C-Class (W203) 2001-2007, C160, C180, C200, C220, C230, C240, C270, C280, C300, C320, C230K, C350, Coupe

shifting problems

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-26-2014, 12:39 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2005 Mercedes C 230 Kompressor
Question shifting problems

Can someone please help me I was recently in a car accident it wasn't a bad accident just got rear ended in my 2005 C 230 Kompressor. Just a few scrapes nothing to bad so with that being said I didn't turn the car off the time of the accident I kept running until I was home, and be for that it was running fine then after a few days and a few hospital visits I want out side to go to the store and it went in to reverse just fine then in to drive just fine but I forgot something in the house so I tired to put it back in to reverse or park and it will not go passed neutral also I didn't spill anything on the shiftier so I'm puzzled now I'm having to leave it in neutral with the keys in the ignition and I haven't given it to the insurance company yet to fix it PLEASE SOMEONE HELP
Old 06-26-2014, 10:02 AM

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
2005 C230WZ SS Capri Blue/Ash
Welcome to the Forum !! I'm sure you'll find a lot of information, and the people here are exceptionally friendly and helpful.

Sorry to hear about your accident. I have the same car as you and I'd hate to see one damaged. Thankfully you were fine. The car can always be fixed.

As for the shifting issue, that's pretty interesting. Most times, the shifting interlock is to prevent you from getting out of Park. Like most cars, there's a shift-interlock bypass on our cars. Just not as noticeable as on other cars (where there's a little plastic cover near the shifter which you pop out). On our cars, you can access the shifter interlock bypass from the cup holder opening.

If you press the cupholder button to raise the cup holder, then turn it towards the passenger seat, you'll be able to see a small opening in the cavity towards the front. If memory serves, you'll need to insert a pretty long screwdriver to activate the interlock bypass switch that's deep inside. Try that out and see if when you're pushing down on it, if it will allow you to shift the car back into Reverse/Park.

Thanks,
Cintoman
Old 06-29-2014, 11:21 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2005 Mercedes C 230 Kompressor
thanks for your replay gave it a shot and still nothing