Originally posted by truelove
excuse me?!?! i'm 24, i have a great job, a damn hot wife, and plenty of student loan payments. so excuse me if i'd like to step into a mercedes every morning without paying $1000 a month at this point in my life. this is my first of many MBs to be owned by me and my wife throughout our life. we're just starting our lives and we can't afford an SL55 quite yet, but it is next on my list. maybe i should have bought an eclipse like so many other "kids" my age and MB would have lost a customer. i've been in the working world for only about a 1 year now and i wasn't dropped into a pile of money. the C230 is for those of us who appreciate the quality and enjoyment of driving a mercedes but can only afford the sporty coupe as their first mercedes. 20 years from now, we'll be the ones driving around shiny new Es and Ss (i can't speak for those who aren't paying for their own cars). just be glad i got married, cause if i was single, i would probably be driving a porsche and MB would've definitely lost a customer.
Don't worry, in response to BMW's 1-series no doubt MB will start to offer the A-class, and maybe even V-class in NA and the C-class sedan snobs will be pick on them, while the E-class and S-class sedan owners typically couldn't care less about MB bringing lower priced cars into NA.

If not for the C Sports Coupe I'd be driving a A4, IS300, WRX or RSX Type S since driving a MB sedan isn't representative of the image I'd like protrayed by my car for my age.
Old 11-24-2003, 03:16 PM

2002 E55, Black on Black
Re: I hate to admit it....

Originally posted by Rick
Those of you who have been around long enough will recall how a certain "Dr. Iggy" and his cronie C240 owners said the C230 Coupe would lower the esteem and demographic standard of the average Mercedes owner. He said this would be "the Chryslerization of the brand" he so loved. He said the Coupe would bring a lower, undesireable class to the marque. He disparraged the people who had ordered and were waiting for their '02 Coupe to arrive (as there were few of us in mid 2001) as 'wanna-be rich boys' with no class or taste.

We argued that the Coupe would not do that...We chided him to the point where the only ammunition he had left was to call us racist for disagreeing with him. But in light of the photo's shown on page one.....

MY GOD, THE FLAMING IDIOT WAS RIGHT!

Paging Dr. Iggy!!
This argument is somewhat elitist and snobish. However, I think there is an element to it that does ring true. The issue really isn't allowing less affluent people into the Mercedes brand (which is an elitist concept), it is entering the car into a market of individuals who are still like to use their cars to say "look at me everyone! see what kind of car I have, and like me because of it."
Traditionally, Mercedes has been about understated values. A demonstration of wealth for its quality and performance -- not its flash. Those with wanted to show off more could always choose Porsche, Ferrari, etc., but Mercedes did it without the flash. To some degree, this understated mentalitiy still holds true. Styling is still on the conservative side, and the high perofrmance AMG cars are barely visually distinguishable from the entry level models. However, Mercedes move downmarket has opened the door to a younger buyer, many of whom still evaluate their self-worth by the flash of their transportation. Those still single and in their 20s are much more likely to want to show off -- be it through burnouts in a Mustang, donning an Eclipse with neon lights, or putting expensive spinners on a relatively inexpensive c230 (not a judgment either way -- just reality). While I think criticism of this particular mod has been unduly harsh, I do undertand the displeasure at such ostentatious mods from those drivers who bought their Mercedes to get a great, solid, well-engineered vehicle that doesn't scream "look at me!."
Just my 2 cents
Old 11-24-2003, 11:15 PM

HY

I LOVE MY CAR DAMMIT, EVERYONE WHO I HAVE SHOWED IT TO HAS SAID THEY LOVED IT SO FAR, THAT I LIVE AROUND, AND THE ONLY PLACE WHERE I HAVE ACTUALLY HAD NEGATIVE COMMENTS IS ON THIS BOARD.
Old 11-24-2003, 11:16 PM

HY

I LOVE MY CAR DAMMIT, EVERYONE WHO I HAVE SHOWED IT TO HAS SAID THEY LOVED IT SO FAR, THAT I LIVE AROUND, AND THE ONLY PLACE WHERE I HAVE ACTUALLY HAD NEGATIVE COMMENTS IS ON THIS BOARD.
Old 11-24-2003, 11:18 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

E320
Re: HY

Originally posted by c230ksc
2 possible reasons:

1) they didn't wanna hurt your feelings in person

2) since you hang around with them, they probably share the same taste as you
Old 11-24-2003, 11:23 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Received 21 Likes on 17 Posts
Fast Cars!
Re: Re: HY

Originally posted by oggle
2 possible reasons:

1) they didn't wanna hurt your feelings in person

Old 11-24-2003, 11:50 PM
Guest0001

What a funny thread
Old 11-25-2003, 12:05 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2005 smart cabrio; 2008 Mercedes-Benz B 200
Spinners

I say more power to c230ksc and his spinners.

Whatever turns his crank is fine with me. It doesn't harm anyone else.

The comments about Mercedes being all about understated elegance etc and how the C 230 K might undermine the class of Benz is a bit of a joke really. Have you ever noticed the number of highly modified S Classes and the like in rap videos and other pop videos?

This has been a theme for at least 15 years. So poof goes that argument about "class"; the S Class is not an inexpensive car. Which only goes to show that some wealthy people who value VERY conspicuous consumption are also - gasp - attracted to Mercedes-Benz cars. Nothing new here, really...

.....ZZZZZZzzzzzzz.........
Old 11-25-2003, 01:15 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

C32
there are cheap spinners and there are VERY expansive ones... from what i had gathered... each wheel can cost up to 2 grand for the 24" so i guess 5000 including tires is logical.

everyone has their own taste..... enrique has his chrome HRE! LOL!!!!! and i have my iforged. and some people can never escape from the name brabus and lorinser.

different people with different point of views... accept it and don't flame others for their personal tastes. they are spending their money not yours.

Jerry
Old 11-25-2003, 08:15 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts
SLS AMG | S65 AMG | GL550
Originally posted by SiLvaC32
there are cheap spinners and there are VERY expansive ones...
Yes...real 'true' spinners have a special size lug cover that the spinner fits perfectly.

The cheaper knock-offs use a large circular adaptor that fits over the lug cover hole to adapt spinners to any wheel with a large enough lip. The problem with these is you see the huge circle adaptor in between the rim/spinner and it looks so much worse.

Erik
Old 11-25-2003, 09:21 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

r171
you paid 5 Gs? you got ripped a new one buddy.....
those spinners look like lowenhart ld1s underneath the spinner part. and dont lie dude... those are no way 19s. and you need to lower the car more

you guys gotta understand... he lives in baltimore... if youve ever been there, its a city where everyone is a rapper wannabe. so thats why he likes it and so do the people around him.

personally i think spinners on a benz is just wrong.
Old 11-25-2003, 10:23 AM

Originally posted by CarlssonCRS
you paid 5 Gs? you got ripped a new one buddy.....
those spinners look like lowenhart ld1s underneath the spinner part. and dont lie dude... those are no way 19s. and you need to lower the car more

you guys gotta understand... he lives in baltimore... if youve ever been there, its a city where everyone is a rapper wannabe. so thats why he likes it and so do the people around him.

personally i think spinners on a benz is just wrong.
LOL, no doubt man. those are 18's at the very most.
Old 11-25-2003, 10:30 AM

Originally posted by SiLvaC32
there are cheap spinners and there are VERY expansive ones... from what i had gathered... each wheel can cost up to 2 grand for the 24" so i guess 5000 including tires is logical.
try 4-5k for a quality spinner in 20" or so (each).

any way spinners are as innapropriate for his car as say 14" gold wire wheels "poked out" with a hydraulic setup. spinners are meant for 20" and up on a car (nothing german), and 24" and up on a truck/SUV (american eg Cadillac, Lincoln..etc) an X5 or ML would look silly with spinners too.
Old 12-04-2003, 09:12 AM
Out Of Control!!

Volvo V90 CC
Originally posted by WannaBeAMG
try 4-5k for a quality spinner in 20" or so (each).

any way spinners are as innapropriate for his car as say 14" gold wire wheels "poked out" with a hydraulic setup. . .
What are you talking about, Gold Wire Wheels look great on a Benz