C-Class (W203) 2001-2007, C160, C180, C200, C220, C230, C240, C270, C280, C300, C320, C230K, C350, Coupe

Bluetooth Cassette Adapter

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-25-2014, 08:50 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2002 C320
Bluetooth Cassette Adapter

For those who like me have the Bose system and cassette player with no bluetooth and few options as far as upgrading. I dont even know how many wired cassette adapters I've gone through over the years. Too many. But no more. I recently bought a bluetooth cassette adapter from radio shack. The only local place that even sells them. I'd been considering it for a while, and if you have been as well. Just buy one already. I can confirm they work perfectly. I'm no audio pro but to me they sound just as good as the wired cassette and far better than those terrible fm transmitters. Not the cheapest option at $50. But just to finally not have to hear that damn beeping all the time when the tray is even slightly open. Makes it a bargain. lol Just wanted to pass that on.

http://www.radioshack.com/product/in...76#tabsetBasic
Old 02-26-2014, 07:57 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
2019 C300 Wagon; '75 Triumph TR6; previous: 2004 C230 6spd sold after 17 years of driving
I installed an FM modulator in my car and works great, not as good as an 'Aux-In' but better than any transmitter or cassette enabled device. you will need however antenna adaptors to fit the euro standard - can get at any auto audio shop for under $20

I have the plug in with switch mounted in my ashtray (I took the ashtray insert out) and the rest of the set up is buried behind the space below my radio and climate control which makes for a very clean and neat install. I have been using it since 2010 and no issues

Amazon.com: Scosche FM-MOD02 Universal Audio Input FM Modulator for iPod, Satellite Radio or Portable Music Player: MP3 Players & Accessories Amazon.com: Scosche FM-MOD02 Universal Audio Input FM Modulator for iPod, Satellite Radio or Portable Music Player: MP3 Players & Accessories

Last edited by Boom vang; 02-26-2014 at 08:04 AM.
Old 02-26-2014, 06:47 PM

2002 C320
Interesting. Do you have the stereo that is fiber wired as well? How did you connect this to your stereo? My car has no aux input.

I've tried probably 10 different fm transmitters. I live in SF and there are almost zero stations that are unused here. I was constantly having to change the station to get it to work and even then the static was terrible.
Old 02-27-2014, 08:34 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
2019 C300 Wagon; '75 Triumph TR6; previous: 2004 C230 6spd sold after 17 years of driving
yes I have a CD that is fiber cabled, the FM modulator is wired inline with the antenna and basically shuts out any outside signal receiving on 87.9 or 88.3, when turned on. You don't get any static or interference and get a clean signal. If you look at the picture there is a small switch with a stereo jack input and that is where you plug in your iphone, pod etc.

Don't waste your money on Transmitters, they only work in the rural areas. A modulator is a different beast and for under $30 it is the best on only bet for us that don't have the 2005 and later stereo that has a aux in

I also added a ground loop isolator
Amazon.com: Boss Audio Systems Car Ground Loop Isolator (B25N): Car Electronics Amazon.com: Boss Audio Systems Car Ground Loop Isolator (B25N): Car Electronics

you will need a VW/bmw/euro antenna adaptor, Metra makes them and you can get on Amazon or at a car audio shop

Last edited by Boom vang; 02-27-2014 at 08:40 AM.
Old 03-01-2014, 06:43 AM

2002 C320
I think I might have to check that out. I actually already have the antenna adapter, so that makes it even easier. Thanks for the info.

Originally Posted by Boom vang
yes I have a CD that is fiber cabled, the FM modulator is wired inline with the antenna and basically shuts out any outside signal receiving on 87.9 or 88.3, when turned on. You don't get any static or interference and get a clean signal. If you look at the picture there is a small switch with a stereo jack input and that is where you plug in your iphone, pod etc.

Don't waste your money on Transmitters, they only work in the rural areas. A modulator is a different beast and for under $30 it is the best on only bet for us that don't have the 2005 and later stereo that has a aux in

I also added a ground loop isolator Amazon.com: Boss Audio Systems Car Ground Loop Isolator (B25N): Car Electronics

you will need a VW/bmw/euro antenna adaptor, Metra makes them and you can get on Amazon or at a car audio shop