C-Class (W203) 2001-2007, C160, C180, C200, C220, C230, C240, C270, C280, C300, C320, C230K, C350, Coupe

Mixed problems with Power

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-03-2014, 02:30 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mercedes C200 W203
Mixed problems with Power

Hello ,

My name is Bogdan , and i have a problem with my recent bought Mercedes C200 W203 - 122HP diesel . I have the car since end of November 2013 , but i know it since 2010 and was known to have multiple little problems .
I will explain as much detail as i can , so maybe some one can help me get to the bottom of this problem .

OK . Once in a while , the owner told me that the car was gooing in "limp mode" , and limits RPM's to 3000 and also cuts the turbo , and since i got it i noticed like once in 2 weeks that was happening , but recently every time outside is more than 5-10 degreese , the car enters "limp mode" faster without any light in the dash board , but in the days that rains and is colder it works fine . Now , the important part is : I disconected the MAF and for like 2 weeks with it disconected i had no problem at all , the car was runing perfectly , like a new one , fast response , boost was gooing to 1.6bar .. etc. , and i sayd OK , let's buy a new MAF .. today i installed it and i had same problem again , after 5 min , back into limp mode , cleared codes and after 2 mins , again on limp mode.

I own a android phone with Torque pro Installed and i can see and test anything on the car .
I recived the folowing error codes
: P0660 ( Intake Mainfold Tuning Valve Control Circuit ( Bank 1) )
: P2513 Event Data Recoder Request Circuit Low

Vehicle Calibration ID: 6461533179020005
Freeze frame information:
------------------
Engine Load = 32.157 %
Engine Coolant Temperature = 90 °C
Intake Manifold Pressure = 105 kpa
Engine RPM = 1,809 rpm
Speed (OBD) = 44 km/h
End of report.

P2513 i get it every time it enters limp mode only with MAF conected , and p0660 once in a while only when i have the MAF conected
I dont recieve this errors with MAF disconected .

Now , i read on forums here i think , that P2513 might be from a stuck swirl flap actuator and that motor can be disconected and inserted a 4.7k resistor as a trick for the error , but i cant find the Swirl motor at all on my car .

My question is , should i keep looking for the swirl motor ? or this errors are from something else ?
Some other forums sayd that it may be from the IAT sensor . but my sensor is integrated in the MAF and it's brand new now .

With respect ,
Bogdan Andrei